*Author

Offline EspithelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175630#msg1175630
« on: January 12, 2015, 07:26:36 am »
TL;DR: This deck idea should work. It doesn't want to work. It's angering me. Someone make it work.
Would post in deck help, but would a deck this unfinished really count to go into deck help?

... Hi.
My name is Frozengaia, and I'm really, really angry right now. When I'm angry, I ramble a great deal, almost to the point where I pretend that you don't know who I am and reintroduce myself as some kind of alter-ego, but I need to get this out of my system.

My main kink with elements is taking really, really bad ideas - Skeleton RT, Virus SouFflé Fractal, Smallbow lucihope... And trying to get them to work. I'm a big fan of inefficiency, in a way.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u8 6u8 6u8 6u8 6ug 6ug 6ug 6ug

This is The Inefficient Pulvy, or TIP.
I have been trying to make this little idea work for about two months, now.
The deck strategy goes like this:
Play a butterfly effected singularity as quickly as possible, and stop it from murdering you by spamming antimatter onto it with the purple nymphs.
Then proceed to use the singularity as a scary pulverizer, and kill the enemy by method X.
What is method X?
I have no clue.

This deck can work. I know it can.
Spoiler for Very Angry Rant:
BUT IT REFUSES TO LISTEN TO REASON
AND IT'S DRIVING ME SO CRAZY
I WANT TO GET AN ACTUAL PULVERIZER AND SMASH THIS IDEA TO OBLIVION
BUT NO
IT TAUNTS ME CONSTANTLY
IT DEMANDS
DEMANDS
THAT I SOLVE IT NO MATTER WHAT
AND MY BRAIN WON'T LET IT GO
BECAUSE MY BRAIN HATES ME
(Wouldn't my brain hate itself then?)

I've tried adrenaline (on the nymphs), only to have the nymphs smegged up by a rage potion
I've tried SoPa to contain the singus - due to my constant antimattering of them, they get bigger and bigger and bigger...
I've tried quintessence, only to have the quints not be able to be drawn due to supernova being a goit
I've tried SoR
I've tried decking out the enemy
I've tried catapult

Nothing, NOTHING works. But something there, SOMETHING, is possible.
I know it
But no
NOoojhbixdtjhxzftk
It just won't let me touch its glorious innards
Why do you torment me so, TIP

... *Coughs and apologises profusely*

Anyway, I give up.
And I'm going to beg without any form of diginity - Can someone please make this wretched abomination able to grind AI2-3,  with what its doing - singularity pulveriser - as its main wincon?

Thank you for your time. Sorry for ranting in your ear.
And now you may leave and do your task.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:05:25 am by Frozengaia »

Offline Elbirn

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Elbirn is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeThe Age of Random Cards Competition - Winner
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175631#msg1175631
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 07:55:06 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to use mutations on the singularities instead? That'd probably help the damage output as well. And if you're using supernovae, you're going to have a lot of quanta. You could very easily make this into a rainbow instead of focusing so strongly on the BE combo.
:air Team Air War#7 :air
:air Team Air War#6 :air
:darkness Founding member of Darkness Guild :darkness

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175632#msg1175632
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 07:56:00 am »
Wouldn't it be easier to use mutations on the singularities instead? That'd probably help the damage output as well. And if you're using supernovae, you're going to have a lot of quanta. You could very easily make this into a rainbow instead of focusing so strongly on the BE combo.
You're being too efficient :P
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline EspithelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175633#msg1175633
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:02:19 am »

But then I wouldn't be using butterfly effect on a singularity, and proceeding to use that singularity as a pulveriser.

Another reason this isn't in deck help is because the deck itself is supposed to be bad - I'm trying to take something that's really terrible and make it playable. There's no point to what I'm doing if I don't focus so strongly on the BE combo - that's the entire point of this exercise.

As for using a rainbow as a means to get the BE combo working, the problem is:
I have to use supernovas alone to get non-entropy quanta if I want to get my nymphs out quickly. This is a lot more limiting than it sounds.

Although, if you mean AFTER I've pulvied the enemy, it could work fine.
I struggle the most getting the combo out in the first place, though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:08:42 am by Frozengaia »

Offline Devourer

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Devourer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • 2Kool4U
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175636#msg1175636
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 08:15:33 am »
The Lycanthropes you had earlier were a good addition. SoPa+Catapult and some Precogs might help. Then we have 5 elements used out of 12 instead of only 1. 1-2 of each is probably enough.
Are you feeling entropy strained in any incarnations?
There is a darkness inside every person. The only difference is how long it takes to come out.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175637#msg1175637
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:49 am »
With the extra quanta, having flying pulvys and explosions would help

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175638#msg1175638
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:14:53 am »
I don't find this fun, actually. BE is a very strong card IF you know in what kind of meta to put it and how to use it.
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175639#msg1175639
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:33 am »
I don't find this fun, actually. BE is a very strong card IF you know in what kind of meta to put it and how to use it.
The "meta" is AI2/3. The deck is intentionally based off of a bad combo (Singularity+BE). Frozen is trying to have fun by making weak combos into viable decks, considering there is little left to do in the form of deckbuilding.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline ARTHANASIOS

• Legendary Member
  • ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.ARTHANASIOS brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Cockatrices ftw!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Doomsday Device(TM)Weekly Tournament WinnerBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeElemental Warrior Competition Winner
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175640#msg1175640
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:10:01 am »
The "meta" is AI2/3. The deck is intentionally based off of a bad combo (Singularity+BE). Frozen is trying to have fun by making weak combos into viable decks, considering there is little left to do in the form of deckbuilding.

Hmm, I see. I missed the point of this topic a little bit. Ty. :)
Brawl #1 team :time, Brawl #2 team :fire, Brawl #3 team Silver Ferns, Brawl #4,7,8 Brawlmaster
War #8 team :life, War #10,11,12 team :light, Brawl #6 team FROGS :life

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175649#msg1175649
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:57:47 am »
You scared me, I thought this was a farewell post when I saw the title :X
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175690#msg1175690
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 06:12:13 pm »
Been there, done that, failed too :(

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: I give up. (The Inefficient Pulvy) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=57361.msg1175702#msg1175702
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 07:11:43 pm »
The main problem with this is that, if a Singularity quints itself or uses vampire on itself, you lose your BE skill. As such, this cannot work. However, it can still be made interesting if you use AM on your own Purple Nymph and proceed to BE -that-, and meanwhile attempt to use something like SoPa to stall singularities and go for a Singu OTK.

blarg: