*Author

Offline OldTreesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360759#msg360759
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2011, 07:32:44 pm »
It will also be used by quanta usage heavy decks (few Quantum Generators)
I disagree. If you have few Quantum Generators the LAST thing you want is to use a card that slows you down even MORE and WASTES quanta for a lot of time. You'll be heavily outrushed.
If you have few quantum generators you want them to produce more quanta or produce quanta faster than pillars.
Stalling is needed for the first. Rushing is needed for the second.
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Intelligence is overrated.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360769#msg360769
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2011, 07:41:43 pm »
I disagree. If you have few Quantum Generators the LAST thing you want is to use a card that slows you down even MORE and WASTES quanta for a lot of time. You'll be heavily outrushed.
If you have few quantum generators you want them to produce more quanta or produce quanta faster than pillars.
Yes, but playing Primal Quantum in a deck slows it down considerably until you reach a point where it becomes broken profitable. Therefore, you will need stalling, not rushing. And the stalls that benefit from lots of quanta are the ones you showed.
[18:21:43] jmdt: elements is just math over top of a GUI
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

• Legendary Member
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360782#msg360782
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »
Yes, but playing Primal Quantum in a deck slows it down considerably until you reach a point where it becomes broken profitable. Therefore, you will need stalling, not rushing. And the stalls that benefit from lots of quanta are the ones you showed.
I think that a few other possible ones like Activated ability control decks that currently are too quanta starved. However the major players as dictated by the core design will be Dragon Fractal, Bolt and Dissipation Shield
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
  • The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.The_Mormegil is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherTeam PvP WinnerNew Slot Winner - FamiliarDeadly Sin Winner - GluttonyFirst Budosei of BudokanWinner of Revive the Archive
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360785#msg360785
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2011, 08:07:25 pm »
I think that a few other possible ones like Activated ability control decks that currently are too quanta starved. However the major players as dictated by the core design will be Dragon Fractal, Bolt and Dissipation Shield
I have still to see an Entropy deck that has Activated ability cost problems... Besides, SoR.
Kakerlake: I believe that there is no God as in something that can think by itself and does stuff that sounds way OP.

• Legendary Member
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360789#msg360789
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »
I have still to see an Entropy deck that has Activated ability cost problems... Besides, SoR.
I had previously suggest that PQ no longer be Entropy due to the shield. Flying/Endowed Weapons with activated abilities Control was one possible idea.

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360819#msg360819
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »
I had previously suggest that PQ no longer be Entropy due to the shield. Flying/Endowed Weapons with activated abilities Control was one possible idea.
Changing the element would change the possible applications of the card a lot. What element should it be, then?

• Legendary Member
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360823#msg360823
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:30 pm »
Changing the element would change the possible applications of the card a lot. What element should it be, then?
yeah, after the change to the entropy shield, this is more powerful in mono-entropy than in a duo-trio-quarto, which was its intended use. 
Any element that does not Greatly directly benefit from quanta accumulation.
I can think of 2 so far:
Earth for Construction theme
Life for Growth theme (Life already has Rustler for a special QG)

Offline The_Mormegil

• Legendary Member
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360829#msg360829
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2011, 09:07:04 pm »
yeah, after the change to the entropy shield, this is more powerful in mono-entropy than in a duo-trio-quarto, which was its intended use. 
Any element that does not Greatly directly benefit from quanta accumulation.
I can think of 2 so far:
Earth for Construction theme
Life for Growth theme (Life already has Rustler for a special QG)
Earth has StoneSkin -> :life it is?

• Legendary Member
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg360833#msg360833
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2011, 09:10:54 pm »
 :-[ I forgot StoneSkin?
Sounds like Life would work.

Offline moomoose

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.moomoose is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • I'm big in Japan.
  • Awards: Winner of the Mark Redesign competition!
Re: Project: Quantum Generators https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25097.msg361154#msg361154
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2011, 02:56:54 pm »
life works for me, could change the name to primordial quantum to make it sound more sciencey/biologyish.
moose dont say moo.

blarg: