*Author

cyberrico

Re: Undocumented Patch Notes (1.17) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19219#msg19219
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2010, 07:06:18 am »
Well, rico, you're the only one saying they should be harder TBOMK.  Maybe that explains why we're responding to all of the OTHER people, and not the lone voice?
Or they could be like you and many others who disagree with everything yet seem to have nothing to contribute to improving the quality of the game.  And I'm not the lone voice.  Sadly though, most people who agree with me have no idea what I am talking about and are casual gamers who just want to see an easy game be easier.

Daxx

Re: Undocumented Patch Notes (1.17) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19245#msg19245
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:06 pm »
Well, rico, you're the only one saying they should be harder TBOMK.  Maybe that explains why we're responding to all of the OTHER people, and not the lone voice?
Or they could be like you and many others who disagree with everything yet seem to have nothing to contribute to improving the quality of the game.  And I'm not the lone voice.  Sadly though, most people who agree with me have no idea what I am talking about and are casual gamers who just want to see an easy game be easier.
It's hard to agree when you don't seem to be consistent in what you're saying. In one paragraph you say:

I want the FGs to be harder than they are now
And in the next:

those who have Zanz's ear just want to copy and paste the whole "It's not supposed to be easy" statement repeatedly.
And previously:

The difficulty level is fine.
About the most sense I can drag from your post is that you're whining about the AI not being good enough, but then complaining when it's improved because you think the other advantages are too much. Even then it's not entirely clear why you're being so aggressive, unless you're confused that people responding to hellkaiser are in fact responding to you.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: Undocumented Patch Notes (1.17) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19376#msg19376
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2010, 01:46:50 am »
Pardon me for a moment while I get a little affronted, and I'm sorry if I come across as tooting my own horn.

yet seem to have nothing to contribute to improving the quality of the game
Nothing to contribute to the quality of the game?  That's a laugh coming from someone with barely 20 posts to his name, no title, no sign of community involvement except for a couple of snarky posts attacking...something? -- especially directed toward someone who spearheaded -- as one example -- the derailment of the ubergrind (legendary card concept Zanz first had) which would have severely negatively impacted game quality, has a position as an Elemental Master, and is writing the new Oracle fortunes for Zanzarino.   Your contribution here has been to be unclear, vaguely insulting, and not at all useful.

Pull your Gavel out of your Black Hole and stop spreading Discord or you'll never get any Momentum -- and never build an Empathic Bond with the community you think you're just Blessing with your Nova-like brilliance.  You think you're a Colossal Dragon, but you're just a Micro Abomination -- and a Shrieker besides.  Go Burrow yourself.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

icybraker

Re: Undocumented Patch Notes (1.17) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19379#msg19379
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2010, 01:54:33 am »
...That last paragraph was EPIC. +1 karma for defending our community, Elements style :P

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Elements 1.17 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19413#msg19413
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2010, 05:06:32 am »
My understanding to why shields can now affect Immortal creatures is this:

Immortal creatures are intangible, because they've shifted to another phase by moving in the 4th spatial dimension. Nothing can touch them, but they can touch nothing. In order to attack your opponent, they must briefly slip out of the ethereal phase into the material phase, become tangible again, and attack your opponent. However, the shield is a part of your opponent, and the Immortal creature is tangible when it attacks your opponent, so the Immortal creature is affected by the shield. After the attack, the creature slips back into the ethereal phase again, and is intangible.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

hellkaiser

Re: Undocumented Patch Notes (1.17) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg19817#msg19817
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2010, 02:17:19 pm »
Pardon me for a moment while I get a little affronted, and I'm sorry if I come across as tooting my own horn.

yet seem to have nothing to contribute to improving the quality of the game
Nothing to contribute to the quality of the game?  That's a laugh coming from someone with barely 20 posts to his name, no title, no sign of community involvement except for a couple of snarky posts attacking...something? -- especially directed toward someone who spearheaded -- as one example -- the derailment of the ubergrind (legendary card concept Zanz first had) which would have severely negatively impacted game quality, has a position as an Elemental Master, and is writing the new Oracle fortunes for Zanzarino.   Your contribution here has been to be unclear, vaguely insulting, and not at all useful.

Pull your Gavel out of your Black Hole and stop spreading Discord or you'll never get any Momentum -- and never build an Empathic Bond with the community you think you're just Blessing with your Nova-like brilliance.  You think you're a Colossal Dragon, but you're just a Micro Abomination -- and a Shrieker besides.  Go Burrow yourself.
after reading that i'm willing to bear your micro abominations

i'll get around the fact i'm male somehow

anyone got a fallen druid who can mutate me?

lol but seriously quite possibly THE most epic post i've seen here bar none :D

anyways

i see the newer cards are added and i'll give them a whirl

i've noticed (and i see many have soon thereafter) that protect artifact is becoming a very key card in keeping your stuff on the board and leads to something interesting

just an observation but the AI is slowly making more human moves and abusing it's advantage but this also means if it get's a hand full of destruction and all you have is a quinted oty and a few towers with PA on it that it's literally got a DEAD HAND which means if you can keep board control (not impossible sometimes) that you can actually annihilate some of the gods

might experiment with one or two new cards but i can't REALLY see nymphs tears being anything for rainbow to be looking at much

still there's some nice additions :D

i'll play a little more and reserve judgement on the FG's although i do feel there's still a tiny bit of a power imbalance in their favor

incomplete AI or not that is

philipapw

Re: Elements 1.17 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg20523#msg20523
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2010, 04:21:44 pm »
I agree with BloodShadow. The shields are designed to protect YOU, the player. Immaterial creatures still should be able to be blocked by shields that you hold due to BloodShadow's reasoning.

aaandrew152

Re: Elements 1.17 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1775.msg47057#msg47057
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00:43 am »
I feel as though the cost for quintessence should be increased but the immortality should remain (because really a immortal being killed by fire?). This could prevent its overuse while maintaining its main purpose.

blarg: