*Author

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg147002#msg147002
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »
The skill of the weapon creature is the same skill of the weapon permanent.  MG has the Immaterial skill which means when it is summoned it gains the immortal status effect.  It doesn't take Enchant Artifact with it, in fact you can't cast Enchant Artifact on it.  If the discussion is about transferring status effects from permanent to creature then leave MG out of it.

If you feel status effects should affect the weapon and not the slot, then know that a frozen or delayed weapon could be replaced with another weapon to remove the status effects--a slight nerf to Voodoo Doll.
Didn't think of it that way, thought more that if people want the good stuff (protect artifact) copied to their animated weapon, the bad stuff (delay/frozen) should be copied, too.
To in fact, buff voodoo doll to not let animating a weapon let you get rid of the freeze/delay (so the slot's debuff is copied to the creature).

But just as an option, honestly, I have no problem with animate weapon the way it is. Just don't use PA if you want to animate it  :)
It turns into a creature, so it makes sense that if you to buff the resulting creature, do so (quintessence).

Just trying to avoid the don't let morning glory be animated option. Since that's a nerf morning glory does not deserve.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg147024#msg147024
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:27:46 pm »
Actually, looking at your explanation, you may have just proved our point.

Animate weapon destroys your weapon and plays it's matching creature card.

Morning glory says it cannot be destroyed or stolen.

Animate weapon shouldn't be able to work on morning glory.
Morning Glory isn't destroyed when it's flown. It is transformed into a creature. As for why you're able to target it, it's because you, the Elemental, are holding the sword in your hand! If it's really "immaterial", then you shouldn't even be able to wield it. I think "indestructible" is a better word.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg147052#msg147052
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 10:33:17 pm »
Actually, looking at your explanation, you may have just proved our point.

Animate weapon destroys your weapon and plays it's matching creature card.

Morning glory says it cannot be destroyed or stolen.

Animate weapon shouldn't be able to work on morning glory.
Morning Glory isn't destroyed when it's flown. It is transformed into a creature. As for why you're able to target it, it's because you, the Elemental, are holding the sword in your hand! If it's really "immaterial", then you shouldn't even be able to wield it. I think "indestructible" is a better word.
I think Gl1tch´s conclusion misses something:
The source code of "Animate Morning Star/Glory"would be:
#1: Destroy Morning Star
#2: Put the creature version on the field.

That´s technically a destruction.
But in the player´s view it´s definitely a transformation and no destruction. So the text on Morning Star makes sense.
(I assume that a creature slot is empty)
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

miniwally

Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg147930#msg147930
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:41 am »
Just to point out I'm quite sure that the question at the top is biased.

Kael Hate

Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg147941#msg147941
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 12:52:12 pm »
Biased Why?

Mastermind79

Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg148027#msg148027
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
Biased Why?
Should Flying|Animate Weapon have to target the weapon (and not the slot), like most things in elements?

Now that you mention it, it  does seem somewhat biased.

miniwally

Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg148714#msg148714
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 10:40:20 pm »
Biased Why?
Should Flying|Animate Weapon have to target the weapon (and not the slot), like most things in elements?

Now that you mention it, it  does seem somewhat biased.
That's exactly what I was on about.

Offline Glitch

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg148757#msg148757
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 12:07:09 am »
...no.

Not at all.

I just don't understand why animate weapon is the only card in the game that can target untargetable things.

smuglapse

Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg148912#msg148912
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 05:03:28 am »
I just don't understand why animate weapon is the only card in the game that can target untargetable things.
When I see the word target I think of the mechanic that has you pick a target from a group of highlighted objects and gives you the option to cancel if you don't want to continue:  Animate Weapon does not do this.

If you are using the word target as a synonym for affect, then Animate Weapon is not the only card that can do so.  Voodoo Doll, Chimera, and the mere playing of shields and weapons can affect untargetable things.

I am not familiar with another use of the word target in relation to Elements.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Flying weapon | Animate weapon https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11861.msg148914#msg148914
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 05:05:49 am »
my answer to the question in the poll is actually quite simple:
....NO. no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...... NO
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

anything
blarg: