*Author

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075151#msg1075151
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 06:53:53 pm »
Have you watched Baccano or Durarara?  That's what really comes to mind [aside from the mainstream shounen action] when I hear action.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075155#msg1075155
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 07:06:17 pm »
Have you watched Baccano or Durarara?  That's what really comes to mind [aside from the mainstream shounen action] when I hear action.
You who? Jyiber or me? If it's me, I watched Baccano, but that's not stuff for him, while Durarara is on my "to-be-watched" list from a long time, but recently I've got no time to watch anime, aside the on-going ones.

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075164#msg1075164
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 08:01:03 pm »
I wouldn't rule out anything, it's not like I watch shonen only. It's just I like to be submersed into a cool alternate reality with it's own set of rules. This sets up for fights that have sci-fi or fantasy elements that I find create more interesting battles.
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075169#msg1075169
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »
The first anime I ever got hooked on was Dragon Ball Z. Years later I would stumble onto DBZ Kai and have a "meh" view on it. Then I went back and watched the original and realized something. Kai has way more action. In the original, characters would usually scream at each for 3 episodes and then throw a few punches.

Since then I've acquired a taste for action and shonen anime, as well as a few others.

Darker Than Black
Tenjou Tenge
Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
DBZ
Kekkaishi
Death Note

and my all time favorite; Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I have a bad habit of skipping story stuff in a few of the less interesting one to get to the fights.

Oh, I also like fighting Animes :D
Hunter x Hunter is one of my favourites, especially because the characters become stronger along with the story :D
You also might like D-Gray Man.
A manga (anime doesn't yet exist) highly focused on martial arts is "The Breaker". I'm a big fan of that one ^^
A quite recent anime is Shingeky no Kyojin (or similar) which has an interesting way of fighting, especially because the enemy are giants.

Since you liked Death Note I recommend you Codea Geass. It unifies (genius) strategical thinking with action scenes. The story is great and I found the ending fantastic (you have to watch both seasons).

And if you're into pure action with not that much of a story I recommend you Fate Zero. It has great animation and is quite short.
Another one might be Berserk. I haven't watched the anime but the manga was good and focused on ninja clans fighting each other.

I haven't seen the anime of it but I can imagine that Gantz has some fighting as well though its style is very different from what you're watching and the drawing as well as the story aren't what I'd define as common or normal. Also, the story isn't very easy but interesting, so skipping parts of it isn't recommended.

I hope you enjoy one of them if you ever look into it :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Leodip

• Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075179#msg1075179
« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2013, 08:28:59 pm »
I said baccano probably wasn't something you'd like because if you skip even only one bit, you are likely to not be able to understand the plot. What's more, the action is pretty much non-existent (little bit not too influent)

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075236#msg1075236
« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:07 pm »
I said baccano probably wasn't something you'd like because if you skip even only one bit, you are likely to not be able to understand the plot. What's more, the action is pretty much non-existent (little bit not too influent)

Makes sense for him I guess.  Baccano had sufficient amount of action for me, at least.  But I prefer minimal action.

But as for Durarara...  Some AMVs.

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075247#msg1075247
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2013, 12:40:48 am »
Durarara... Nice Amv. I'll have to look into that one.

Might I recommend a few amvs to whoever likes Naruto, or just a good fight:

Rock Lee Vs Gaara
&index=13

Konan Vs Tobi
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075343#msg1075343
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:15 am »
Awesome AMV. Once I finish Another (average of 1 ep per day, and I am at 9) I'll watch this. BTW, it reminded me of GTO somehow, and I thought that could be a good anime to watch, too. I didn't really like it, but it's just me, tons of people told me it was beautiful, maybe I'm just an exception.
Who other watched it?

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075344#msg1075344
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
Awesome AMV. Once I finish Another (average of 1 ep per day, and I am at 9) I'll watch this. BTW, it reminded me of GTO somehow, and I thought that could be a good anime to watch, too. I didn't really like it, but it's just me, tons of people told me it was beautiful, maybe I'm just an exception.
Who other watched it?

I watched GTO and am a big fan of it. But I have to say that I preferred the manga over the anime :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075354#msg1075354
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2013, 12:42:06 pm »
I generally like an anime better than its manga counterpart, even if the manga is the original one most of the times. Dunno why, but it's harder for me for no apparent reason to understand what's going on reading the mangfa (that's why I'm watching Another even though I read the manga, I thought it was awesome, but I didn't understand some of the things).

Offline timetock

• Reputation Power: 12
  • timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.timetock is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • wow much infinity wow
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075363#msg1075363
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »
ehhh I hear from my friends that Durarara is really good. However I watched the first episode and I can't say I'm compelled to continue watching it. It just altogether doesn't seem interesting enough and I feel like my time is better used reading other good manga. I think as a general rule the manga is better than the anime. Of course the manga can't compete with the anime fight scenes like Last Airbender or Naruto, but the anime on the whole tells the story better and is not filled up with stupid fillers like the anime has.

I hate fillers.

Anyways, I don't see why Durarara is so good. eh. Feel free to disagree with me

Offline Leodip

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1075368#msg1075368
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2013, 01:32:21 pm »
It may sound strange, but I like fillers, seeing how they develop something not originally in the mangaka's drawings is interesting, and they contribute to making the story more interesting overall, adding particulars to talk about (like, in another, you can't talk about the Misaki-Sakakibara couple, or the Akazawa-guyIhappennottorememberhisnamebutwithblondehairandfriendofthenedrdyguy couple and other stuff like that).

blarg: