*Author

Offline GlitchTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26935#msg26935
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:39 pm »
I get SO TIRED of vampire dagger being bashed.  Everyone says it's the worse weapon in the game, yadda yadda.  But in reality, a Vampire Dagger based deck is better than divine glory.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7t4 7ta 7ta 7tb 7tb 7tb 7tb 7tb 7tb 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 7td 8pt

This is your bare bones set up.  It doesn't have any shields, any steals, any drain lifes for creature control, nothing.  All it has are the cards you'll need.  So we've got six 4|4 Vampire Daggers, and six 4|3 vampires, for a total of twelve vampires that do four damage, remember this now.

Divine glory has 12 attack cards in it, it's twelve morning glories.    These do eight damage a piece.  It simply hammers you with them until you die, using miracles to save it's ass when it needs to.  So it has twelve 8|4 immortals.  Remember this now.

Morning glory costs 5 light quantums to play, plus the 1 quantum to make it fly.  Vampire Dagger costs 2 dark quantums to play, plus the 1 quantum to make it fly.  Morning Glory costs 6 total, Vampire Dagger costs half that.

Now let's play a fictional match, morning glory versus Vampire Dagger.

Morning Glory hits you for eight.
You hit Morning Glory for four, and heal four.
You are now tied at 96 life a piece.

The battle goes like that for some time.  You will hit Morning Glory for the exact same amount it hits you, for half the mana.  And if both of you have the same amount of mana, you can drop two Vampire Daggers a turn, keeping yourself at mastery for some time.

Moving large scale, you also have Vampires, another four damage and four healing, which will match a morning glory, and it costs the exact same amount!  But you don't need any animate weapons to do it, so it's STILL faster.  And with six daggers and six vampires, you can have twelve creatures that do four damage and four healing a turn, matching your opponents damage, for approximately 2/3 of the quantum.

The tipping point are the eclipses.  If you play a single eclipse, your four damage and four healing becomes six damage and six healing, which means that vampire dagger is now better than morning glory by four damage.  (It does eight.  You deal six and heal six.  You've taken two, it's taken six).  On a large scale, your vampires once fully deployed are better than his morning glories once fully deployed.  But that's only if you're stupid.

If you are smart, you'll wait until he's about to die to play the eclipse.  This surprise will mean he doesn't play a miracle, and gets killed quickly.  If you do it right, this happens:

(I know it looks like he's about to kill me, but it's my turn.  If you don't believe me, look at the little "done" button at the top)

Or you could just stick a steal or two in the deck, prevent him from getting fire quantums, and play the eclipse from the start.

So please, stop bashing Vampire Dagger.  Simply because you are too simple minded to see the long term effects of it's healing doesn't mean that healing isn't there.  You can match his damage at 2/3 of the cost, and because half of your damage is creatures, you don't rely on a combo to do it, and are way faster than he is.  You only need one creature for his every creature to keep up, and a small advantage of four damage doubles because of the healing.  And when you shock him with an eclipse, it's game over.

In summary, it's cheaper, faster, gets more masteries, can deal more damage, and gives you more protection.

Vampire Dagger is far superior to Morning Glory, and Morning Glory has an entire false god based around it's power.  Vampire Dagger is better, and I'd appreciate if you'd stop treating it like the runt of the litter.  Because it'll kick your ass any day.

Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:59:37 am by willng3 »

Offline Baily18

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Baily18 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26936#msg26936
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »
Well, haven't heard Morning Glory being compared to vampire dagger. But try that deck vs a Druidic Staff Adrenaline, (all upped cept for staves) and it'll basicly tie. People say that ONE vamp dagger Would be less efficient then Morning glory. Plus lets see, You'll need 1 animate, 1 eclipse, 1 vampire and 1 vampire dagger to overpower ONE glory.

• Legendary Member
  • Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.Glitch walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Awards: 1st Trials - Master of LifeElements Short Story Competition WinnerPoetry in the Spirit of Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26937#msg26937
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:47:19 pm »
No.  You need one vampire dagger to match one morning glory.  Add a single ecclipse, or vampire to overpower it.  Get all of those and you'll kick ass.  Plus they cost less mana.

Druidic Staff will deal two damage and heal you for five for two mana, which matches the dagger.  The dagger does 4 damage and heals you for four each turn.  4 + 4 = 8, or a total of eight life points gained/lost with the dagger.  2 + 5 = 7, so seven life points gained/lost with the staff.  8 > 7.

Adrenaline is a great card, and combined with the staff it will overpower a dagger.  So yea, I suppose a life deck like that would win.  But I think that's a convoluted point, and doesn't mean you can call the dagger an underpowered waste of a card.

Levgre

Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26939#msg26939
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »
The benefit of Morning Glory is it is untargetable.  I prefer it to Vampire Dagger greatly.

• Legendary Member
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26941#msg26941
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:54:55 pm »
Right.  Which I honestly believe is bullshit.

Why is it the only card that can target untargetable cards is flying weapon?  I mean, what the hell?  I can't steal your weapon, I can't target your weapon, but you can target it to make it fly?  That's bullshit.

Offline Baily18

• New to Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26943#msg26943
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 06:56:57 pm »
Right.  Which I honestly believe is bullshit.

Why is it the only card that can target untargetable cards is flying weapon?  I mean, what the hell?  I can't steal your weapon, I can't target your weapon, but you can target it to make it fly?  That's bullshit.
You are not targeting the weapon. Flying weapon targets whatever is in the weapon slot, Not the weapon.

• Legendary Member
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26944#msg26944
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »
Rain of Fire doesn't target it either, but morning glory isn't hit.

Offline Baily18

• New to Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26945#msg26945
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:59:37 pm »
Actually, being more specific, Read the text of morning glory. "Cannot be destroyed or stolen." Destroyed is the same thing as being killed, in my mind.

• Legendary Member
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26947#msg26947
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »
Then why can't I hit it with parallel universe?

Offline Baily18

• New to Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26950#msg26950
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 07:04:21 pm »
Personally, i think you shouldn't be able too because it would be kindof overpowered.

• Legendary Member
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26952#msg26952
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 07:06:12 pm »
Well, if I can't hit it with parallel universe, why can you hit it with flying weapon?!

Offline Baily18

• New to Elements
Re: Vampire Dagger versus Morning Glory https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=3149.msg26953#msg26953
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 07:08:03 pm »
Like i said before, Flying weapon targets the weapon slot.

blarg: Glitch