*Author

Delreich

Solar Shield | Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg16967#msg16967
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:43:12 am »

EDIT by xdude: changed the photos to reflect the newest changes

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg38642#msg38642
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:18:43 pm »
Cheap and effective, gets the job done if you're going mono-light and in need of a cheap shield.
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline ODSTRookie

• Reputation Power: 0
  • ODSTRookie is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg75668#msg75668
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:03 am »
THis may be late but this shield needs some form of buff. ! quanta for -1 damage. Big whoop sometimes paying more for better things is just worth it.
I decided to "drop" back in

Phdinpain

Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg155744#msg155744
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:29:27 pm »
This shield should be the only one in the game to reflect poisons and maintain the low minus 1 dmg. Mirror shield is not ass effective as any other shield out there.

Idea 1: Mirror shield does not stop the dmg from hitting you but duplicates it onto the caster as well.

Idead2: Mirror shield reflects all casts to include poisons. If the Poison card is played then the HP's should be poisoned. If a creature poisons you then that creature is poisoned instead.

Idea 3: Adding another shield and boosting this shield to 2 dmg reduction. The new shield would be Refracting shield Aether or Light. All casts are redirected to a creature or player.

Just a thought becuase no one likes this shield as it is and the other shields just dominate it.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg155751#msg155751
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:45:44 pm »
This shield should be the only one in the game to reflect poisons and maintain the low minus 1 dmg. Mirror shield is not ass effective as any other shield out there.

Idea 1: Mirror shield does not stop the dmg from hitting you but duplicates it onto the caster as well.

Idead2: Mirror shield reflects all casts to include poisons. If the Poison card is played then the HP's should be poisoned. If a creature poisons you then that creature is poisoned instead.

Idea 3: Adding another shield and boosting this shield to 2 dmg reduction. The new shield would be Refracting shield Aether or Light. All casts are redirected to a creature or player.

Just a thought becuase no one likes this shield as it is and the other shields just dominate it.
You do realize this thread is about Solar Shield/Solar Buckler, right?
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Phdinpain

Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg156407#msg156407
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 02:36:31 pm »
Well im a giant retard.... sigh

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg156456#msg156456
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 03:25:48 pm »
Well im a giant retard.... sigh
It's alright, we all have our moments  :).
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Nepycros

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Nepycros is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • My creativity was OP, so I had to nerf it.
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg163218#msg163218
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 11:52:22 pm »
Not to try to Nerf Solar Shield but... Solar Shield relies on solar power to work yes? And Nightfall is the absence of solar power... so shouldn't Nightfall negate Solar Shield?
Perception is the source of misunderstanding.

Why, yes. I do have a Mindgate necklace. It's how I ninja everyone.

Offline xdude

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.xdude is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Rage potting a light dragon only makes it stronger
  • Awards: 5th Trials - Master of Light2nd Trials - Master of Light1st Trials - Master of Light1st Place SS Competition #2
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg163402#msg163402
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 07:00:27 am »
Not to try to Nerf Solar Shield but... Solar Shield relies on solar power to work yes? And Nightfall is the absence of solar power... so shouldn't Nightfall negate Solar Shield?
And frogs should swim. and Dragons should fly and attack from behind you and your shield. Unless it's a Tuesday or a Thursday, when they only do half their damage. But, in the weekends, they do DOUBLE damage.

Look, I don't want to be too mean, but I think you're over complicating things here. It's just a ccg, remember?
Personal text by Cheesy
When I first started elements I was a noob. Now I'm a noob in only 11 parts of it. The unimportant ones.
Saying Elements cards are just pixels is like saying Dollars are just paper.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Solar Shield / Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg163425#msg163425
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:08:56 am »
Fairly sure it's reasonable to consider Light elementals capable of creating light. I do like the buff suggestions I've seen of this however. Adding charges for Holy Light ftw.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Solar Shield | Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg226382#msg226382
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 06:46:26 am »
Cost increased and now produces :light for every point of damage prevented.

(http://imageplay.net/)

Discuss.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Re: Solar Shield | Solar Buckler https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2010.msg226385#msg226385
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 06:48:12 am »
Cost increased and now produces :light for every point of damage prevented.

(http://imageplay.net/)

Discuss.
WOOT MAJOR BUFF!!

Now we can just shove this in any deck and put in some miracles, and we'll have a lot of health to throw around.

Is poison converted to  :light too?

anything
blarg: