*Author

Offline LunarisTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • "I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning."
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1223300#msg1223300
« on: February 11, 2016, 07:44:25 pm »
So, I've been talking about writing this story since The Virtual Reality RP started, and here it is. Chapters will be posted on occasion, not sure exactly how often right at the moment. Let me know if you have any ideas or ways that I could possibly improve the story!

Chapter 1

"Z. Hey, Z. Snap out of it would you? This is your first mission, could it really be that hard to pay attention?" Izabelle looked over at the man beside her. He was tall and muscular, but had an amused glimmer in his eyes as he glanced over at her. He turned back to look through the scope of the rifle he had perched on the edge of the building they were crouched upon.

"Sorry.." Izabelle muttered, forcing herself to look away from him and concentrate on the road below them. "The target should be here soon, yes?" She glanced back towards her partner, looking for confirmation.

"Yeah, shouldn't be too long now. The Boss said they come this way every day around 9:30pm. Its 9:28 currently." He looked over at her again, pulling down his mask and giving her a reassuring smile. "You look nervous. Don't worry, this should go smoother than my first. Hell, right off the bat my partner had this bag of plums and-" He hastily returned his attention to his rifle scope. "They're here. You remember the plan?"

"Of course, what do you think I am, dense?" She stood and dashed across the rooftop, jumping silently across to the next building when she reached the edge. She rolled as she landed, continuing to run until she reached the building she was looking for. Izabelle made her way down the fire escape as quickly as possible, and when she reached the bottom, pressed her back against the wall that stood between herself and the target.

Once she heard the first gun shot, she was on the move. According to the plan, Jinx's first shot should've taken out the largest of the gang, so all she had left to deal with were the two smaller thugs. As she turned the corner, she realized that this was not true, and she nearly ran full speed into the largest of the three.

She gasped, and jumped to the side just in time as the large man swung his club down on where she had been standing moments ago, undoubtedly in an attempt to crush her. Her heart was racing in her chest, and she jumped more than she usually would've when the gun went off. The clubbed thug fell to the ground, lifeless.

The plan now working out the way it was supposed to, Izabelle dashed towards the larger of the two remaining targets, knives in hand. She slid between his legs, and upon standing behind him, slashed out with her knives. Two down, one to go.

The smallest thug, who didn't look much older than Izabelle herself, stared at his two dead companions, his gaze filled with fear. He looked up at her, and when their eyes met, he began to shake and dropped to his knees.

"Please... please let me live... m-my mother.. she's ill..." He sobbed, head in his hands. Izabelle took a step closer to him and knelt down in front of him. "I'll do anything.. please..." He began to mutter incoherently under his breath, shaking his head back and forth as if he was arguing with himself.

Izabelle, never having had someone beg her for their life, was at a loss about what to do. "You'll do anything, hmm?" She thought for a moment before speaking again. "Stand up, and quit your weeping. Act like a man." She stood and waited impatiently for him to stand, twisting her knife in her hand.

When he was standing, she looked him over. He seems strong for his young age. The Boss would not be pleased if I brought him back to the hideout, though. Spotting movement out of the corner of her eye, she turned to see Jinx making his way down the side of a building. She could tell, even from how far away he was, that he was pissed.

"What the hell are you doing, Z? That is a TARGET, not a damsel in distress! You're not supposed to save them. Do your damn job!" He snapped, drawing the pistol from his belt and aiming it at the target.

Izabelle stepped inbetween Jinx and the target, not meeting her partner's eye. "If you want to shoot him.. shoot me first." She murmurred, staring at her feet. When she finally looked up to Jinx, he was staring at her, dumbfounded.

Suddenly, Izabelle turned to look at the boy, thinking she heard him move. She didn't have time to react before the knife pierced her side. She dropped to her knees, holding her side. When the gun went off, she cringed and tried to keep herself from panicking. I was just stabbed...

"Z! Z, stay calm okay? You're going to be fine." Jinx was suddenly at her side, and Izabelle could feel him moving her hands away to look at her wound. He took off the jacket that he'd been wearing and told her to keep it pressed firmly against her side. He picked her up, cursing under his breath, and began to run, making his way to the hideout.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:30:37 pm by Lunaris »
Team F.R.O.G.S | Brawl #6
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!
:entropy ~AbomiNation~ :entropy

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1223306#msg1223306
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:43:25 pm »
Beautiful kinky, I like it~ ♥
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline xray1324

• Reputation Power: 6
  • xray1324 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Xray1324, IGN: ElementalNinja.
Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1223307#msg1223307
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 08:46:41 pm »
Cool

Might want to make the chapters longer and paragraphs spaced out.

Offline xray1324

• Reputation Power: 6
  • xray1324 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Xray1324, IGN: ElementalNinja.
Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1223309#msg1223309
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
Post Grave.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:06:31 pm by xray1324 »

• Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Lunaris is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1224838#msg1224838
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 12:30:41 am »
Sorry for such a long delay between the chapters, I was at kind of a loss for where to go with this chapter. But, here you go!

Chapter 2

"No. No! You don't want him! You want me! Please, don't hurt him... he didn't do anything wrong, he's just a child!" Izabelle cried, though she could not move to help the person who's life she was begging for. Her heart lurched as the gun went off, and she began to sob. "Vincent!"

She woke with a start, head pounding. A searing pain ran through her  side, and she remembered what had happened the night before. "J-Jinx?"  She whispered, surprising herself by the amount of pain and fear in her voice. She looked down at her side, and the bandages were red, along with the sheets on her bed.

"Bad dream?" A soft voice asked from across the room. It was dark and the voice was coming from the shadows, but Izabelle recognized it immediately. "You know, it always helps in this business to completely  rid yourself of your emotions." The voice spoke again, and its words  sent shivers up Izabelle's spine.

"I can't just rid myself of my emotions..." Izabelle muttered, staring in the direction of the voice. "You know, Umbra, for the color of your hair, you sure blend in with the shadows well."

Umbra chuckled coldly, stepping out into the light. "For someone who was just stabbed, you sure seem to be in high spirits." Her words were warm, but her voice was ice cold. Izabelle flinched, sending another jab of pain through her body.

Umbra had a signature look that everyone recognized,  but most that knew her well knew that she was much more dangerous than  her appearance revealed. She was a small woman, with silver hair and bright violet eyes. Her left eye was covered in an eye patch, though no one really understood why.

"Jinx told me what happened back in the city. What you did was idiotic, and you should've been killed for it. The targets are targets for a  reason. They're not good people, Z. You need to get that through your head, or else you and those around you are guaranteed dead," Umbra said, arms crossed and staring out the window. She turned to look at Izabelle, a scowl on her face. "One more slip up like the one last  night, and I'll kill you myself." With that, Umbra turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

A few minutes later, a stout man came in, dressed all in white. He hardly looked at Izabelle when he spoke to her. "H-how're you d-doing?" He stuttered, looking at the ground. He moved around the room, looking  at and rearranging medical equipment on tables and shelves. Izabelle watched him silently for a few moments before speaking.

"It's still bleeding." She stated plainly, pulling her hand away from the bandages and revealing it to be covered in blood.

"O-oh, well that's n-not  good." He muttered, grabbing a roll of bandages off of a nearby shelf  and dropping it multiple times before reaching Izabelle's bed. He talked  quietly to himself as he worked to replace her bandages. When his hand  brushed against her hip instead of her side, he jumped away, apologizing profusely.

Rolling her eyes, Izabelle stayed silent as the trembling yet skilled hands of the doctor replaced her bandages. When he was done, he offered a hand to help Izabelle stand. When she was standing stably, he gave a quick nod and nearly sprinted out of the room. Slightly startled, Izabelle stood there in her room staring at the door for a few moments.

After coming to her sense, Izabelle realized that she was starving. She slowly made her way towards the kitchen of the hideout, limping. When she got there, Jinx sat at the table, chatting with a blonde, busty girl. When he noticed Izabelle walk in, he stood and went over to her, wrapping her in a hug.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a hushed voice, his hands on her shoulders. When she nodded, he smiled and hugged her again. "Good. You'll be fit and ready for the mission tomorrow then, right?" He  laughed and pulled out a chair for her. "Here, sit. I'll go get Saber."

Before Izabelle could object, Jinx walked off to go find the cook.  Izabelle sighed softly and sat in the chair that had been pulled out for  her. Glancing over at the other girl at the table, Izabelle realized she was being stared at. "Um.. hi." She said, slightly uncomfortable.

The girl immediately sprang to life when Izabelle talked to her. "Hi!  So, you were stabbed? That's so cool! Well, not cool persay, but really interesting! You're lucky to have survived, huh? That goon must've been really dumb, going for your side instead of your chest!" She talked so quickly that Izabelle hardly caught most of what came out of her mouth.

"Woah, woah. Slow down. Who are you, anyways?" Izabelle asked, a scowl  on her face. The girl was a little shocked at Izabelle's hostility, but it didn't dampen her enthusiasm. She smiled brightly and began to introduce herself when Jinx came back in with Saber, a muscular, dark  haired boy.

"Okay, Z, what do you want to eat?" Saber asked, arms crossed. His  eyes, which were an unnerving red color, were trained on her face. When she  shrugged, he rolled his eyes and went into the kitchen to cook her whatever he felt like making. After he left, Jinx went back to sit next  to the blonde girl, and Izabelle turned back to her as well, still trying to figure out who she was.

Jinx glanced between the two girls and, realizing that they didn't really know each other, rushed  to introduce them. "Z, this is Allegra, my sister. Allegra, this is Z,  my partner." Izabelle nodded, satisfied with the introduction. Allegra, however, apparently needed more information.

"So, Z, what's your favorite kind of weapon? I feel like you would like swords. Or maybe a spear. Who knows. Anyways, was it scary, being on  your first mission? Mine is tonight, but I don't know if I'm excited or nervous. Am I talking too much?" She rambled, sitting with her elbows on  the table and chin in her hands when Izabelle nodded to her last question, obviously waiting for Izabelle to answer.

"Well... I use knives, and have been raised my entire life fencing, so I  guess swords too. It was a little nerve-wracking, but I try to stay composed at all times. If I were you, I would be a combination of both.  If you're used to this kind of thing, then it should be a breeze. Who's your partner?" Izabelle inquired, genuinly curious as to who Umbra may have assigned to work with this overly enthusiastic girl.

Allegra hesitated for a moment before speaking. "I got paired up with the twins."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:06:07 am by Lunaris »
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1231127#msg1231127
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:01:05 am »
Okay, the delay for this one was really long and I apologize. Many things got in the way of me writing this chapter, but here it is finally! This chapter is more of a flashback than anything, but its an incredibly important part of Z's story, so please, enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

"Izzy, look!" A little boy was balancing on the back of the large brown sofa in the living room, while Izabelle was in the kitchen preparing lunch. She looked around the wall that separated the living room from the kitchen and laughed, going over to grab him off of the sofa.

"Careful, little guy. Don't want you to fall off and hurt yourself, yeah?" She set him on the floor and ruffled his hair before making her way back over to the stove to check on the soup, still simmering in its pot. "Food's ready."

"What did you make, Izzy?" He babbled, trying to see the soup as his sister ladled it into his favorite bowl. When she brought it over to where he sat, he looked at it for a few moments before taking a small bite. His smile widened when he realized what she had made. "Its the dumper soup!"

Izabelle laughed, dishing herself up a bowl. "Dumpling, Vinny. Its chicken dumpling soup," She went and sat next to him, pulling him into a side hug before beginning to eat. "Its not too hot for you, is it?" She asked after taking her first bite.

Vincent was poking at a dumpling in his soup, answering Izabelle's question immediately. He looked up at her, his eyes bright, and nodded. "It hurt my tongue!" He stuck his tongue out to show his sister, though she couldn't see the damage.

She smiled and got up from the table, going to get the ice tray out of the freezer. Before she could get there, Vincent got up from the table and ran to the window. "Izzy! Izzy! Mommy's home!" When he reached the window, he stood with his hands on the window sill, bouncing up and down excitedly.

Izabelle walked over to the window, looking out. I guess that does look like Mom's car... She thought, but deep down she knew it wasn't actually her mother. She realized that the people in the driveway could be a danger to them, so she quickly thought of a way to get Vincent away from the window.

"Why don't you run and grab the pictures you colored for Mommy from your room, okay?" The little boy nodded enthusiastically and ran down the hall to his room. Izabelle ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife out of the drawer. Better safe than sorry.. She held it so tightly in her hand that it dug into her palm.

Vincent came running back down the hallway, a large stack of coloring book pages in his hand, and a huge smile on his face. His smile quickly faded, however, upon seeing the knife in his sister's hand.

"I-Izzy, what're you doing?" He had a terrified look on his face, never having seen his sister this way. "Its just mommy.."

It was only a few moments before the pounding on the door began. Izabelle looked at her brother, panicking slightly.

"Vinny, run. Go!" She gave him a slight push, and watched as he ran down the hallway as quickly as he could. She knew exactly where he would go, but hopefully the people at the door would be unable to find him.

Moments after Vincent had disappeared into his sister's bedroom, three large men burst through the door, weapons in hand.

I knew it! Izabelle thought, relieved that she'd reacted quick enough to give Vincent a decent amount of time to hide. She turned to face the men, quickly realizing how small she was compared to them. Heart pounding in her chest, she stood ready with her knife clutched tightly in her hand.

Protect Vinny... that's all that matters.. She glared at the men who had just broken their way into her house, suddenly enraged. She slashed out with her knife at the closest one, and was caught off guard when he grabbed her wrist.

"Aww, look. She's so cute! Do you think she'll still be this enthusiastic when we carry out the plan?" He smirked arrogantly, looking back at the others, who both had similar looks on their faces.

"Let me down, you freak!" She kicked at his groin, but he had lifted her off the ground and held her at a distance that put him just out of her reach. She twisted and struggled to free her wrist, but her efforts were in vain. This thug is twice my size, and obviously means business. Careful, or else I get both Vinny and myself in danger...

Before she knew what was happening, she felt the impact of his fist on the side of her head, and her eyes closed slowly as she lost consciousness.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:58:27 pm by Lunaris »
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1231777#msg1231777
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »
So, this chapter is pretty short, but the intention was for it to hit pretty hard, and leave you wondering. So, enjoy, and let me know your thoughts!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

She awoke slowly, laying face down on the hardwood floors and her head pounding. Her vision was blurry, but Izabelle could make out one of their dining room chairs in the center of the living room. What the hell..? She thought, and tried to stand up, but felt immediately dizzy and fell back to the floor.

As her vision cleared, she could see the familiar legs of the person she'd spent her whole life protecting hanging off of the chair, ankles bound by rope to the legs of the chair. She gasped sharply and stood, ignoring the sway in her vision and the pounding in her head.

As soon as she was on her feet, one of the thugs grabbed her arms and held them firmly behind her back. She kicked and bit, trying her hardest to get the the small boy in the chair.

"Let him go!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face. She screamed again as the man that had knocked her unconscious earlier struck the child across the face with his hand.

"No. No! You want me! Please, don't hurt him... he didn't do anything wrong, he's just a child!" She cried, though she could not move to help the young boy she'd give her life for. Her heart lurched as the gun went off, and her cries turned to sobs as she screamed his name.

"Vincent!"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:21:02 pm by kinkykitten624 »
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1234989#msg1234989
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »
Yay, new chapter! This one took me forever since I had to keep going back and checking things and double checking things and yeah... it was kind of a mess. But, nonetheless, here you go! Enjoy :D

Chapter 5

Izabelle was dumbfounded. She shared a short look of surprise with Jinx before looking back to Allegra.

"As in... the two-parts-makes-a-whole twins? Because that doesn't match up." She could tell by the look on the younger girl's face that she was freaking out. "I mean, that's great and all." Izabelle added quickly, her gaze flicking back to Jinx momentarily.

Allegra nodded her head, and opened her mouth to speak, but snapped it shut and looked back down at her lap when she noticed who had just walked into the dining room. Izabelle turned in her seat and immediately glared at the duo in front of her.

They stood side-by-side, like always, each with the same perverse expression on their face as they looked at the group of people sitting at the table. It changed as their eyes settled on Izabelle, and deep-set hatred filled their gaze. They took a few steps into the room, perfectly in sync, before stopping right next to Izabelle and turning to face her.

There was spite in their voices as they said "Izabelle." As they said it, the male developed a slight smirk, showing the sharp teeth that stood in place of his canines. After an awkward few seconds, the girl rested her hand on his forearm, and the duo turned to Allegra.

"Umbra has something for us to do. Get up." Allegra stood immediately, and shrugged off Jinx's comforting hand on her shoulder when he set it there. She gave him a look that Izabelle could only interpret as stubborn determination before nodding to the twins and going around them to the door.

After she was gone, Izabelle looked up at the twins, trying to conceal the anger in her eyes for only a few moments. "Xerous, Xanthos, you make sure she comes back in one piece. Don't forget its her first mission." She demanded, surprising herself as much as everyone else in the room.

Xerous exchanged a knowing look with her brother before laughing and turning to leave, her mismatched eyes locked with Izabelle's icy blue ones. A quiet, growl like noise came from deep in Xanthos' throat as he glared at Izabelle for a few moments longer than his sister, but he soon made his way out of the dining room as well.

Jinx had sat in silence during the encounter, but as soon as the twins were gone, he turned to Izabelle. "So... what the hell was that all about?" He inquired, curiosity shining in his eyes. He flinched slightly when Izabelle turned her glare on him.

"How could you not know by now?" She snapped before realizing that it was Jinx she was talking to. "Oh..sorry. The twins and I, we have some bad history." She leaned back in her seat and stretched, gasping at the sharp pain that reminded her of the injury in her side.

Jinx watched her, a slight smile on his lips. "And that would be...?" He gave her an obnoxiously straightforward smile and leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table with his chin in his hands.

Izabelle scowled at him before letting out a soft sigh and put her feet up on the corner of the table before beginning her story. "Well, have I told you what happened with my little brother?"

Jinx shook his head, his chin still resting in the palms of his hands. The sight of him doing this roused a small smile from Izabelle, but it quickly faded. "He was killed by a group of thugs when I was 13. They broke in while we were there. I tried to save him, but they knocked me out and found him while I was still out.." Her voice trailed off and she bit down hard on the inside of her bottom lip, trying not to burst into tears.

With a look of great sympathy on his face, Jinx leaned back in his chair. He ran his fingers through his black hair, waiting for Izabelle to continue her story.

Letting out a long, deep breath, Izabelle continued. "Xanthos was involved... He was one of the monsters who tied my brother to a chair and shot him.." Tears streamed down her cheeks and her voice cut off. She rested her head in her hands with her elbows on the table, trying to stop crying.

Jinx came over and wrapped her in his arms. "Z, I'm so sorry.. I didn't know.." He held her until she started to talk again.

"Xanthos was there, and I'm sure Xerous was too. Do you see now, why I can't not hate them?" Izabelle looked into Jinx's eyes and scanned his face to see his reaction.

He nodded and ran his hand through his hair again. "That's tough, Z. I wish I knew more to say, but I really don't. I have no idea how you should handle this, but I'd say the best thing to do is be damn careful. The twins are dangerous, especially Xerous. But you mess with one and you mess with both, so don't try and start anything."

Izabelle nodded and remembered how hungry she was. "What the hell, where is Saber?" She grumbled, turning to look towards the kitchen. A blush spread across her cheeks when she realized that Saber was standing in the doorway, watching her and Jinx.

"Right here." He said, his red eyes gleaming. "Impatient much, huh?" He walked over and set a plate of pasta with alfredo sauce in front of her. Without another word, he turned and walked back out of the dining room.

As Izabelle dug into her food, Jinx got up and smiled. "I'm gonna go see if Umbra needs anything. I'll see you later, Z." He walked out of the dining room, leaving Izabelle alone once more.
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1247477#msg1247477
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 04:43:58 am »
Time to kick this back up again! Sorry about the long delay, what with school and everything I haven't had time to write much. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 6

Vincent sat with a look of delight on his face as he watched a tall woman sparring with a tattoo-covered man. He sat with his legs crossed and his hands on his knees, a small stuffed bear sitting on the ground in front of him. His smile seemed to widen each time a weapon came into contact with skin, his eyes getting the slightest bit brighter with each successful hit.

After a few minutes, the training session was over and the pair made their way towards Vincent. The woman handed the sword she'd been using to the young boy.

"Oh, shiny!" Vincent exclaimed, running his hands along the blade slowly with admiration. "Its so pretty!" He shifted his gaze to meet the woman's eyes.

She was beautiful, with fair skin and hair that had been dyed deep black. What Vincent found so fascinating about her, however, were her eyes. They were a bright, almost neon green, with slitted pupils like that of a snake.

She chuckled, but her smile faded quickly as a growl escaped from the man's throat. She turned to face him, tilting her head up to look him in the eyes.

"Is there a problem, Nikos?" She inquired, spite filling her words. Her snake-like eyes seemed to glow as she stared intently at the large specimen before her. Vincent shifted so he was behind the woman, and with wide eyes watched as the argument unfolded.

"Yes, actually, there is. The kid needs to grow up if he's ever going to be of use here." He put excessive amounts of emphasis on his words, almost like he was speaking to a child. "He wouldn't last a second out there and we can't keep babying him here. He's a waste of space, time, and resources, Voxis, and you know it." His eyes flicked down to the look of fear that appeared on Vincent's face and a sneer appeared on his. "Look, he can't even listen to a conversation without acting like a coward!"

Voxis' jaw was clenched as she picked Vincent up and pushed her way past Nikos to walk back into the headquarters. "I'm going to train him, Nikos. He's only a child. Of course he's going to be afraid at first, you idiot. You were afraid at first as well. You cried for hours after you killed your first, Nikos, and I remember it clearly. Who stood by you that night? Me. So learn some damn respect and quit acting like you're tough."

Vincent buried his face in her shoulder as they walked and tried to keep the tears from falling from his eyes. "Voxis? Am I a waste of space?" He murmured, barely loud enough to be heard.

Voxis set the child down on the ground and knelt in front of him. "No. You're not. We are going to find a place for you here. You're going to be a part of us. Don't listen to Nikos. He's a big liar." She stood, took Vincent's hand, and led him to the central courtyard where it was most likely to find the person in charge, a large and intimidating man who went by the name of Cipher.

Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1254769#msg1254769
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 11:53:55 pm »
New chapter time, yay! Again, I apologize for the delay.. school has been taking up the entirety of my time recently. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 7

"Voxis!" A shrill voice sounded from across the courtyard. "Voxy, come here!" A petite young woman stood near the edge of the stone paths that ran throughout the training yard, waving her arm in an attempt to get the attention of her companion.

A small smile spread across the face of Voxis as she noticed her acquaintance waving to her. She led Vincent over to her, and enveloped the girl in a hug. When the pair separated, Vincent noticed the faint scales covering the cheekbones of the stranger, and a sudden jolt of fear shot through the small boy.

"V-Voxis?" He muttered, his eyes glued to the face of the smaller girl.

"Oh!" Voxis chuckled and picked Vincent up. "Vincent, this is Scylla. Scylla, Vincent." When Vincent gave Scylla a shy wave, Voxis smiled and set him down. "She's my partner. Both in battle... and out." Another smile was shared between the two girls, leaving Vincent in a state confusion.

"She means I'm both her partner and her girlfriend!" Scylla explained, crouching down so she was eye level with Vincent. "Does that make sense?" She smiled kindly, and her eyes lit up when Vincent nodded. "Good!  What're you doing here though, sweetie? Aren't you a little young to be hanging around here?"

"He's the newest addition to our organization. You'll make note not to get involved in things you don't belong in again, Scylla." A deep voice threatened from behind Scylla, and a large man appeared suddenly in between Vincent and Scylla.

Vincent took a small step away from the man, and the sound of his foot coming down on the grass caused the man to turn to face him. A small sound of fear escaped Vincent's throat, causing an evil sneer to develop on the face of the man.

"So, you're finally almost 8, huh?" The man spoke to Vincent, but stayed looming above him. "I've decided we'll start training you a bit early, as it seems you've a liking for weapons anyhow." His gaze lingered on Vincent a moment longer before turning to Voxis. "What have you noticed about him? Has he any special talents?"

Voxis thought for a moment before replying, thinking over the time she'd spent with Vincent. "He seems to have a good arm. He can throw quite well. He's also fantastic with a bow, but you yourself have said that bows are worthless in battle, sir." Voxis paused for a moment, thinking again. "He also seems to have a fascination with swords."

The man considered her remarks, his black eyes focused on her face. "Train him with throwing axes. He should be strong enough to handle them with ease. Teach him swordsmanship as well." He turned his gaze back to the young boy, examining him. "He'll take some work, but we'll get him there...probably." He stood in silence for a few moments before remembering that Scylla was still there. "You, get the hell out of here. You don't belong here." After giving Scylla a look that would have killed her if such a thing was possible, he disappeared.

Scylla looked to Voxis, sighed, then bent down to be level with Vincent again. "You be careful around that man, okay? I'll make sure to come and check on you again when its safe." She ruffled his hair and smiled. "You'll do well here, Vincent." She stood again and walked over to Voxis. "Be good to him. He's little." She hugged her, whispering something in Voxis' ear that made her laugh quietly.

As the whispering continued, though, Voxis stopped smiling and simply nodded to the remarks being made in her ear. After a few moments, Scylla gave Voxis a kiss on the cheek, and turned to leave. Vincent ran up to her and hugged her tightly, and told her how he'd be looking forward to seeing her again, which roused a smile from the young sea monster.

When she was gone, Voxis turned to Vincent. "That was our leader, Cipher. It seems he's taken special interest in you." She was quiet for a moment, with a look of quiet concern upon her face. She shook her head and took Vincent's hand. "Let's get started then."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:07:04 am by Lunaris »
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

Offline antiaverage

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1254774#msg1254774
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 12:53:15 am »
Posting to follow :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 01:14:56 am by antiaverage »
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Re: Z - The Story of a Young Assassin https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61187.msg1255132#msg1255132
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 05:41:28 pm »
What do you guys want to see in the future of this story? I'm a at a bit of a loss where to go with the next chapter and would love to hear your ideas.
Team GFY | Brawl #7
Go read my story here!

anything
blarg: Amashi