7 (1.8%)
Shard of Sacrifice
60 (15.5%)
None of them
11 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 175

*Author

Active members:
casthegamer(1) diviad(1) CelestrialDreamer(1) doomeister(1) blu(1) killfer8(1) icybraker(1) ScytherLoL(1) coinich(1) Tea is good(1) bigbadbanana(1) psychoden(1) teffy(1) tyranim(1) Kyarss(1) acelink(1) Robsta43(1) drklameth(1) (...)(1) Wisemage(1) sinez(1) Salmon(1) Rastafla(1) JETZAL(1) Boingo(1) stage(1) darkhellion(1) xXaliceXx9994(1) JennyP81(1) Medivh(1) killsdazombies(1) dracomageat(1) hello5666(1) Cancerplus(1) b00mc1ap(1) Jelden(1) Selenbrant(1) wizelsnarf(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) godofdeath500(1) Arondight(1) Vorian(1) edunavas(1) GG(1) KorabanVII(1) Puycheval(1) Avenger(1) baa410(1) Seravy(1) BatCountry(1) live-on.no-evil(1) ddevans96(1) achangeofpace(1) pikachufan2164(1) Metoropolice(1) Siweisun(1) Bhlewos(1) dcshuzon(1) willng3(1) sane1271(1) TheForbiddenOracle(1) ryalia888(1) adrix89(1) Metahater(1) rgurgelles1(1) I8SumOrangesNItWasK(1) RagidyRock(1) Firenotes(1) AchDeToni(1) nitsudge(1) ch987(1) Djhopper :)(1) Falconian(1) Silenia(1) OdinVanguard(1) mrgoodbar64(1) MV296(1) Winter Is Coming(1) Braingoo(1) hendrydext(1) Powerfrog(1) Malebolgia(1) Quaz(1) Incoming(1) The Chosen One(1) eaglgenes101(1) Drake_XIV(1) Naesala(1) Cunning_Wish(1) Gemini(1) Wizy(1) summerz88(1) iancudorinmarian(1) Ilias22(1) Evan_85(1) tekpau(1) Scaredgirl(2) xdude(2) Kamietsu(2) Kuroaitou(2) zzz123(2) IStoneI(2) Retribution(2) iRwar(2) Marvaddin(2) ItzSean(2) Malduk(2) Mastermind79(2) WhiteTigerShiro(2) joaopcl(2) Zblader(2) RootRanger(2) silux(2) dragonsdemesne(2) whatifidogetcaught?(2) Atico(2) Pwnator(2) mrtwigie01(2) Kael Hate(3) Kurohami(3) dragonhuman(3) Antagon(3) PuppyChow(3) ralouf(3) Glitch(4) ratcharmer(4) omegareaper7(4) Poker Alho(4) furballdn(5) johannhowitzer(6) Absol(8) Xinef(9) glennfoo(9) ARTHANASIOS(10) kimham8a(12) Jenkar(13) plastiqe(15)

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg477255#msg477255
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »
 Dear Jenkai, now I see what you mean with combo and yes, you're right, Hope decks are combo decks for sure. About the rest of your posts, I have to say your arguments are also in great detail and I am starting to feel convienced by your opinion. Maybe, just maybe, Hope is not OP at all...
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg477269#msg477269
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »
Dear Jenkai, now I see what you mean with combo and yes, you're right, Hope decks are combo decks for sure. About the rest of your posts, I have to say your arguments are also in great detail and I am starting to feel convienced by your opinion. Maybe, just maybe, Hope is not OP at all...
My 2 cents :
Titanium Shield is 4 :earth and 1 Card for 2 defense.
Reflective Shield is 1 :light and 1 Card for 0 defense and Immaterial.
Hope + 2 RoL is 7 :light and 3 Cards for 2 defense and Immaterial.

On average a "Reflective Titanium Shield" would be 2 quanta 2 cards cheaper.

Diamond Shield is 6 :earth and 1 Card for 3 defense.
Mirror Shield is 2 :light and 1 Card for 1 defense and Immaterial.
Hope (Upped) + 2 RoL is 8 :light and 3 cards for 3 defense and Immaterial.

On average a "Mirror Diamond Shield" would be 2 cards cheaper and provide 1 more defense.

Hope does have potential to getting more creatures to surpass the defense of Titanium | Diamond but will require the deck to be dedicated to effectively getting it into play (aka a combo deck as Jenkar mentioned below) and under most situations does not become extremely powerful until late midgame when you Fractal RoL (which is usually the best case scenario for getting this card out). When compared to other shields there are better alternatives for a more immediate defense. Light emitting creatures also have an eventual limit to their usefulness - the most likely cards you will use with it are Miracle (which drains all :light ) and Fractal Dragons/Archangel (which is a useful synergy but only becomes viable lategame, which indirectly synergizes with Hope's need for :light generating creatures.) Other strategies (Luciferin + Vanilla Creatures or Firefly/Pegasus) are potentially viable but usually less effective compared to decks like Fire Stall, Grabbow, or Ghostmare.

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg477349#msg477349
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2012, 11:43:21 pm »
My 2 cents :
Titanium Shield is 4 :earth and 1 Card for 2 defense.
Reflective Shield is 1 :light and 1 Card for 0 defense and Immaterial.
Hope + 2 RoL is 7 :light and 3 Cards for 2 defense and Immaterial.

On average a "Reflective Titanium Shield" would be 2 quanta 2 cards cheaper.

Diamond Shield is 6 :earth and 1 Card for 3 defense.
Mirror Shield is 2 :light and 1 Card for 1 defense and Immaterial.
Hope (Upped) + 2 RoL is 8 :light and 3 cards for 3 defense and Immaterial.

On average a "Mirror Diamond Shield" would be 2 cards cheaper and provide 1 more defense.

Hope does have potential to getting more creatures to surpass the defense of Titanium | Diamond but will require the deck to be dedicated to effectively getting it into play (aka a combo deck as Jenkar mentioned below) and under most situations does not become extremely powerful until late midgame when you Fractal RoL (which is usually the best case scenario for getting this card out). When compared to other shields there are better alternatives for a more immediate defense. Light emitting creatures also have an eventual limit to their usefulness - the most likely cards you will use with it are Miracle (which drains all :light ) and Fractal Dragons/Archangel (which is a useful synergy but only becomes viable lategame, which indirectly synergizes with Hope's need for :light generating creatures.) Other strategies (Luciferin + Vanilla Creatures or Firefly/Pegasus) are potentially viable but usually less effective compared to decks like Fire Stall, Grabbow, or Ghostmare.
 I may starting to believe that Hope is not overpowered, however I am definitely not going to accept that Hope is more "expensive" than Titanium. Hope is late game, yes, but its 7-8  :light can be generated by the very same white creatures which buff it. Paying any other shield has not to do with any synergy, you have to pay all your quantum by yourself. There are other creatures which generate mana and can be used to pay other shields (Gnome Riders paying for a Titanium shield for example) but they are not part of the shield's synergy (they don't provide a damage absorption bonus). What I am trying to say is that Hope is cheaper than it looks to be, presonaly I think its general "real cost" is about 4 quantum) but I don't think it is overpowered anymore.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster

Offline Jenkar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Jenkar is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Heart's made of shadows
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeChampionship League 2/2013 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of AirWinner of Revive the Archive 2!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeBeginners League 1/2012 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AirAvatar of Patience - Winner of the 7 Heavenly Virtues Deck CompetitionBeginners League 3/2011 3rd PlaceC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg477395#msg477395
« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2012, 02:24:53 am »
Not really. There are two ways of considering quantum cost.
A) outside of every deck. There, titanium/diamond costs less (its the cost written on a card).
B) inside a deck. Now, you *have* to put light emitting creatures. The fact is, drawing those to pay is not guaranteed. Also, in my earth deck, i could use that space in my deck for say gemfinders, or even pillars. The fact that they don't synergize with the shield is meaningless, they're here, i can play them.

basicly, you considered A) for one and B) for hope. Which is silly, cuz you're not comparing on the same ground.
The madness is in each of us. Close your eyes, sing, and open your webbed wings to the silent winds.
Beautiful art : http://i.imgur.com/eUhyYCC.png

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • Cockatrices ftw!
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg477518#msg477518
« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2012, 07:38:16 am »
Not really. There are two ways of considering quantum cost.
A) outside of every deck. There, titanium/diamond costs less (its the cost written on a card).
B) inside a deck. Now, you *have* to put light emitting creatures. The fact is, drawing those to pay is not guaranteed. Also, in my earth deck, i could use that space in my deck for say gemfinders, or even pillars. The fact that they don't synergize with the shield is meaningless, they're here, i can play them.

basicly, you considered A) for one and B) for hope. Which is silly, cuz you're not comparing on the same ground.
 Yes, I think I see now...  8)

Offline plastiqeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • plastiqe hides under a Cloak.
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg480639#msg480639
« Reply #233 on: April 14, 2012, 12:48:27 am »
1.29 results from the old forums are up.  A new poll will be added when 1.30 is out.

I posted a report asking for a poll before I figured out how to do that myself, d'oh.

Feel free to suggest cards you think should be added for the next poll.  I've already got lots of spots reserved for Shards.

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg480702#msg480702
« Reply #234 on: April 14, 2012, 02:06:54 am »
*Cough*
SoF (When 1.3 comes out)
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.29 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg480707#msg480707
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2012, 02:14:14 am »
*Cough*
SoF (When 1.3 comes out)
Prove it. It's gotten a cost increase so it isn't as powerful. It'll change the metagame but isn't OP.

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg481073#msg481073
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2012, 07:17:07 pm »
BlackHole... Especially when SoF generates BH. Omg, it is pretty annoying card now... A lot of games lose in a row against BH and I didn't play rainbow. In few weeks it will be dramatic when SoF will be popular.
I never seen the most OP in this game like BH now. Nerfing Nova without nerf BH was a mistake.

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg481092#msg481092
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2012, 08:17:18 pm »
BlackHole... Especially when SoF generates BH. Omg, it is pretty annoying card now... A lot of games lose in a row against BH and I didn't play rainbow. In few weeks it will be dramatic when SoF will be popular.
I never seen the most OP in this game like BH now. Nerfing Nova without nerf BH was a mistake.
Except blackhole has never been a huge problem. If it is because of the shard, then nerf the shard, not blackhole.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Atico

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Atico is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg481118#msg481118
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52:45 pm »
Earlier when I could use 2-3 Nova in a row I had a chance to play against BH and putting few creatures or maybe Sanctuary. Now Your chance to do it = 0. You use 1 Nova per turn, opponent can use BH. It is stupid. I like Nova nerf, because it was neccesary. But we mustn't create situation, when You have rainbow and playing against BH = quit. It isn't balanced.

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: [POLL] Which Cards are Overpowered? 1.30 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4031.msg481147#msg481147
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2012, 10:10:11 pm »
Earlier when I could use 2-3 Nova in a row I had a chance to play against BH and putting few creatures or maybe Sanctuary. Now Your chance to do it = 0. You use 1 Nova per turn, opponent can use BH. It is stupid. I like Nova nerf, because it was neccesary. But we mustn't create situation, when You have rainbow and playing against BH = quit. It isn't balanced.

playing one nova at a time is actually a strategy to counter black hole, you just need to have a little patiente

anything
blarg: