2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: February 07, 2019, 07:15:08 pm

*Author

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284792#msg1284792
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 07:06:47 pm »
Ah, that makes sense. So "USAn" really isn't a term that anyone uses. (Admittedly, I made it up on the fly. ^^")

I have other questions too:
  • What do you do in your free time if you cannot stay at home? Especially in city areas.
  • I heard that everyone has a gun in the US. How true is that? How easy is it to get a gun? Is there an age under which guns cannot be gotten?
  • When you want to get off an american bus, how do you signal it to the driver?

Ill answer the first 2 since they vary. The last one has been answered pretty completely.

What do you do in your free time if you cannot stay at home? Especially in city areas... I live in a small city/large town. If I cannot be at home, there are about a million bars and college parties in my town at night. Wine tasting and spirit tasting in the day time. In a city, the market and downtown areas are usually where the fun is.

I heard that everyone has a gun in the US. How true is that? How easy is it to get a gun? Is there an age under which guns cannot be gotten?..... I was kicked out of my parents at 18 y/o. I could only afford a really ghetto apartment in a bad side of town. The first thing i did was buy a shotgun for home defense. $200 and about 30 min later i had legally purchased a shotgun at 18 (Washington State). It was not hard at all, the hardest part was finding one in my price range. Is there an age limit when buying a gun? Yes. 18 to buy shotguns and rifles. 21 to buy pistols and handguns. You cannot own a fully automatic weapon nor can you own explosive weapons.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284794#msg1284794
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:20 pm »
I prefer the mm/dd/yyyy format quite a bit, even after using several others. It's the most intuitive to me. This country probably should've switched to metric just for the sake of easier communication, but I honestly don't mind imperial. I know both pretty decently now.

A lot of people in rural or countryside areas own guns to hunt, either for sport or to eat. Outside of actual gun violence, this is really the main reason why guns are used by so many average citizens. A lot of people own guns for self defense but very rarely do they ever have to touch their gun. I honestly wouldn't care whether we had stricter gun laws or looser gun laws. People just need to be better educated about guns. There's basically 0 gun education unless you seek it out yourself. I also think parenting on average is quite bad in the USA. In my opinion, this would be the one of the main, if not the main, reasons why there are so many shooting incidents.

Movies is always a good go-to for hanging out. Hiking is always an option as well since I live close to a mountain range. I spend a lot of time at friends' houses playing games and talking as well. There's also sports. I used to spend a lot of time tossing a football with friends in my spare time or playing pick up football (American football, although I also like soccer/futbol). Currently though, I play a lot of dodgeball for a university.

Interestingly, I once watched a video where non-Americans thought that Americans consume a lot of ranch. I thought that was interesting because I never thought about it, but I suppose other countries don't eat ranch? I don't think I eat ranch that much but I do eat it with chicken wings, chicken sandwiches, and on salads. It's also decent with fried pickles or fries, although I think there are better options for fries.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284796#msg1284796
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 08:05:43 pm »
Putting personal bias aside (which is probably difficult due to having used it your entire lives), but do you think that Imperial is truly better than Metric? Also same question to MM/DD/YY vs DD/MM/YY

Metric is better than Imperial. I have no idea why the Gov isn't implementing is. As for MM/DD/YY, I don't really mind it. Seems the most conventional.

I have other questions too:
  • What do you do in your free time if you cannot stay at home? Especially in city areas.
  • I heard that everyone has a gun in the US. How true is that? How easy is it to get a gun? Is there an age under which guns cannot be gotten?
  • When you want to get off an american bus, how do you signal it to the driver?

I happen to live in a suburban area. In cases where I can't really stay at home, I'm usually hanging out with other people (probably playing video games), mostly living in similar areas. On occasion, I go out to some sort of restaurant to eat.
I don't have a gun, mainly because I don't have any real need to. The place I live has one of the least crime rates in the Bay Area.
I don't usually take the bus, but I usually get off when the bus reaches the stop nearest to me.
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284805#msg1284805
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 10:37:59 pm »

So I think the first way being simpler/quicker then led to it being converted to numbers in the same order for clarity?  It sort of makes sense.  I still think YYYYMMDD is the best when writing/dating things in any digital context (which is increasingly most things).

Absolutely agree. In Hungary we use this method, this is the best. Going from the bigger sets to the smaller sets. (Although we are forced to use DDMMYYYY - due to being a member of EU - on food items. Bleh.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:42:19 pm by Wyand »
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284807#msg1284807
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 10:47:58 pm »
price range. Is there an age limit when buying a gun? Yes. 18 to buy shotguns and rifles. 21 to buy pistols and handguns. You cannot own a fully automatic weapon nor can you own explosive weapons.

What the...? Could someone explain this? What is the logic? "Hey, you are 18, here is a shotgun, pls blast 8-inch holes into anything which attacks you."
Maybe shotguns are less precise, but more devastating in close range. Guess they think like these are hunting weapons, but pistols are for self-defense.
I'm pretty sure you can cause more damage with a shotgun, so this is kinda strange for me.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284808#msg1284808
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:33 pm »
price range. Is there an age limit when buying a gun? Yes. 18 to buy shotguns and rifles. 21 to buy pistols and handguns. You cannot own a fully automatic weapon nor can you own explosive weapons.

What the...? Could someone explain this? What is the logic? "Hey, you are 18, here is a shotgun, pls blast 8-inch holes into anything which attacks you."
Maybe shotguns are less precise, but more devastating in close range. Guess they think like these are hunting weapons, but pistols are for self-defense.
I'm pretty sure you can cause more damage with a shotgun, so this is kinda strange for me.

yes. Its hard to conceal a rifle. Its easy to conceal a handgun.

pls blast 8-inch holes into anything which attacks you.

To blast a hole that large you would need slugs. Slugs are very expensive and hard to get. What i buy is bird shot. Bird shot is *fairly* not too lethal at medium range which is perfect for home defense. plus, its like $12 for 24. For slugs your looking at about $40 for 6 and there is a limit on how many you can buy.

Pistols are not great for home defense. They are easy to disarm from somebody and it requires you to aim, unlike shotguns, which you just kinda point in the general direction of the intruder. Pistols are good for fun shooting and if you have a conceal carry or open carry license.
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Mobian

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Mobian is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284813#msg1284813
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:30 am »
Why Russians are always the bad guys for you? :P

Cause we already beat the Germans, and the uneducated.... which is sadly MOST of the country.... see Russia as some scary big bad cause they have scary accents. Hollywood doesn't help matters either.

As far as all the gun questions go, well, that gets messy. We don't have any universal laws (unless you consider the Second Amendment, which negates ALL gun laws), and it's more or less up to the individual states to determine "legality" (again, Second Amendment). The laws are typically more restrictive in the more liberal-leaning states, and less restrictive to non-existant in the more conservative leaning countries.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284816#msg1284816
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 01:38:39 am »
Why Russians are always the bad guys for you? :P

A lot of it goes back to the Cold War and the events surrounding it (Space Race, Miracle on Ice, etc) - many people who were alive then are still wary of Russia (and I'm sure the reverse is true). The fact that both are world powers with often contrasting world views and strong and/or argumentative leaders feeds into this, especially for adults who put emphasis on politics.

Most educated teenagers and young adults have no negative opinions about Russia.

Putting personal bias aside (which is probably difficult due to having used it your entire lives), but do you think that Imperial is truly better than Metric? Also same question to MM/DD/YY vs DD/MM/YY

Metric: The metric system is indisputably better in most cases. Despite common belief, Americans are taught the metric system from a young age, tend to use it even more as they progress through schooling and careers, and as a result, most young adults actually know the metric system better.

Dates: As far as I'm concerned, both of those systems are awful. The best way is using an abbreviation for the month to remove ambiguity - 24 Jan 2019, Jan 24 2019, 2019 Jan 24, whatever. But if only numbers are being used, then it really doesn't matter as long as it's clearly stated what format is being used in an obvious place.

Free time: Most American cities have vibrant nightlife, generally things like nightclubs, downtown districts, outdoor malls, even bowling alleys. If nothing else, there's generally a variety of bars available in most places.

Guns: Many people own guns, more so in rural areas, but not all. You can buy them at specialized sporting goods stores, and in some areas you may be able to purchase some guns at a local supermarket (but still from a licensed dealer). They aren't particularly cheap, and you'll generally need an ID confirming your identity and that you meet the age requirements for the type of gun in question, and a clean record of both criminal history and mental health. Rural areas or areas where hunting is prominent often relax some restrictions. In some areas, obtaining guns illegally is not difficult.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284818#msg1284818
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 08:02:00 am »
Why do so many Americans feel the need to not only own guns, but to have them on their person at all times?

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284826#msg1284826
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 09:23:10 am »
Why do so many Americans feel the need to not only own guns, but to have them on their person at all times?

About 30-35% of Americans own guns (generally for hunting, home defense, and sport shooting), and about 1% of all Americans carry a handgun in public daily. Most of them claim to do so for protection.

In its youth, many parts of the United States saw guns as normal, and some places embraced them as cultural symbols - primarily because of the Revolution, the resulting Constitution having the right to keep and bear arms as its Second Amendment, and then a century later, events like the Civil War and the expansion of the American Frontier (the Wild West). These mentalities were passed on through generations.

As domestic violence has greatly rise in recent years, there is now a very heated debate on gun control that has become a central political issue. Young adults are generally less predisposed to own guns and have less opposition to stricter gun control than their parents' generation.

In Colorado, my home state, the debate is particularly notable for two reasons -

1) we are split fairly even politically, to the point of being a swing state in elections - gun rights is an extremely partisan and corruptible issue
2) we have had two major mass shootings - Columbine in 1999 and Aurora in 2012
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284841#msg1284841
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 11:09:47 pm »
Interesting thread. I probably think of more questions later.

1: Do Amercans in general believe that USA is the best country in the world and that everyone else secretly wants to move there?
2: So what do you think about the gun laws, are they reasonable? If not what changes would you do?
3: What is your take on Communism? In my experience people in USA hasn't read up what communism actually is. I've seen people being interviewed call Obama a communist as an example.
4: Whats do you think about the climate change and your part in it? United states has a really high carbon dioxide usage per person.
5: Do you think USA is ready for a president who is an atheist officially? what is the fear with that? I can't think of any European country where a religious belief is mandatory for president hood.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:13:32 pm by Blacksmith »
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Interview with Americans! 1/23/19 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66769.msg1284842#msg1284842
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:36 pm »
Interesting thread. I probably think of more questions later.

1: Do Americans in general believe that USA is the best country in the world and that everyone else secretly wants to move there?
2: So what do you think about the gun laws, are they reasonable? If not what changes would you do?
3: What is your take on Communism? In my experience people in USA don't understand what it actually is. I've seen people being interviewed call Obama a communist as an example.
4: Whats do you think about the climate change and your part in it? United states has a really high carbon dioxide usage per person.
5: Do you think USA is ready for a president who is an atheist officially? what is the fear with that? I can't think of any European country where a religious belief is mandatory for president hood.

1. Not really. Some are hardcore weebs/Koreaboos that think Japan/South Korea are the best country and want to move there. (I'm technically an otaku, but weeaboo/weeb is easier to say so I call myself that.)
2. Not really much of a politics guy. I think the gun laws are alright as of right now.
3. It's an economic idea that's great in theory but awful in practice. My take on it is that you need to be able to sustain a country with some sort of flow of currency in order to work, which is why most countries have some elements of capitalism in their economies.
4. I understand that the climate change could eventually affect more parts of the U.S., including where I live, and I realize that I should do whatever I can to prevent it. But as of right now, I don't really care too much.
5. I'm personally fine with an atheist president, but I'm not sure how other people would see it. I think the main fear there is that he'll take his beliefs too far?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:23:11 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

blarg: