*Author

Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg416477#msg416477
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:21:56 pm »
So I'm trying to figure out exactly what I've done wrong. Donated 20 bucks to Elements last night - I figure I've sunk more time into it than most of the monthly subscrip MMOs, right - and supposedly this should have generated a total of 4? gift codes for me. Ironically, I was probably going to host a tournament for my students here in my classroom and give the codes out to them, but alas, I have not received any?

Neither of the emails I got from Paypal work, nor did the receipt number it gave me immediately after donating, and I don't appear to have gotten any other communication or correspondence.

Wrote games.elements@gmail.com and got back an automated reply which basically said "Yeah, we don't really answer these, sorry."

So uh, I'm not quite annoyed, yet anyhow, but how am I to reasonably resolve this?

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg416483#msg416483
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:29:55 pm »
Wrote games.elements@gmail.com and got back an automated reply which basically said "Yeah, we don't really answer these, sorry."

Really?

So I'm trying to figure out exactly what I've done wrong. Donated 20 bucks to Elements last night - I figure I've sunk more time into it than most of the monthly subscrip MMOs, right - and supposedly this should have generated a total of 4? gift codes for me.
Donate 4 times 5 $ to receive 4 gift codes.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg416488#msg416488
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »
Well, it's interesting - and somewhat frustrating - to note that I can't just donate 20 for 4 codes, but fine, whatever, maybe I'll donate 20 more in 5 dollar segments next month.

As for the other bit:

Quote from: Elements Automated Response
Hi,

Thank you for your email, this is an automatically generated message.
The amount of emails we are receiving made it impossible to answer all
of them.

If you are looking for the official elements website, with the last
version and the pvp/highscore features, you can find it here:

http://www.elementsthegame.com

If you are writing about some other problem/suggestion our developers
will add every comment to our suggestions pool and everything is read
and considered while working on the new game versions.
....that's pretty much how I read that email, yeah.  :) At the very least, shouldn't I have gotten one code somewhere? I dunno, I feel like if you want to give someone money (and they give you a shiny gift in return) the process should be straightforward/transparent/etc. Like I said before, not exactly angry, but this has been a tad not cool. ;)

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg416497#msg416497
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »
Right after you finish donating the money, the browser should direct you to a page where a code is clearly shown. Surely you didn't close the browser before that?
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

blacob

Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg419490#msg419490
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 05:26:48 pm »
I am having a similar issue.  I donated 60 dollars this saturday, not only because i love elements and i want to see it keep going, but also because i wanted to pick up sets of shard of sacrifice and shard of serendipity.  I haven't gotten these codes through email or through anything like that and I don't see any way to reverse the paypal transaction at this point. 

I would REALLY like to see my money accomplish something at this point.  I have even emailed zanz's customer service email address that he has listed on paypal and I haven't received any responses yet.  Any ideas about who to get in touch with or what to do would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg419496#msg419496
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
Right after you finish donating the money, the browser should direct you to a page where a code is clearly shown. Surely you didn't close the browser before that?
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

blacob

Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg419503#msg419503
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »
that's what some people have been telling me.  Other people have been telling me that they send it to you in an email.  I hope I really didn't just waste 60 dollars just because i didn't copy paste the codes right away.  I thought that, for sure, there was a safer and more secure way to send you the codes than to just pop them up in a window.

blacob

Re: Donation error? No gift codes received at all? Do I have the dumb? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32949.msg420351#msg420351
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:11 pm »
that's what some people have been telling me.  Other people have been telling me that they send it to you in an email.  I hope I really didn't just waste 60 dollars just because i didn't copy paste the codes right away.  I thought that, for sure, there was a safer and more secure way to send you the codes than to just pop them up in a window.
Ok, I got an email from zanz a few days ago and now I have the codes that I payed for :D  zanz was very helpful, he just hadn't noticed my email for a few days. 

blarg: