*Author

Active members:
tttt(1) (...)(1) jippy99(1) Shantu(1) YawnChainHow(1) soumya1(1) Seedlings(1) Kuroaitou(1) MeetJSquared(1) RRQJ(1) Rainbowninja(1) RavingRabbid(1) Dm1321(1) silux(1) Zblader(1) qwandri(1) EmeraldTiger(1) firecrapper(1) pervepic(1) s0n1k(1) RootRanger(1) Chemist(1) yee(1) Kael Hate(1) hb2007(1) Gyrodiot(1) Haltar Dhrim(1) nerd1(1) 1world24(1) the dictator(1) 918273645(1) TimerClock14(1) Onizuka(1) tobtob(1) DevilLoss(1) xdude(1) LongDono(1) edunavas(1) Thiefboy109(1) Anarook(1) TheManuz(1) thehairykiwi(1) Antiderivative(1) Bruce Tucker(1) gumbeh(1) Chapuz(1) Baritonium9(1) Skydaemon(2) Astrocyte(2) Bootsza(2) EvaRia(2) PlayerOa(2) suxerz(2) colorlessgreen(2) zse(2) DeathPanda1(2) Tea is good(2) jmizzle7(2) ilovecandy(2) Rastafla(2) XYTWO(2) ffun(2) kev(2) TStar(2) Jocko(2) willng3(2) Dragoon(2) sharkweekk(2) dracomageat(2) kirchj33(2) Camoninja(3) Avenger(3) Wolfunit(3) UTAlan(3) manstrong(3) lokiburn4(3) Jenkar(3) Donot(3) MatrimKK(3) frlaa(3) Isei(3) jmdt(3) lskpiano(3) calindu(3) petersenk(3) Time_lord_victorius(4) Noobiecakes(4) 10 men(4) Scaredgirl(4) pie(4) Xenocidius(4) omegareaper7(4) burne(4) Picheleiro(4) Korugar(4) pikachufan2164(4) SnoWeb(4) Atico(4) ggabriel2(4) Jappert(5) Falcon4415(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) Leo(5) dragonsdemesne(5) bogtro(5) Djhopper :)(6) Deamon19(6) Snopel(6) ddevans96(7) Wizardcat(7) TheForbiddenOracle(7) teffy(7) phaedrus(8) Sevs(8) Jangoo(8) TheonlyrealBeef(9) BluePriest(9) gocubbies1212(10) tyranim(10) zanzarino(11) Pineapple(13) majofa(13) YoungSot(14) Marvaddin(14) Chromatophore(15) ralouf(16) wavedash(16) Higurashi(17) Genuinous(19) Acsabi44(19) Essence(27) The_Mormegil(31) Hodari(32)

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg366698#msg366698
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2011, 08:43:46 pm »
Bah.  Just build a weighted neural net and feed it every move every player performs for a year along with the conditions each move was made under.  It'll take a long time, but when it's ready, the new AI will beat <i>everyone!</i>
There is something called genetic algorithms, and although I don't know how exactly they could be implemented, that could also be an option (correct me if I'm wrong, I know~ 0 about programming).

On an unrelated note, the "extra upgraded cards" cheat/hack might be back, either that or a league's leader gets 100% free upgrades.
I know about programming, and belive me: Making an AI is damn difficult and has to be very well thought to make pretty easy a single simple vatiarion on it, that's why there are 1001 minor bugs constantly being corrected.

That's why i know that arrainging more or less the order of the cards of a deck would be absolutely useless and not effective at all to make a normal player notice it. I mean, playing 20 times against a simple deck like Eternal Phoenix or Akebono would make you think the games are pretty similar to each other.

About genetic algorithms, what they do is "mutate" something (for example the order of the cards in the deck) to something similar, considering little variations from the mutated object. It's hard coding and it is MUCH easier to make a simple random sort of the cards in the deck.

Hope this is usefull to you, i belive AI has a normal code which is only modified when someone want to make a specific change.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline bogtro

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367474#msg367474
« Reply #577 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »
I believe that there was a glitch -- Playing a Silver match, my opponent apparently started with 50 HP, and I gained 553 electrum and something like 600 score for winning.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline bogtro

• bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bogtro is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Bring it. I'm ready.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367477#msg367477
« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:07 pm »
It just happened again -- Gained over 300 electrum for beating a Silver with 68 HP.
Years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. Now we have Obama, no hope, no cash, and no jobs.

Offline Wizardcat

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Wizardcat hides under a Cloak.
  • Psychic-Type
  • Awards: War #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Dark Ages
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367481#msg367481
« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2011, 06:45:56 pm »
Arena decks lose HP as they age and the highest ranked decks give more electrum and score than normal after a win. Neither of those are a glitch.
The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367483#msg367483
« Reply #580 on: July 17, 2011, 06:47:08 pm »
To get into the top 10, you have to have had a deck up for many days (and get lucky with getting a lot of plays), so the top decks have often lost a lot of HP.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline bogtro

• Bring it. I'm ready.
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367488#msg367488
« Reply #581 on: July 17, 2011, 07:08:00 pm »
I see, but it is a bit strange to be making over 100/game for beating a player with 1 HP (just gained 150ish for doing so).

Offline bogtro

• Bring it. I'm ready.
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367505#msg367505
« Reply #582 on: July 17, 2011, 07:36:42 pm »
Do my 5 "Starting cards" ever change? I basically got screwed over with them because I don't have the money to up cards and the starting cards are Gravity :(

I mean, I could keep farming until I have enough to build an upped deck but is there any way to change the cards?

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367506#msg367506
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2011, 07:37:40 pm »
Do my 5 "Starting cards" ever change? I basically got screwed over with them because I don't have the money to up cards and the starting cards are Gravity :(

I mean, I could keep farming until I have enough to build an upped deck but is there any way to change the cards?
It changes every day when you visit the Oracle.  Unless the Oracle gives you the same card of course.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline bogtro

• Bring it. I'm ready.
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367512#msg367512
« Reply #584 on: July 17, 2011, 07:50:53 pm »
Ah, thanks. If I get a good card (say Nymph), and I don't visit the Oracle the next day, will my starting cards change anyway?

Hodari

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367531#msg367531
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
Ah, thanks. If I get a good card (say Nymph), and I don't visit the Oracle the next day, will my starting cards change anyway?
You can keep using the same card for a few days(whether you visit the oracle or not) by just leaving the deck as it is or by using modify deck rather than build a new one.  However your deck will start losing hp every day.  For the first few days, this is barely noticeable but the amouint lost doubles each day, so by day 5-6 it starts getting to be quite a lot.  I would recommend changing your deck based on the following:
Day 1-2:  Only replace if your current card is bad and you get a better one to replace it
3-4:  This is probably about when most decks should be replaced
5-6:  Only if your deck has been doing very well and is still winning despite the hp loss or if you had gotten especially terrible cards the previous couple days
7+: Your deck was in the top 5 and you feel like being nice and leaving it up as a farm until it drops in rank :P

Of course almost any card CAN probably be used effectively if you are good enough at deckbuilding and have the right supporting cards available, so which cards you consider good or bad will largely be determined by that.  I would say though that most nymphs probably won't actually be that great a card to use(though of course getting one means you have also won that nymph so I wouldn't complain about it either ;) ).  Having one or two nymphs in a deck is probably good but with a few possible exceptions, having 5 or 10 of them won't be nearly as good due to the high cost.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367581#msg367581
« Reply #586 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
Yeah, Hodari's 'schedule' of days is about how I have been doing things.  I don't know if nymphs are more likely now, but I've gotten two since the arena went live :)  The monofire deck I built around red nymph did pretty good (like 50-20 or so) but the monoentropy one I have up right now is a flop at 4-5; I think the AI is having trouble playing entropy, since it is a more difficult element to play right than fire.  (fire = dump hand, smash stuff, entropy = actual strategy)  Maybe it's all in the pillars; in fire I had a lot more upgraded towers, but in entropy I just had a few upped pendulums from a voodoo deck.

Baritonium9

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg367750#msg367750
« Reply #587 on: July 18, 2011, 07:46:44 am »
Yeah, Hodari's 'schedule' of days is about how I have been doing things.  I don't know if nymphs are more likely now, but I've gotten two since the arena went live :)
I've also gotten 2 nymphs since arena went live.  I thought I was just lucky, but it seems to me like they have become a more common oracle card.

Do you know if your arena deck continues to lose hp each day after day 6?

blarg: