*Author

Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351467#msg351467
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:13:41 pm »
Chapter 8
The Raid and the Results
The 45,000 troops given to Titanius were mainly composed of shriekers and antlions for their ability to burrow under the port and tear the Water base apart. The rest were former seamen from various nations who for one reason or another decided to join the Sildran Empire. After a 5 day march, under the cover of darkness, the first shriekers and antlions burrowed into the ground and raced toward the port with astounding speed. Within 3 hours, the port was completely destroyed and 150 warships were captured by Titanius' army. The victory was amazingly decisive.  It was considered a huge success and Sildran rejoiced.

However, the Water League was not just angry at this, they were absolutely infuriated. They swore that Sildran must be burnt to the ground and King Sildras killed for doing such a treacherous thing (it wasn't really treacherous at all, there was no agreed on alliance to begin with. It, however, was still an act of war).  The Water League prepared its army of archers, arctic dragons, abyss crawlers, and ulitharids to engage the armies of King Sildras. On a plain 50 miles south of Sildran, the two armies engaged in a battle. King Sildras' army was composed of crimson dragons, shriekers, antlions, and archers. This battle would end in catastrophic disaster for the Water League.

The battle started with the arctic dragons charging their crimson counterparts, the crimson dragons' volleys of flame melted the ice armor that protected the artic dragons and made them vulnerable to arrow fire. King Sildras' archers shot the dragons down by the dozen. The crawlers and ulitharids attempted to charge but the burrowed shriekers and antlions ambushed them and make them easy targets. The Water League forces then proceeded to dissolve into absolute panic. The crimson dragons then literally roasted the retreating forces. King Sildras had achieved a victory greater then King Trisan over the Entropy League. King Sildras' army endured virtually no losses, while the Water League's army ended up as nothing short of absolute obliteration. King Sildras had finally taken down a major power in battle. But fate would soon take a turn for the worse...far worse   

Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351517#msg351517
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:44 am »
Chapter 9
Disaster
There was celebration of a week in the Sildran Empire to celebrate the defeat of the Water League. However, on the last day...15 water assassins sneaked into Sildran and surrounded the imperial palace.  At 9 o'clock, the assassins burst through the doors and shot arrows into anyone they saw. They then burst into the council room, where they shot 4 generals and King Sildras before Titanius and the other 4 generals overpowered the assassins. King Sildras and the other generals died before they could recover from their wounds. The celebrations quickly turned to mourning as King Sildras was known as a powerful and good monarch. The 5 generals left were forced to quickly come up with a solution to prevent anarchy.

There was one big problem with heirs, King Sildras had 5 sons, but 4 were dead by now from various causes and the 5th son was committed to a mental asylum. after a fit of insanity. The five generals met and after several hours of debate into the early morning, it was decided that the Sildran Empire be split into 5 equal parts and each general would be ruler of one section. As Titanius was the youngest of the generals, he was forced into taking the share closest to the Prisan Empire, making him the most vulnerable to attacks from King Trisan. Titanius begrudgingly accepted his share and the next morning. he left Sildran.

In 3 days, he arrived in Yurslo, a town of 70,000 in the northwest corner of the old Sildran Empire. Titanius took up the title Emperor Arizada and set up his capital at Yurslo. He named his section Arizadan  He ordered a militia be organized immediately, every able person able to wield a sword or a bow was required to be armed and prepared for an attack any time. The Prisan border was only 43 miles away at the closest point. Emperor Arizada used the funds from his to buy 1,000 pegasi to be ridden in battle. Defensive fortifications were made first priority, and only armor and weapons could be built in the factories. Within weeks, he had a properly trained army of 50,000 soldiers composed of archers, warriors, and pegasi riders ready for combat. Turns out, it wasn't a second too soon...   

Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351680#msg351680
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 01:53:48 pm »
Chapter 10
The Test and Expansion
The test for Emperor Arizada soon came...King Trisan's army of gnome riders and azure dragons arrived near the border. Arizada marched his army to meet them. King Trisan suggested that Arizada surrender and let his "superior" forces take Arizada. Emperor Arizada ordered an archer to attempt to shoot King Trisan to demostrate his anger. King Trisan got so enraged by this and ordered that one of his dragons to kill Emperor Arizada. The dragon was quickly shot down by an archer, and massive arrow barrage was rained on King Trisan's forces. King Trisan responded with a charge of gnome riders and the battle started.

The gnome riders engaged the warriors with their steeds going berserk.  The center of Arizada's army began to give way but the flanks surrounded the gnome riders. A counterattack was made and the first 3 waves of riders were slaughtered. The pegasi riders and the dragons fought a fierce battle in the sky but the riders' agility helped dodge the dragons' talons while launching arrow after arrow into the dragons' bodies. Trisan then personally lead a charge of gnome riders into the ranks of warriors and archers.  The warriors calmly held the line while the arrows rained down on the gnomes. King Trisan was shot by 4 arrows and stabbed by a warrior. Without their king, the gnomes panicked, only to be killed by the diving pegasi.

With King Trisan dead, Emperor Arizada marched into Astinr (the capital of the Prisan Empire) without incident. He expanded Arizadan to twice its size and made a new capital at Astinr as the city was bigger and more suited for a military base. He had only lost 50 pegsi riders, 900 warriors, and no archers. 4 new barracks were erected. 1 dragon nest was created, along with 7 rider stations. Arizada had captured the major fort in the city so he started repairing the walls and upgrading the artillery inside.  Emperor Arizada started focusing on his economy as the war had drained production of resources and poverty had shot up to 34% of the population. Riots were on the brink of starting in 17 villages and Arizada sought an easy solution for a win-win situation. Meanwhile...Louis and Eveliea were somewhere...somewhere, they had not seen Titanius since the assassination of King Sildras...and thus they decided to search for him...but with no idea where he is...it soon becomes complicated...very complicated...

Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351791#msg351791
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 05:45:42 pm »
Chapter 11
Louis and Eveliea

Offline Thalas

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Thalas is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351826#msg351826
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:14 pm »
I'll be honest, your writing is boring. As the reader I'm feeling like I took some newspapers and started reading. No dialogues, too brief description and as reader I wasn't dragged into your world at all (sorry if your intention is to write like this). I don't want to criticize you, that's only my opinion.
I won't rate your story, because I read only about half of this and I was only reviewing your writing

Re: The Elements, the Empires, the War. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27568.msg351854#msg351854
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:17:14 pm »
Writing is something I was never particularly good at it lol...so this is more or less an experimentation of my thoughts and an attempt if you will. Yeah..I'm sure a lot of people could write better than I could but I just wanted to write my own story. I'm sincerely if it's boring lol

FoR
P.S. no offense taken

blarg: