*Author

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1279930#msg1279930
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2018, 12:16:27 am »
Hikaru no go is a very enjoyable show. Is about the board game GO, which is quite popular in Asia.  It's set in modern times but has some historical overtones from 11th century Japan.  There's no violence or romance. And yet, it's quite riveting.  After watching 75 episodes, I still do not know how to play go.  And I still love it.  Elements isn't a board game, but it's depth in gameplay resonates with the game of go.  Perhaps you will enjoy the show or even learng the game. I plan to learn go when I have more time.

The show is great for all ages, girls and boys, and streaming on hulu. 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:28:18 am by Kalinuial »

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1279934#msg1279934
« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2018, 01:12:51 am »
*snip*
After watching 75 episodes, I still do not know how to play go.  And I still love it.  Elements isn't a board game, but it's depth in gameplay resonates with the game of go.  *snip*

If you don't know how to play go how do you know Element's depth in gameplay resonates with the game of go?

Why does One Punch Man only have two small mentions? Is it because this thread didn't get many posts since it came out?

Spoiler for where it was mentioned:
New season, what I'm looking forward to:
Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider: I don't know, I wanted to pick a mystery and the image looked pretty cool. I haven't even read the synopsis, though.
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka??: I have watched the first season. Not like I needed it, but I hate to drop anime in the middle and not watch everything there's to a certain series.
Young Black Jack: cool. Also, I remember this showing in the last episode of an anime from last season, and that gave me enough reasons to watch it.
Miss Monochrome 3rd Season: watched the first two, not like I could drop the third, could I?
Noragami Aragoto: watched the first season and loved it, also read the manga. Must watch.
Owarimonogatari: eh, monogatari series...
One Punch Man: ...maybe

I think I'll pick something up while episodes show, but I definitely picked too little: what would you recommend?
After watching 10 or so shows for the summer quarter, I'm taking it easy this season (Also because school). So I'm only planning to watch 3 or 4 new shows, but I'm sure my friends will get me to watch a few others.

I'm really looking forward to K: Return of Kings, Noragami Aragato, and Soukyuu no Fafner. And probably(?) one-punch man.

One Punch Man is my favorite anime. I thought it was a very entertaining comedy. I'm definitely watching season two when it comes out.

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1279935#msg1279935
« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2018, 01:32:51 am »
*snip*
After watching 75 episodes, I still do not know how to play go.  And I still love it.  Elements isn't a board game, but it's depth in gameplay resonates with the game of go.  *snip*

If you don't know how to play go how do you know Element's depth in gameplay resonates with the game of go?

Part of what you learn from watching the show is that Go, as with Chess, draws people to study and play the game to ever evolving reaches.  There are players that spend their lives studying go and striving for greater mastery.  The game of go has been around for 2,500 years and gameplay is still evolving.  Kind of neat to think if etg continued to develop and it was played and studied in the year 4500.

I will check out One Punch Man.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1280199#msg1280199
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2018, 03:26:48 am »
The first episode of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo comes out in about a month. Can't wait to see these panels animated in a couple more weeks after that:

O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1280200#msg1280200
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2018, 03:31:55 am »
i didn't know nothing about another season of jojo, can't wait for new poses

blarg: