*Author

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Dive (Active Ability) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10250.msg127475#msg127475
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 09:33:20 pm »
the ability dive is perfectly fine. if you pair it with blessing, it only makes a neutral (cost/att|hp) card twice as effective. and giant frog has a better ratio than that. i would sooner see giant frog nerfed before dive
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Dive (Active Ability) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10250.msg131978#msg131978
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 08:34:25 pm »
My only concern is that PU works with dive (and scarab's swarm ability) in a strange way.

I'd say PU should make an exact copy of the card, that is if you PU a dived pegasus, you get a dived pegasus, and when you end your turn, both pegasi should have their attack dropped back.

The way it works right now, it takes the temporary attack and temporary hp and makes a creature with temporary stats based on those. But the copy is still missing some features of the original like the fact it is considered 'dived' for example. And Scarabs after being PUd probably behave as if the have never gained HP from their swarm ability. And that's the only thing I find strange and needing a change.

Maybe a change to that mechanic would weaken the dive+PU combo, but then adding a +6/+0 card would be more reasonable (and would bring the combo back to power).
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
Re: Dive (Active Ability) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10250.msg131996#msg131996
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »
My only concern is that PU works with dive (and scarab's swarm ability) in a strange way.

I'd say PU should make an exact copy of the card, that is if you PU a dived pegasus, you get a dived pegasus, and when you end your turn, both pegasi should have their attack dropped back.

The way it works right now, it takes the temporary attack and temporary hp and makes a creature with temporary stats based on those. But the copy is still missing some features of the original like the fact it is considered 'dived' for example. And Scarabs after being PUd probably behave as if the have never gained HP from their swarm ability. And that's the only thing I find strange and needing a change.

Maybe a change to that mechanic would weaken the dive+PU combo, but then adding a +6/+0 card would be more reasonable (and would bring the combo back to power).
The TU pegasus combo requires a trio deck to function.  Its not an easy deck to pull off in practice and reverse time gravity shield, and bonewall can both rape the combo from 5 directions.  I have a blessed pegasus deck that I have done some testing with; its a pretty fast deck when it works, but is also quite unstable.

I don't see the dive TU thing as a problem, but also wouldn't be opposed to dive resetting the next turn on a TU's pegasus either.  It would make sense to work that way.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
Re: Dive (Active Ability) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10250.msg132019#msg132019
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 09:47:31 pm »
Well, if we're talking about how dive affects the new cards being added and how it makes +6/+0 buffs unlikely, I guess it's in fact a problem resolving around dive, PU, Deja Vu and similar cards/abilities that double the buff, as it is obvious that such buffs would be used in conjunction with such cards/abilities.
The situation that happened with SoR when a FG deck was designed based on SoR+dive (+PU in some versions) proves that these cards are only powerful in a combo and to be honest it needs a pretty big combo.

And I think, that the best way to prevent anything related to this problem from becoming OP is to make sure the combo breaks at some point. Eg. Deja Vu can only split once. A dived creature cannot use dive once again until it's attack have been halved again. Things like that. Anything OP related to these abilities was in fact based on finding a way to avoid these rules and continue the combo.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

blarg: