*Author

Offline iNeifuShicHo

• Reputation Power: 1
  • iNeifuShicHo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146727#msg1146727
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2014, 07:26:29 pm »
I was wondering if people could suggest animes (mangas are okay too) with geniuses or prodigies in it.

zankyou no terror (currently airing) is probably good, and ping pong the animation is a little similar to prince of tennis, hamatora also has elements of geniuses/prodigies in it
But for Hamatora, beware of random english words as names.

I love those names though, they sound cool

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146742#msg1146742
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:22 pm »
I was wondering if people could suggest animes (mangas are okay too) with geniuses or prodigies in it.

zankyou no terror (currently airing) is probably good, and ping pong the animation is a little similar to prince of tennis, hamatora also has elements of geniuses/prodigies in it

To each their own. I've found that it's gotten slightly annoying for me over time (new season included)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146893#msg1146893
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

To each their own. I've found that it's gotten slightly annoying for me over time (new season included)

Then avoid Phi Brain

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146933#msg1146933
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »
Well, we there are many series about a main character who is just really good at what he does, though perhaps not intellectually. An example would be The Irregular at Magic High School, or perhaps Chrome-Shelled Regios, or basically any light novel adaptation because main characters often have monologues about how strategically superior they are in light novels. The problem is you start getting into things like Sword Art Online, and I don't think a character like Kirito is what you're looking for at all.

Edit: The World God Only Knows works too, if you're into that genre or are willing to try it.

If you're looking for the intellectual stimulation rather than the power gap, then perhaps you should try the variety of detective series such as Detective Conan, Psychic Detective Yakumo, or Un-go.

Thanks for the suggestions :) I did watch Sword Art Online before, it's okay. But as you said, it's not what I'm looking for. I'm still a bit undecisive about The World God Only Knows. I might look into some detective series when I got more time.

Just ran across zankyou no terror recently. Looks quite interesting so far, definitely following it :) Might give a try to the Ping Pong thing, since I quite liked Prince of Tennis :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146934#msg1146934
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2014, 07:58:53 pm »
Well, we there are many series about a main character who is just really good at what he does, though perhaps not intellectually. An example would be The Irregular at Magic High School, or perhaps Chrome-Shelled Regios, or basically any light novel adaptation because main characters often have monologues about how strategically superior they are in light novels. The problem is you start getting into things like Sword Art Online, and I don't think a character like Kirito is what you're looking for at all.

Edit: The World God Only Knows works too, if you're into that genre or are willing to try it.

If you're looking for the intellectual stimulation rather than the power gap, then perhaps you should try the variety of detective series such as Detective Conan, Psychic Detective Yakumo, or Un-go.

Thanks for the suggestions :) I did watch Sword Art Online before, it's okay. But as you said, it's not what I'm looking for. I'm still a bit undecisive about The World God Only Knows. I might look into some detective series when I got more time.

I actually really recommend Un-Go as well. If you are looking at more mystery genre, "Kamisama no Memochou" comes to mind.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1146968#msg1146968
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2014, 12:24:39 am »

Then avoid Phi Brain
I think I already took it off my list
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1147720#msg1147720
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2014, 09:13:09 pm »
Obligatory Trapito SAO II Hype Post

Spoiler for Hidden:

The bad part about this is that having SAO and MKR running side by side is making me ignore all other anime.

Should pick RWBY up.

Offline iNeifuShicHo

• iNeifuShicHo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1147729#msg1147729
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2014, 11:18:06 pm »
aldnoah zero is a definite watch in this season imo

Offline jarozaoz

• Reputation Power: 8
  • jarozaoz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Little, crazy guy.
  • Awards: Icons for Donors Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1147757#msg1147757
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2014, 07:28:25 am »
* jarozaoz watches refreshed Sailor Moon episodes (Sailor Moon Cristal, if you're looking for it
* jarozaoz enjoys Sailor Mercury transformation
2kawaii4me
You. And sand. Endless sand. Endless trillions tons of sand.
This endless power. which can kill you like insignificant bug.
This, is a power of :time...

Offline lycanfr3ak

• lycanfr3ak is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Haxorz FTW :D
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1153339#msg1153339
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2014, 02:53:02 pm »
Animes I have recently watched : Blood C, Anohana, Wolfs Rain, Hellsing, Bleach, Blood Lad.

I can't tell which of these was the best but I can tell which I considered the worst. Blood Lad. There was nothing wrong with it except the ending, where the story should have continued. Made me upset.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1173502#msg1173502
« Reply #226 on: January 01, 2015, 12:21:58 am »
Nisekoi 2nd season
Let's see what 2015 brings!

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Hoping for NGNL 2nd season plz.
still wishing for kokoro connect 2nd season...

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Anime https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32465.msg1179351#msg1179351
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2015, 11:06:47 am »
i had been meaning to watch another, and yesterday decided to finally watch it

yea... ok then

is it classified as good tho? i have no idea when it comes to these things... i liked it at least...

blarg: