*Author

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095287#msg1095287
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2013, 09:34:15 am »
Yeah, but

Spoiler for Hidden:
Marianne was theorically "dead" and could still talk with C.C., I assume because she was in a conscious state only (inside of anya) or because C.C. was the one who gave her the geass. I didn't really notice the face of the driver, but at the ending when she talks alone and says Lelouch's name in the end, I was thinking that he could be "alive" (kind of like Marianne was?) or he could be "dead" and C.C. could just be talking to him (he did use his geass on the human subconscious... so I dunno?) I disregarded the absorving Code from Charles since he would lose his geass, and even after Charles' death he still uses his Geass (On Schneizel.) Unless the code was inactive and only activated at the end when he was stabbed?

As for tastes genre-wise.. I don't think I really have any tastes? I think the animes I watched aren't many.. Some Bleach and Naruto (never finished either due to the huge amount of episodes for both), Death Note, Code Geass, Elfen Lied, Erementar Gerad, SAO, Accel World... and apart from some old ones, I guess that's pretty much it. ^^'

(I do dislike animes that have quite some episodes, anything over 100 just seems extremely boring and long for me.)
I know that feeling. I watched nothing over the 60 episodes. If I want to watch something but it is too long, I usually choose the manga. This way I read Naruto, Dragonball (which I watched on TV, though), Detective Conan (in a couple of day I'll have finished this)
As for some anime you may like, since you don't have a favourite genre and the anime you watched are pretty different one another, I may only try and suggest you some "mastepieces". I'd suggest you a couple of really short anime, about 13 episodes, because they're the ones I like the better. I'd say, this short:
Angel Beats, pretty nice, I didn't cry, but it is the anime which shed more manly tears ever, probably. It's quite funny, expecially when you start to know TK.
Ano hi mita hana no namae bokutachi wa mada shiranai, aka Ano Hana. Awesome anime, really. I usually suggest this to anyone, no matter the genre. I never heard anyone talking bad about this.
Another, pretty creepy, but really awesome. I myself like both the MCs. I cannot talk about the most interesting facts because it'd be spoilerous.
Black Lagoon, I liked it, not too much, but I cannot say it was bad, not at all. Pretty entertaining and stuff, but I heard lots of persons talking awesomely about it.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, damn it, it is just too awesome. No more talking.
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, awesome, most likely better than Madoka, too.

Those were the Masterpieces, but other short anime may be:
Arakawa under the Bridge, it is a comedy, 13-episodes long, but has a second season of other 13 episodes. Pretty funny, for sure, but it won't be at the levels of:
Baka to test to Shoukanjuu, funnier than Arakawa, and has some neat characters. This one, too, has two seasons of 13 episodes.
C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. I discovered this one by luck, and no friends of mine have watched it, but it is really an awesome Seinen, and probably the only one who talks about something like that. It applies money to battle in a really incredible way. Definitely suggested.
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko, funny with romance, a good combination. I don't usually suggest this when going for something random, but if the person I'm suggesting stuff likes romance, well, this is one of the first candidates.

For other suggestions, take a look at my list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Leodip

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095289#msg1095289
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2013, 09:48:02 am »
* Drake_XIV compares lists.

62.6% similarity.  Huh.

Angel Beats wasn't one to make me well up, but that doesn't change that it was a great series.  A unique premise with sufficient comedic relief to juxtapose against the grim situation that everyone finds themselves in.  And, if anything, TK sells the show single-handedly.

I do believe Dm has already watched Ano Hana, but I guess that doesn't stop it from being recommended to others or even for rewatching.  Which I've done some couple dozen times.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, especially the first iteration, is rather confusing since the anime doesn't tackle the events... chronologically.  But it's still a great watch.  You just can't get enough Haruhi~

I'm rather surprised to find someone else that found C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control by themselves.  It wasn't included on any of the charts I had perused that year, but when I stumbled upon it near its end, it was worth catching up.

Denpa Onna  to Seishun Otoko is a pretty good 'romance' series.  'Romance' because it isn't exactly romance but in the whole slice-of-life thing, there are plenty of romantic feelings that are heavily implied.  Like Ryuushi~ ["It's Ryuuko!"].  But despite that, it's a rather interesting series of... [mild] chuunibyou [?].  And a rather refreshing series from Shaft that season.  For me, at least.

On that, Kami-sama no Memo-chou is kind of like it, but with more plot implementation and a less juvenile approach to it.  Especially since it starts off with a one-hour episode tackling a mystery behind high school prostitution.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095290#msg1095290
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2013, 10:00:04 am »
For personal suggestions, I can easily read off anything that's on this list.

What, I'm a big fan of KyoAni.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai is probably one of my favorites [and highly recommended series] of recent releases.  Something with empathizing with Yuuta about forgetting about an embarassing past while empathizing with Rikka about forgetting a troublesome past by immersing oneself in fantasies.

Clannad.  Feels.  Nothing else needs to be said.

Hyouka is another great slice-of-life that isn't based on smothering drama/romance and focuses more on mysteries.

Full Metal Panic is a great comedy series that has romance and giant mechs, although the balance between comedy and action will vary on which part of the series you are in, but the comedy segments are what made it stick out the most to me [PO~ONY!].  So, between tsunderes and the awesomeness that is the Arbalest, what else could you ask for?

Nichijou is pure randomness, chaos, and hilarity.  It's a gag anime of the highest order, essentially exaggerating everything in  'everyday life,' which is what Nichijou means, to extremes.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095371#msg1095371
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2013, 07:57:06 pm »
Oh, I forgot to name Chuunibyou.
aaand, nichijou made me fall in love with Hyadain, he's awesomeness incarnated. See me, myself and niconico douga or Ano Hino Boku E.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095377#msg1095377
« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
Yes.  Always Hyadain~

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095387#msg1095387
« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2013, 09:01:44 pm »
No, I've never watched Ano Hana. As for Angel Beats -- I've heard a lot about it, mostly good stuff too, so it was on my "to watch list" but I never really got around to it because.. well, I didn't feel like it, really.

I've heard of Clannad, too, but I have no idea what it is about. Same with Baka to test.

Now, since I -am- in the mood for something romance-y, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko will probably be watched...

Along with Bakemonogatari, that Drake_XIV pointed out to me.

Well, I had no anime to watch, and now I have too many! D:

Edit: While browsing through your list, I found "Mirai Nikki". I see this name way too often. Is it worth watching?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:05:24 pm by Dm1321 »

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095388#msg1095388
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »
No, I've never watched Ano Hana. As for Angel Beats -- I've heard a lot about it, mostly good stuff too, so it was on my "to watch list" but I never really got around to it because.. well, I didn't feel like it, really.

I've heard of Clannad, too, but I have no idea what it is about. Same with Baka to test.

Now, since I -am- in the mood for something romance-y, Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko will probably be watched...

Along with Bakemonogatari, that Drake_XIV pointed out to me.

Well, I had no anime to watch, and now I have too many! D:

Edit: While browsing through your list, I found "Mirai Nikki". I see this name way too often. Is it worth watching?

Yes to mirai nikki from me.
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095393#msg1095393
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095401#msg1095401
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »
Well, if you want something romance-y, then I'd propose Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai [The World God Only Knows], Toradora, and/or Kokoro Connect.

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095409#msg1095409
« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2013, 12:34:29 am »
I've recently learned that I have severe allergic reactions to filler.

Now when I see it, I can say that they're literally trying to kill me...  :P
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline MegroN

• Reputation Power: 5
  • MegroN is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I haven't seen any tigers in elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of EarthChampionship League 1/2014 3rd PlaceDefender of the Mound! (King of the Hill)
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095421#msg1095421
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2013, 01:55:26 am »
Naruto flashback episodes are back after excruciating fillers ended
Still building a house whose bricks fall apart when I look away

Offline xyan

• Reputation Power: 7
  • xyan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Semantics!
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095429#msg1095429
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2013, 04:05:36 am »
Rooster Teeth has put out a new anime called RWBY (pronounced ruby).

great combat scenes, short episodes with longer action-centered episodes. 7 episodes out so far, new one every thursday online. Also, the preview videos are amazing.

anything
blarg: