*Author

Active members:
tttt(1) (...)(1) jippy99(1) Shantu(1) YawnChainHow(1) soumya1(1) Seedlings(1) Kuroaitou(1) MeetJSquared(1) RRQJ(1) Rainbowninja(1) RavingRabbid(1) Dm1321(1) silux(1) Zblader(1) qwandri(1) EmeraldTiger(1) firecrapper(1) pervepic(1) s0n1k(1) RootRanger(1) Chemist(1) yee(1) Kael Hate(1) hb2007(1) Gyrodiot(1) Haltar Dhrim(1) nerd1(1) 1world24(1) the dictator(1) 918273645(1) TimerClock14(1) Onizuka(1) tobtob(1) DevilLoss(1) xdude(1) LongDono(1) edunavas(1) Thiefboy109(1) Anarook(1) TheManuz(1) thehairykiwi(1) Antiderivative(1) Bruce Tucker(1) gumbeh(1) Chapuz(1) Baritonium9(1) Skydaemon(2) Astrocyte(2) Bootsza(2) EvaRia(2) PlayerOa(2) suxerz(2) colorlessgreen(2) zse(2) DeathPanda1(2) Tea is good(2) jmizzle7(2) ilovecandy(2) Rastafla(2) XYTWO(2) ffun(2) kev(2) TStar(2) Jocko(2) willng3(2) Dragoon(2) sharkweekk(2) dracomageat(2) kirchj33(2) Camoninja(3) Avenger(3) Wolfunit(3) UTAlan(3) manstrong(3) lokiburn4(3) Jenkar(3) Donot(3) MatrimKK(3) frlaa(3) Isei(3) jmdt(3) lskpiano(3) calindu(3) petersenk(3) Time_lord_victorius(4) Noobiecakes(4) 10 men(4) Scaredgirl(4) pie(4) Xenocidius(4) omegareaper7(4) burne(4) Picheleiro(4) Korugar(4) pikachufan2164(4) SnoWeb(4) Atico(4) ggabriel2(4) Jappert(5) Falcon4415(5) DrunkDestroyer(5) Leo(5) dragonsdemesne(5) bogtro(5) Djhopper :)(6) Deamon19(6) Snopel(6) ddevans96(7) Wizardcat(7) TheForbiddenOracle(7) teffy(7) phaedrus(8) Sevs(8) Jangoo(8) TheonlyrealBeef(9) BluePriest(9) gocubbies1212(10) tyranim(10) zanzarino(11) Pineapple(13) majofa(13) YoungSot(14) Marvaddin(14) Chromatophore(15) ralouf(16) wavedash(16) Higurashi(17) Genuinous(19) Acsabi44(19) Essence(27) The_Mormegil(31) Hodari(32)

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358894#msg358894
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2011, 09:21:47 pm »
It's depressing because it means that if you don't get straight wins right off the bat, you're always better off switching decks ASAP, even if you just drew a Nova (lots of powerful options) and then you spin something lame like a Ulitharid (not so much).  A few unlucky games up front totally kills the profit potential of your deck.

It definitely needs to be randomized rather than weighted.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

ggabriel2

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358906#msg358906
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:06 pm »
One of the major goals of the arena system is to cut back on the farm potential of T50. Hence a deck that can't win gets played less and less.

One possible tweak to the system would be to measure degrees of success, so that a deck that dies one turn before it manages to win would not be penalized as heavy as a farm deck that goes out without dealing a single point of damage.

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358909#msg358909
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2011, 09:42:46 pm »
In my opinion, this arena can be great, but has many problems that should be dealt with.  My deck has been submitted for 24 hours and has not been in a duel 1 time, whereas other people's decks have dueled multiple times in 10 minutes!  there should be a more even way of deciding opponents rather than just a randomizer or whatever is being used now so that the same deck won't come up more than once unless all other decks have already dueled once.
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

wavedash

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358911#msg358911
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:09 pm »
I feel like I should point out that one of the major problems in equality among Platinum decks is that not that many people are playing against them, so there's bound to be disparity between decks.

Offline Marvaddin

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358915#msg358915
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2011, 09:58:38 pm »
I also would like being able to check the full league ranking, even if it reset just once a day.

About the decks that dont get enough games (my Hope deck from yesterday got 12 games during all day), I really suspect they dont get victories if people skip playing them. If its true, this is like a curse. Your deck is not played, unless by people that think have conditions to beat it (and in fact some do). Your deck doesnt rise in the league ranking. The hard decks in top positions will be there for a lot of time (until, in fact the HP loss have some strong effect in win rate), because their reward is big, so people will play (and lose). If giving the win to the deck when people skip will create a deck "reputation" that makes more people skip, lol, I think its a minor problem. In fact, could even not chance the win stat (or add another stat, like "fold" or something), but it should at least receive score and money for the skips. The way it is, you have 3 wins in gold league, need 1 more to rare spin. You get a opponent with Steal as base card and triple Aether mark. Will you play, if you dont have Sanctuaries in your deck? You get a strong card from Oracle, people will avoid your deck.

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358924#msg358924
« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:11 pm »
One of the major goals of the arena system is to cut back on the farm potential of T50. Hence a deck that can't win gets played less and less.

One possible tweak to the system would be to measure degrees of success, so that a deck that dies one turn before it manages to win would not be penalized as heavy as a farm deck that goes out without dealing a single point of damage.
I think that goal will be accomplished even if opponents are randomized. One, there is incentive to put up a nonfarm in arena since you get income from it unlike how it is/was in t50.  And two, when 1.28 goes live, there will be many more arena decks so farms will drop out of the top 500 rather quickly.

sharkweekk

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358927#msg358927
« Reply #450 on: June 30, 2011, 10:28:23 pm »
I'm loving the new arena, I found a potential problem though. When the game shows you your opponent, you can back out before the game starts and still keep your killstreak alive. For example, I have two rings filled for platinum and I see that my next opponent is the #1 ranked deck, so I back out, click platinum again and get a deck with equal wins and losses. I beat that deck and get my fancy extra spin. It seems like a big incentive to hunt for weaker decks and avoid strong ones when the penalty is only 15e per skip and the reward is an upped rare. 

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358928#msg358928
« Reply #451 on: June 30, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »
I'm loving the new arena, I found a potential problem though. When the game shows you your opponent, you can back out before the game starts and still keep your killstreak alive. For example, I have two rings filled for platinum and I see that my next opponent is the #1 ranked deck, so I back out, click platinum again and get a deck with equal wins and losses. I beat that deck and get my fancy extra spin. It seems like a big incentive to hunt for weaker decks and avoid strong ones when the penalty is only 15e per skip and the reward is an upped rare.
That's likely a bug and should be fixed; autoquits should break winning streaks and result in a win for the Arena deck.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Snopel

Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358936#msg358936
« Reply #452 on: June 30, 2011, 10:42:37 pm »
My friend was playing in the arena and minutes after he submitted a deck, his eternity disappeared and he lost 1000 elecrtrum.
Any explanation for this?
 :o

SUCH IS LIFE IN THE ARENA
IT'S ALL OR NOTHING
Crap. I put my six titans in my deck... =\
And I don't know how to take my deck out of the arena!!

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358939#msg358939
« Reply #453 on: June 30, 2011, 10:48:51 pm »
My friend was playing in the arena and minutes after he submitted a deck, his eternity disappeared and he lost 1000 elecrtrum.

IT'S ALL OR NOTHING
You can't take away your spot, but to change your t500 deck go to arena and at the bottom left it says "Modify deck"

Offline Marvaddin

• Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Marvaddin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • War to the Fake Gods!
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg358942#msg358942
« Reply #454 on: June 30, 2011, 10:55:55 pm »

IT'S ALL OR NOTHING
You should still be able to use your cards that are in arena deck normally. And you dont need take the deck out. In some days, its HP will drop, and it will be eliminated.

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: A few details about T500 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27523.msg359015#msg359015
« Reply #455 on: July 01, 2011, 02:38:19 am »
I still say we should have a sideboard and be able to get triple the rewards if we win 2/3 times vs. a platinum deck.

blarg: