Poll

How should Rage be nerfed?

It is perfect, no need to change anything.
30 (50%)
I think it should lose lethality and attack gain function is slightly changed (as suggested).
14 (23.3%)
Rage Potion and/or Rage Elixir should cost more.
10 (16.7%)
Other (please post a clear idea).
5 (8.3%)
If creature were to be killed, it lives with 0 HP until it attacks.
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

*Author

Offline Captain ScibraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
[Official] Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg485941#msg485941
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:10:03 pm »

Okay, I think this is deserved for a number of reasons.  It is powerful, versatile and decently cheap.  I feel this is a lot for a card.  Also this is often the most frustrating card in the dreaded Firestall, of which I feel will weaken a bit if this nerf is passed.  Here is what I propose:

It basically loses lethality, but it makes the creature as fragile, yet powerful, as you would see a typical Fire creature.  It still has potential in Firestall, as it can be synergized with Fire Shield | Fire Buckler for the final blow, but it requires an attack to work, making it a little risky.

Just in case wording is a little confusing, some examples:

Sapphire Charger (4|5) with normal effects of Rage Potion = 9|0 (killed)

Sapphire Charger (4|5) with suggested effects of Rage Potion = 8|1

Colossal Dragon (7|15) with normal effects of Rage Potion = 12|10

Colossal Dragon (7|15) with suggested effects of Rage Potion = 12|10 (same potential)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:11:55 am by Treldon »
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg485962#msg485962
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »
I would not like to see this lose its CC capabilities.
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Arum

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg485971#msg485971
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:16:46 pm »
Meh, I'm with both sides. I do know that the upped is a bit too powerful though, and should be changed to 4 :fire instead of three, like the unupped.
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline freemod1espilon

• Reputation Power: 4
  • freemod1espilon is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Antlion needs some love
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486053#msg486053
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:54 pm »
Meh, I'm with both sides. I do know that the upped is a bit too powerful though, and should be changed to 4 :fire instead of three, like the unupped.
I prefer it the the way it is because if you targeted a massive dragon with this it would be way OP
If I have something to say I'll keep it to my self then let it out at the worst possible moment and then I will walk away laughing

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486064#msg486064
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »
I prefer it the the way it is because if you targeted a massive dragon with this it would be way OP
How so? A massive dragon would get LESS of a boost from this version than in the current in-game version.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486183#msg486183
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 11:00:33 pm »
Certainly an interesting idea. It'd allow neat synergy with skull shield and fire shield.

Offline Arum

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Arum is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Hard hearts for hard days.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486220#msg486220
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:13:16 am »
?
Certainly an interesting idea. It'd allow neat synergy with skull shield and fire shield.
?
O M A M
M o n s t e r s
A n d
M e n

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486250#msg486250
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:01 am »
In the OP it even says it has synergy with fire shield. It wouldn't kill creatures, just drop them down to 1hp if they would've died, and fire shield finishes them off. I'd like a nerf since :fire has 3 CC cards, way too much in one element.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486274#msg486274
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 01:28:21 am »
It is definitely an interesting proposal. I'll think on it.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Captain ScibraTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486318#msg486318
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 02:48:34 am »
How so? A massive dragon would get LESS of a boost from this version than in the current in-game version.

Actually for a Massive Dragon, there would be no change.  Both grades still reduce the HP by the same potential amount as the respective grade of the current version, and also have the same potential gain of attack. 
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Cheesy111

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Cheesy111 is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Battle League 2/2014 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 2nd Place
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486320#msg486320
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:46 am »
Derp until HP = 1 derp derp derp sorry derp.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Facetious trollnotmod
Re: Rage Potion | Rage Elixir https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=39089.msg486322#msg486322
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:52:09 am »
Derp until HP = 1 derp derp derp sorry derp.
No extra hp would be lost so no extra atk would be gained.

blarg: