*Author

Active members:
Essence(1)

Offline EssenceTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Diet and Life https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1015.msg9348#msg9348
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:15 pm »

Its also why if I were to eat a diet consiting of 70% fat, I would die, whereas someone from an eskimo tribe would die without such a diet because thats how they live.
Actually, Vilhjalmur Stefansson was a (non-Inuit) Canadian who moved in with the eskimos, adopted their diet, and found that he survived just fine for years on their 70%-fat diet.  Similarly, Weston A. Price studied the effects of a high-fat, whole-food diet on a variety of people from all parts of the world, and determined that the health benefits of such a diet were universal in nature.  As final proof, my wife has actually lived with the Masai tribe of African plainsmen for two weeks, living nearly entirely on cow: steak, milk, and a drink made of cow blood, with maybe a few grams of gathered veggies and berries each day.  I assure you, she's whiter and fatter than you are, but she came back feeling quite great. 

People have a lot of mistaken ideas about how their bodies handle food.  They should read this. (http://www.scribd.com/doc/11329045/Understanding-Food)  (Written by yours truly. It's work-safe, but the links in the document are broken.)

[EDIT: Bah, wrong forum...mods, could you please put this where it belongs?  Thank you!]
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

anything
blarg: