*Author

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1197183#msg1197183
« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »
watching Ranpo Kitan atm, no idea what the manga was like (i should probably look into it) but this seems decently fucked up so ill stick with it
Saw the first episode of that, and I think I'm interested.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1198199#msg1198199
« Reply #253 on: July 23, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »
i couldn't believe my eyes when i first knew it,
but apparently they have adapted Prison School manga into an anime.

Prison School is super erotic and perversely funny that
its expected not to get an anime show.

considering Prison School gets its own anime shows
how good it is and i recommend all the perverts here to go watch it.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1198466#msg1198466
« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2015, 10:45:27 am »

Eh, I'm watching it, but definitely not for the fanservice (I'd rather watch To Love-Ru, at that point): it's a nice comedy with over the top characters, kind of reminds me of Nichijou, but not as funny, with a different plot and comedy drive. It's cute.

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1198630#msg1198630
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2015, 01:56:52 pm »

Eh, I'm watching it, but definitely not for the fanservice (I'd rather watch To Love-Ru, at that point): it's a nice comedy with over the top characters, kind of reminds me of Nichijou, but not as funny, with a different plot and comedy drive. It's cute.
Prison School will get funnier and funnier every episode.

i have read To Love-Ru manga and it was really entertaining,
i guess its time to watch the anime version.

Offline Leodip

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1203331#msg1203331
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:24 pm »
i have read To Love-Ru manga and it was really entertaining,
i guess its time to watch the anime version.
Are you also reading Darkness? It feels inferior to the original To-Love Ru, but at least it has a plot.

Offline dark ripper

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Embrace the Random
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #7Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1203342#msg1203342
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2015, 05:37:38 pm »
I recently got into anime(a couple of months ago) and ive watched several anime. After I cought up with Naruto(Naruto+Naruto Shippuden ep. 426 atm) I havent been able to fully enjoy any anime. Any suggestions people? I like shounen/martial arts/lil-bit-of-romance kinda anime, any non-mainstream anime come to mind?
Whispers in the dark, brawl #3
Team Earth, war #8
Team Entropy, war #9 , #10
Æ.N.D. 1st place TPvP #7

Offline FleshSpider

• Reputation Power: 1
  • FleshSpider is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1203343#msg1203343
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
I recently got into anime(a couple of months ago) and ive watched several anime. After I cought up with Naruto(Naruto+Naruto Shippuden ep. 426 atm) I havent been able to fully enjoy any anime. Any suggestions people? I like shounen/martial arts/lil-bit-of-romance kinda anime, any non-mainstream anime come to mind?
Not sure if mainstream or not, but try "Basilisk".

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1203536#msg1203536
« Reply #259 on: September 03, 2015, 08:38:42 am »
If you enjoy long (100+ episodes) anime, Hajime no Ippo fits your description pretty nicely (well, it's "mainstream", but not the same way as Naruto, Dragon Ball, Bleach and One Piece). Otherwise, you could watch what I consider to be the best anime I've ever watched (on a pretty long list, too): Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1208145#msg1208145
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2015, 02:42:59 pm »
New season, what I'm looking forward to:
Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider: I don't know, I wanted to pick a mystery and the image looked pretty cool. I haven't even read the synopsis, though.
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka??: I have watched the first season. Not like I needed it, but I hate to drop anime in the middle and not watch everything there's to a certain series.
Young Black Jack: cool. Also, I remember this showing in the last episode of an anime from last season, and that gave me enough reasons to watch it.
Miss Monochrome 3rd Season: watched the first two, not like I could drop the third, could I?
Noragami Aragoto: watched the first season and loved it, also read the manga. Must watch.
Owarimonogatari: eh, monogatari series...
One Punch Man: ...maybe

I think I'll pick something up while episodes show, but I definitely picked too little: what would you recommend?

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1208149#msg1208149
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2015, 03:21:44 pm »
After watching 10 or so shows for the summer quarter, I'm taking it easy this season (Also because school). So I'm only planning to watch 3 or 4 new shows, but I'm sure my friends will get me to watch a few others.

I'm really looking forward to K: Return of Kings, Noragami Aragato, and Soukyuu no Fafner. And probably(?) one-punch man.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1211201#msg1211201
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2015, 02:47:51 am »
Noragami Aragato is going to be worth checking out for me.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Initial D https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1265016#msg1265016
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2017, 05:07:08 pm »
I just recently got into Initial D, and oh boy, did it deliver!

Where should I start.

1. Story

We are somewhere in the 90s. The story introduces us to a local street racing team who specializes in drifting on the hairpins of the local mountain pass. They don't bet money, nor do they aspire for world fame; they just do it out of passion, for fun. Some night however, a rival team from a different region challenges them to a race they cannot win. If they lose, their pride as racers will be demolished. To avoid this, they need to find the mysterious drifter of Akina, who they only recently heard about.

Some of the races are so good, that they would even get in a Top 10 Anime Fights list.

2. Music

The music is the heart of the series. During the parts when there is relevant race going in, we hear tunes that the fans call "Eurobeat". The show uses fast-paced and upbeat soundstracks that fills you with adrenaline. It really goes well with the show, because it helps you to embrace the sense of speed that goes on during the races. The opening and ending songs were also catchy enough for me to listen to every time. Well, at least until they decided to change the outro song.

Here's a few of the most notable soundtracks:

Spoiler for Deja Vu:
Spoiler for Back On The Rocks:
Spoiler for DANCING (Cool Vibrations):
Spoiler for Don't Stop The Music:

If you can't stand Eurobeat though, this show is not for you. :/

3. Technical Background

A thing that blew a few real-life drivers away was the technical accuracy of it all. The creators of the story worked closely with real drivers to nail the technical details, and the result was something that felt very real. Sure, Initial D is not afraid of going into fiction, but here was a story where characters talked about oversteer, understeer, late braking and the differences between natural and turbocharged engines.

3. Visuals

Initial D is a not a new anime, so the graphics used for most parts are outdated. The cars, however, are so well-made, that sometimes they are easily mistaken with real cars. Look at this image for example:

And even though the graphics are outdated for everything else, it doesn't make it any worse than the rest. It holds up very well, and sometimes it gives a nice retro feeling to the show.

5. Characters

The characters (and even the stories) of Initial D are also more grounded in reality than in other racing shows. The characters are regular young people who love cars and racing while also dealing with jobs, relationships and other stuff that real people face. They blend humor with realism and great storytelling. Most of them go through crucial character development too.

On the downside though, there is one character who was designed to be cringy, so don't mind him. The girls also tend to be very unrealistic sometimes, but they are still closer to reality than those in the Fast and Furious or Transformers movies.

6. Memes

Initial D has them. If it can drift or race, it's worthy of having a cover song from the show:

Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
https://youtu.be/hvN7J-iH-AM?t=1m15s (hype starts at 1:15. embedded link ruins the timestamp)

I might have missed a few points. But there's only thing I can say:

"Don't miss it!"
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

blarg: