*Author

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1179353#msg1179353
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2015, 11:48:12 am »
It's a different genre, but it's not completely  weirded out. I mean, almost everyone likes Higurashi.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1179380#msg1179380
« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2015, 05:41:57 pm »
I thought Another was pretty good. And I've read the first four arcs of Higurashi, but not finished it. Nor seen it. I need to do that..

Also why am I watching nine/ten shows this season somebody help me
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1183066#msg1183066
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2015, 08:06:00 am »
last ep of shigatsu wa kimi no uso came out this week so i saw it today

pls... so many feels...

also finished angel beats and have almost finished akame ga kill both of which are good

Offline Sillykid

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Sillykid is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1187467#msg1187467
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2015, 03:26:28 am »
Hajime no Ippo is an awesome anime series.  It's a sports anime and it's done well.  Ippo is a boxer and he fights against some really amazing opponents.  Don't miss it!

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1187506#msg1187506
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2015, 12:40:39 pm »
I thought Another was pretty good. And I've read the first four arcs of Higurashi, but not finished it. Nor seen it. I need to do that..

Also why am I watching nine/ten shows this season somebody help me

Another is the best horror anime i ever watched,
almost 1 person dies every episode,
i was so afraid that im the next one to die in the next episode.

Death Parade is very interesting anime,
judging people where they should go after death
as a topic for the anime is just spectacular.

Offline Tha_Playa_Slaya

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tha_Playa_Slaya is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1187548#msg1187548
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2015, 11:05:01 pm »
Hajime no Ippo is an awesome anime series.  It's a sports anime and it's done well.  Ippo is a boxer and he fights against some really amazing opponents.  Don't miss it!

Hajime no Ippo is great. The art gets better and better with each season and the soundtrack always gives me chills. It might be hard to get into since the first season looks kind of goofy but it's one of the most "worth it" animes to watch to the end imo. It has even got a movie with what I would say is above average animation for the seasons previous to its release. Besides, Ippo has one of the coolest signature moves I've ever seen - doing his Dempsey Roll with that awesome music and jet engines fading into the mix.

Definitely recommned Hajime no Ippo.
Creator of Elements the Game Deck Manager (EtGDM) - A quick way to save, edit, and organize all of your decks, with special False God assistance built-in!

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193041#msg1193041
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2015, 02:46:41 pm »
Is Hajime no Ippo realistic? I outright LOVE Baby Steps and was looking for something along the same lines. Sad thing is, I may never be able to get around watching Hajime no Ippo, considering how long that is.

BTW, what are you all watching this season? Everyone I talked with about this said I was a bit off with my choices (mainly because I didn't pick Owari no Seraph, but there's other stuff). Here's mine:
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, been reading the manga since a bit before the current point the anime is at and I just had to watch the anime, too.
Baby Steps, duh.
Denpa Kyoushi, been reading the manga since I don't remember when, I loved it. Sadly, the anime transposition is bad, IMHO. The OST is boring and the arts are just plain bad. Let's not talk about Suzune's seiyuu.
DanMachi, meh, nothing worth note, but not too bad a watch.
Grisaia no Rakuen, I've watched the first season, so I just had to continue. It's pretty nice, but nothing incredible.
JoJo, oh god how much I hate this arc. Luckily, it's almost up. Sad thing is, I doubt they'll release the following arcs quickly enough to satisfy my hunger, but I'm happy thinking that we'll get 4 not too far from now (hopefully), but it'll take a lot of time for my favourite, 7.
Kaitou Joker, watched season 1, it's not boring.
Mikagura Gakuen, I randomly picked this. I'm not really regretting that, but it may not have been my best choice.
Nagato Yuki-Chan no Shoushitsu, I hated this at first, but being the Haruhi fan I am I simply had to watch anything related to Haruhi in any possible way. However, it has been shaping up nicely so that I could ignore it being related to Haruhi and just watch it as a romance comedy. Or at least, until the last few episodes. I just hate the turn it took, hoping it will fix soon one way or another.
Ore Monogatari, good, real good stuff.
Re-Kan, I was hyped about it when I watched the first episode. Now, it's one of the most boring things on my list.
Shokugeki no Souma, good god, I'm LOVING this, much more than I could possibly explain. I don't really like the reactions to eating the food, but I love everything else so I can just get over that.

Offline Tha_Playa_Slaya

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193079#msg1193079
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »
First off, I agree on Shokugeki no Souma. There are also a lot of Youtube videos that try to recreate the dishes, some of them look pretty good. It's a fun one to watch thus far.

Also, I'm watching the first season of Baby Steps right now :D
Spoiler for Hidden:
They just rebuilt his body

As for Ippo, no, it's not entirely realistic. It's about as realistic to boxing as Koruko no Basketball is to, well, basketball. Most punches come with ample sound effects of jet-engines firing up and even some light-sabers here and there. Though, just like Shokugeki no Souma has to make the taste reactions ridiculously over-the-top to get the point across, all of the special effects are there to get the power or speed across. It's not like any fighters in particular have special powers, but most have an ability or quirk that makes them better in one area. Most fighters also have signature moves, akin to Prince of Tennis style signature moves but toned down a bit.
If your crunched for time, here's the decision: put it off and until you think you'll have more time or just go for it.

Anyways, thanks for those mini-reviews. Good place to find a new show.
Creator of Elements the Game Deck Manager (EtGDM) - A quick way to save, edit, and organize all of your decks, with special False God assistance built-in!

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193130#msg1193130
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2015, 09:31:05 am »
First off, I agree on Shokugeki no Souma. There are also a lot of Youtube videos that try to recreate the dishes, some of them look pretty good. It's a fun one to watch thus far.
Yeah, one day first dish he made (the "meat" serving) popped up on my youtube's home. If it wasn't that I'm on a diet, I'd definitely try it out.

Actually, the problem I have with long series is that (1) for some reason, I can't push myself to watching something I know it's going to be long and (2) I don't drop shows except for some really rare exceptions, so if I came to not like or just to find it meh, I would have to watch it all anyways. Also, my computer doesn't stand being on too much with this weather, so it's not a time issue, more like a physical issue. Combine that with my bad connection and here you have the hate for long series. Still, I might try it once I finish Black Rock Shooter.

Offline Tha_Playa_Slaya

Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193188#msg1193188
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2015, 11:11:32 pm »
Totally understandable. I'm definitely intimidated by many-seasons-running anime. One piece and Naruto in particular. There just isn't much of a chance to watch so much of it all.

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193189#msg1193189
« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2015, 11:22:37 pm »
One Piece.
500 episodes in. No sign of an end yet.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1193207#msg1193207
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2015, 03:59:42 am »
Agreed on Shokugeki. I'm taking it kind of light this season though. The only airing things I'm watching are Knights of Sidonia S2 and Shokugeki, however I'm thinking of picking up Arslan Senki and Danmachi.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

anything
blarg: