1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 16, 2019, 07:47:47 pm

*Author

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283651#msg1283651
« on: December 30, 2018, 08:34:06 pm »
Canada

Please ask your questions below and any Canadians may answer if they please

If you would like to ask a question anonymously you may pm me
If you would like to answer a question anonymously you may pm me

*Any racial, defamation, or demeaning questions will be reported to admins and may consequence in a ban*

Some articles on things happening in Canada

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 08:37:35 pm by MasterWalks »
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

• Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283686#msg1283686
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 08:34:42 pm »
3 questions;

1) I live in Northern America. It gets cold here. -10 Fahrenheit i think is our lowest we have had in the past 5 years. Whats the lowest its been for you guys that you can personally remember?

2) Is it true that malt vinegar is a tabletop condiment for you guys?

3) Marijuana is also legally recreational where i live and it is HUGELY popular. How much does an ounce cost up there? For decent stuff, its about ~200- 250 but can go as high as 350 here.

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283687#msg1283687
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 09:11:47 pm »
Since you guys get a fair amount of snow, do anyone of you ski? If yes, how does it feel to always regret not having been a snowboarder?

How much maple syrup do you consume?
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283699#msg1283699
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 01:13:49 am »
Why are you so nice?

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283704#msg1283704
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:02:57 am »
I'm a Canadian so I'll do the honours :)

1) Well, in rest-of-the-world temperatures -10 Fahrenheit is -23 Celsius, which being from Edmonton, Alberta, that's cold, but it's nowhere near the coldest I've ever seen.  Most winters the coldest points will be somewhere in the -30s, and I think about the worst I've seen is around -40, which due to math reasons, -40 F = -40 C.

2) I don't know what malt vinegar is.

3) I'm not sure, since I don't smoke, and frankly, I'm super pissed off that it's legal here now, for various reasons.  I do know that it varies HUGELY from province to province, since each province was given the right to decide how it should be sold.  From what I understand it's roughly about the same price in my city as it was when it was still illegal, but how much that is per ounce I don't know.  If you're talking $250-350 I'm pretty sure it's WAY cheaper here, but we price it per gram, since, you know, we aren't from the USA, Myanmar, or Liberia (the three countries not yet on the metric system).

Being a curious sort, I decided to work it out :p There's about 28 grams to 1 ounce and the prices in the picture linked below are in Canadian dollars.  Based on that, though, it looks like about $150-300 Canadian dollars per ounce, depending on location.  If you're talking US dollars, then it looks like it's pretty similar; add roughly 30-odd percent to that to convert to USD.  (34% today anyway)  That would be around $200-400 USD an ounce then.

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/raw_348z_cannabis-cost1.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=1024&strip=all

I haven't skied since I was about 13, but there are at least 2 ski hills here in town, and lots in the Rocky Mountains a few hours west of where I live, though I've never skied there.  I've never snowboarded, and while it was hugely popular around the time I was a teenager, from the people I've talked to, snowboarding has been losing popularity around here for awhile, though I can't speak to the rest of the country.

Personally?  None; I don't like maple syrup.  My preference is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup; we always buy 'Rogers Syrup' that's mentioned in that article; it's great.  As a country... tons, especially out east where it's produced.  For a funny story about maple syrup I'll give you this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Canadian_Maple_Syrup_Heist

I don't know about 'nice'... I guess it depends what you compare it to.  I generally think of it as simply 'not being an asshole' :p

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283705#msg1283705
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 12:38:15 pm »
For context: I'm in Southern Ontario, where a third of canadians live http://us-canad.com/images/163pop.jpg?crc=327628944 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Ontario

1 it's currently above zero, a few years ago I biked to work throughout the winter besides one day when there was a blizzard, turns out that was one of our colder winters in the past decade: Ctrl+F 'Max, Min and Average Temperature' (gosh I miss when people used ids in their dom which allowed for anchors..)

2 haven't really used malt vinegar unless it's on salad. Really like salt & vinegar chips tho. Also would do shots of white, red wine, & apple cider vinegar in college. Also anything good is better pickled

3 legal pot is more expensive & is being run terribly, Ontario happened to elect a right wing government shortly before hand so they've done their best to complicate matters. Government will have to get its act together to compete with the preexisting infrastructure. People talk about it more openly now tho, but for the most part nothing really changed, anyone who wanted marijuana could get it before, we're talking about a drug that was being distributed enough for high school students to be getting high every day between class. Also if you get to know your dealer they'll probably cut you some slack on price, so price depends on whether you're nice or not

I suppose I'll segue that to canadians being nice. Yeah, people say sorry all the time, it pisses me off, but I'm not particularly nice given people always think I'm shockcannon or Manuel while a guest in chat. I have watched people literally go back & forth saying sorry for saying sorry etc. I'll cut someone off & they'll apologize to me. We still have plenty of road rage & gossip. Maybe I'm an outlier being an ass & being surrounded by people who don't call me out has left me unlearned on filtering myself. Like I told my friend one time he should apologize to a client for being an idiot, & he stated he was sorry twice in the email, taking me seriously

Never skied, never snowboarded. Class trip went tubing once, went down the hill one time, then spent the rest of the time in a café chatting with one of the parent supervisors about random stuff

Maple syrup is great, but expensive if you don't settle for the artificial substitutes. It goes well on toast, pancakes, waffles, crepes, fries, eggs, oatmeal, etc
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 12:50:02 pm by serprex »

Offline CleanOnion

• Reputation Power: 33
  • CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CleanOnion is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • once you go spreadsheet, you never go breadsheet
  • Awards: Writing Competition - Yellow JournalismWriting Competition - FractaloreTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeArt Competition - Raise the BannersWriting Competition - The Seven Wonders3rd Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - Silver
Re: Interview with people who use vinegar! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283715#msg1283715
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
Malt vinegar is a tabletop condiment here in the UK. But it's only used for chips really

Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283991#msg1283991
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 07:48:12 pm »
Poll for next country has been added

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1283999#msg1283999
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 10:39:47 pm »
When I'll have some free time I'll necro this topic and the Hungarian one.

ps: Forza Italia! :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:44:51 pm by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Canadians! 12/30/2018 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66618.msg1284025#msg1284025
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 07:08:39 pm »
3 questions;

1) I live in Northern America. It gets cold here. -10 Fahrenheit i think is our lowest we have had in the past 5 years. Whats the lowest its been for you guys that you can personally remember?

2) Is it true that malt vinegar is a tabletop condiment for you guys?

3) Marijuana is also legally recreational where i live and it is HUGELY popular. How much does an ounce cost up there? For decent stuff, its about ~200- 250 but can go as high as 350 here.

1-for southern Canada, I can say it's been about -43 at worst. Stay warm fellas!
2-methinks it depends on the country. I don't even eat vinegar so iunno.
3-Depends on your dealer, but you should ask Google :,p

Why are you so nice?
Cus

Since you guys get a fair amount of snow, do anyone of you ski? If yes, how does it feel to always regret not having been a snowboarder?

How much maple syrup do you consume?

1-how does it feel walking home in a blizzard at 6am? Do the math friendo~
2-depends on the person really. I personally consume about 3.4 litres a week
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

blarg: