*Author

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1092370#msg1092370
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »
I've recently gotten into Attack on Titan. I liked it so much I went into the manga... and anyone who's watching it and thinking about stopping: don't give up on it, the good stuff hasn't even got started yet.
I believe pretty much no one has ever thought of dropping it. Maybe the manga because of the drawings (didn't read it, I'm just talking of what I heard from other people).

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1092425#msg1092425
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 12:51:10 am »
I've recently gotten into Attack on Titan. I liked it so much I went into the manga... and anyone who's watching it and thinking about stopping: don't give up on it, the good stuff hasn't even got started yet.
I believe pretty much no one has ever thought of dropping it. Maybe the manga because of the drawings (didn't read it, I'm just talking of what I heard from other people).
I've heard a bit that the anime is taking things too slowly, so that could be it.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1092428#msg1092428
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 01:04:35 am »
Yeah, the anime is really stretching out some of the events.

Offline Leodip

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1092470#msg1092470
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:11 am »
Not like it's bothering me. More than that, I don't know how they'll fit the rest in 3 episodes. I hate it when they make 2 series for the same manga without it being really needed. I may understand Kaiji's division, even Dragonball's one, but not this, it has no meaning (unless they plan to make a different ending...).

Offline MegroN

• Reputation Power: 5
  • MegroN is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I haven't seen any tigers in elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of EarthChampionship League 1/2014 3rd PlaceDefender of the Mound! (King of the Hill)
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1094420#msg1094420
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2013, 10:33:25 pm »
Oooh a thread for the enlightened!! My opinion: too many high school anime nowadays.

Loving attack on titan, One piece (manga is epic now anime must catch up soon).
Naruto must end (tomorrow even) it been fun, stop now.
Watched HxH movie was fun.
Mushibugyou (mediocre-ish)
Toriko (my friend keeps mentioning epic stuff from manga)
Nekomonogatari/Monogatari Series (Wish this was given to all Japanese language students, awesome language play)

and stuff . . .

Favs are OP, CodeGeass (cant wait for next movie), Berserk (Movie 3 was violent beyond violent), FMA Brotherhood (really cool concept and redeems first series) and lot of stuff. Soul Eater (why they no follow manga I have no Idea)
Still building a house whose bricks fall apart when I look away

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095024#msg1095024
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2013, 04:27:16 pm »
So I finally got around to watching SAO last month and liked it quite a bit. Even went up to Accel World and watched it as well. It is kind of overhyped, but it's not too bad. Then again, I haven't watched many.

I finally got around to watching Code Geass, too, and I'm watching the last episode right now. Worth all the time spent into it, no doubts.

Offline xyan

• Reputation Power: 7
  • xyan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Semantics!
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095026#msg1095026
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2013, 04:56:29 pm »
Thanks to SAO on toonami, I wanted to read the light novels the anime and manga are based on. 4 weeks, novel 9.  ;D

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095032#msg1095032
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2013, 05:18:23 pm »
So I finally got around to watching SAO last month and liked it quite a bit. Even went up to Accel World and watched it as well. It is kind of overhyped, but it's not too bad. Then again, I haven't watched many.

I finally got around to watching Code Geass, too, and I'm watching the last episode right now. Worth all the time spent into it, no doubts.
You've commented about 25 minutes too early. This one episode is by far the best of the anime.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I even shed some tears, even though I never cried for an anime or a movie.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095035#msg1095035
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:00 pm »
Yes. I noticed that 25 minutes later. Didn't seem as sad to me as the Manga ending of elfen lied, but.. still pretty good..

Welll... Now I'm all out of Animes to watch again.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Still, I wish it could have ended another way. Maybe with a fake death... Oh well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:56:09 pm by Dm1321 »

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095118#msg1095118
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2013, 08:41:06 am »
Yes. I noticed that 25 minutes later. Didn't seem as sad to me as the Manga ending of elfen lied, but.. still pretty good..

Spoiler for Hidden:
Still, I wish it could have ended another way. Maybe with a fake death... Oh well.
Well, indeed:
Spoiler for Hidden:
You watched it when CC was talking alone, right? That's a total mindfuck for most fans. I would have said she was talking with the dead Lelouch, but when you get to see the face of the driver, it's way too similar to Lelouch, so most say that he's still alive. Probably that has something to do with the Code, most likely he absorbed from Charlez or C.C., one way or another.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095160#msg1095160
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2013, 04:39:09 pm »
Well... if you want something to watch...  what are your tastes genre-wise?

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1095210#msg1095210
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2013, 10:54:31 pm »

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well, indeed:
Spoiler for Hidden:
You watched it when CC was talking alone, right? That's a total mindfuck for most fans. I would have said she was talking with the dead Lelouch, but when you get to see the face of the driver, it's way too similar to Lelouch, so most say that he's still alive. Probably that has something to do with the Code, most likely he absorbed from Charlez or C.C., one way or another.

Yeah, but

Spoiler for Hidden:
Marianne was theorically "dead" and could still talk with C.C., I assume because she was in a conscious state only (inside of anya) or because C.C. was the one who gave her the geass. I didn't really notice the face of the driver, but at the ending when she talks alone and says Lelouch's name in the end, I was thinking that he could be "alive" (kind of like Marianne was?) or he could be "dead" and C.C. could just be talking to him (he did use his geass on the human subconscious... so I dunno?) I disregarded the absorving Code from Charles since he would lose his geass, and even after Charles' death he still uses his Geass (On Schneizel.) Unless the code was inactive and only activated at the end when he was stabbed?

As for tastes genre-wise.. I don't think I really have any tastes? I think the animes I watched aren't many.. Some Bleach and Naruto (never finished either due to the huge amount of episodes for both), Death Note, Code Geass, Elfen Lied, Erementar Gerad, SAO, Accel World... and apart from some old ones, I guess that's pretty much it. ^^'

(I do dislike animes that have quite some episodes, anything over 100 just seems extremely boring and long for me.)

anything
blarg: