*Author

Kael Hate

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40235#msg40235
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 08:22:05 am »
Any chance the Masters will copy the Stats into a topic in their area so the elemental groups can be discussed in detail? I was going to for Others but alas no rights.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40236#msg40236
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 08:27:23 am »
holy damn this game is frikin popular... you should consider doing an interview for the news, be sure to mention forums...
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

orgolove

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40237#msg40237
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 08:29:12 am »
Here's the problem.

1. Fallen Gods are about the only reasonable source of income in the game.
2. All the advantages of Fallen gods lead themselves as rush decks - more cards + more quantum = faster.
3. Rainbow decks are the only decks that can stop the rush.
4. But rainbow decks have become so popular that it is stifling all competition, hence the need to nerf them.

I propose a solution to your dilemma.

1. In a game where you have 12 different elements, or mana types, How do rainbow decks play every type of mana every game? Answer: quantum pillars.
2. It comes a situation where dual or tricolor decks are actually inferior to rainbow decks, as quantum pillars can be used as lands as well as any mono pillar.
3. You suggest nerfing the quantum pillars. This does not go to the root of the problem.
4. I suggest rather than actually "nerfing" the mana generation, you should actually change the type.
5. Easy way: change the Quantum pillar from a pillar type to a regular card, limited to 6 per deck.
6. Really, the only "land" types where you can have unlimited number in your deck, should be the ones that produce a single color.

But, this will bring in a lot of cries. If you want to maintain the current level of farm:

Change the fallen god mechanic. Vary it up. Instead of having each fallen god draw extra card and get extra quantum, mix it up a bit.
some ideas:
1. heal itself to full every 10 turns
2. start with 3 random creatures
3. start with 5 quanta of each type
4. all permanents owned is indestructible

etc etc.

Also, you want more variety in decks, right? It just means you want more possible combinations people can play with.
there's two ways.

1. Make more cards. Simple as that. The more card types there are, the more decks can be made.
2. Make more ways for cards in different elements to be used with each other. Right now, other than rainbow decks, it's very difficult to maintain any more than two quantum types because there are no multicolor, less "random" pillars.

how to fix it?
1. Add "dual pillar cards," cards that are limited to 6 per deck, and can add two quantum of any combination of three elements.

example:
"Land name"
Add either Air and Water, Air and Gravity, or Water and Gravity.

You see where I'm getting at? it will make making tri or quad color decks much easier. It will not heavily change the game to favor multicolor decks, as you can only have up to 6 per deck.

Thanks for your time.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40238#msg40238
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 08:34:02 am »
Any chance the Masters will copy the Stats into a topic in their area so the elemental groups can be discussed in detail? I was going to for Others but alas no rights.
Good idea although all that is 1 single image, meaning I'll have to screenshot it. Thanks!
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Kael Hate

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40242#msg40242
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 08:50:27 am »
Good idea although all that is 1 single image, meaning I'll have to screenshot it. Thanks!
Download the image then open it in something simple but true like paint. Select the section required, save as PNG to prevent blurring. I'll do it for you if you want.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40243#msg40243
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:51 am »
Download the image then open it in something simple but true like paint. Select the section required, save as PNG to prevent blurring. I'll do it for you if you want.
I can do it... actually, I'll post all the image so people can talk comparatively.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.

the fury

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40267#msg40267
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 10:31:27 am »
I have to agree with Essence and Jumba there. Especially the part about increasing mono deck power instead of just bringing down rainbow's power. But I like the idea of giving the least used cards a small buff.
Quote at all

Laxaria

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40286#msg40286
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 11:44:32 am »
I think some people are trying to turn this game into Magic or something else, which it is not.

Admittedly, some of the ideas suggested are plausible, but the gap difference in coin gain between AI3, AI5 and False Gods is huge. FGs are still one of the fastest ways to make coins, compared to AI3 and AI5 which are less consistent.

Of course, it could also be attributed to the style of the game. There isn't really anything after AI5 past false gods, and, truth be told, if the final quest is at 500 score, then honestly there isn't anything much but additional content past that. If what I take zanz's aim at the beginning to be correct, the emphasis of the game is not on FGs, but rather on the lower end content.

In essence, greater diversity needs to be added to make mono/duo/trio decks more lucrative and rewarding to play. Nerfing Rainbows does not make mono/duo/trio decks better. In facting, nerfinf some of a rainbow's key cards would just make most mono/duo/trio decks even worse. Instead, more should be done to encourage usage of these decks, and more means to utilise these decks effectively. Decks like Nymphomania have proven how well a niche deck can work, but more works need to be done to ensure that as many elements as possible can work in a pair or triplet.

The goal should not be to change the metagame, but to shift it. Shifting it would involve making other means of achieving the same goal more efficient and effective, without really removing the current existing means of achieving that goal.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40299#msg40299
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 12:35:08 pm »
Noone would ever play the classical Air-Life FFQ- Deck, if FFQ were nerfed from 6 to 7 quanta (or more).
In the past, FFQ decks were more common.

A nerf of Quantum Pillars nerfes all cards in Rainbow decks.
A nerf of QP from 3 to 2.5 quanta has the same result for rainbows as a FFQ nerf from 6 to 7.2
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

HowFlyy

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40332#msg40332
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 01:54:46 pm »
Just my opinion (which may be way off because i am relatively new to this game.)

Isn't part of the reason the "rainbow" decks are so popular (besides combining cards)  is because you get 3 quantum every turn? Essentially 1 quantum pillar is worth 3 specific pillars.  The more quantum you have the more cards you will be able to play... So why not just allow UPGRADED pillars (excluding quantum) to produce 2 specific quantum every turn, along with the extra 1 for playing it the first turn. I think this would speed up mono decks, allowing them to somewhat contend with FG more frequently.

Or allow them to generate 1 extra random quantum.

I also find the duel pillar idea interesting.  :)

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40334#msg40334
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2010, 01:59:07 pm »
Just my opinion (which may be way off because i am relatively new to this game.)

Isn't part of the reason the "rainbow" decks are so popular (besides combining cards)  is because you get 3 quantum every turn? Essentially 1 quantum pillar is worth 3 specific pillars.  The more quantum you have the more cards you will be able to play... So why not just allow UPGRADED pillars (excluding quantum) to produce 2 specific quantum every turn, along with the extra 1 for playing it the first turn. I think this would speed up mono decks, allowing them to somewhat contend with FG more frequently.

Or allow them to generate 1 extra random quantum.

I also find the duel pillar idea interesting.  :)
No, quanta pillars are not specifically better than normal pillars, because they generate 3 RANDOM quanta.
Personal text by Cheesy

HowFlyy

Re: Card Usage Statistics https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4093.msg40339#msg40339
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »
No, quanta pillars are not specifically better than normal pillars, because they generate 3 RANDOM quanta.
Yea i understand that. But its still 3 quanta regardless.

:aether :air :darkness
beats
 :aether :-[
lol.

blarg: