*Author

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233312#msg1233312
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2016, 04:22:39 pm »
    • What is your opinion about guilds giving rewards, in the form of codes or icons, for the whole event? Since there is a plan to tie the whole guild system into the championship, does a casual yet whole-year event warrant an award for the whole team? If not, then what should be the scale of the rewards? Suggestions:
    Icons should be proportional to the number of participants, and until that number rises, anything more than one icon is excessive. Whether this icon goes to a guild-voted MVP or the guild leader is of less importance to me.

• Should there be a change to the size of guilds? 10 seems to give people a good chance at joining guilds casually, but the problem is that it's not giving them much opportunity to join events. However, this might also be a good thing as it does not force them with the obligation of joining every event.
    Possibly. You might have more accountability in terms of players participating in events.

• Non-PvP: It seems that there is more interest on tasks and puzzles instead of creative non-PvP, and since this will have less overlap with competitions and brawl, is this a welcome change?
    As always, depend on the time of non-PvP. I'm personally not much a fan of anything involving voting or other subjective means of determining a winner.
    Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
    • Reputation Power: 65
    • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
    • Top-Decking Words
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233314#msg1233314
    « Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »
    Yeah, I liked the puzzles and tasks much more, as they are more unique.

I did not like the vague "do something creative" part of the guild champs, because that kind of elements tribute style task is done in Brawl and Comps. I also agree that with many people on teams, any kind of voting would be a bad idea with regards to Non-PVP.

I like the idea of an MVP vote for the guild to decide who gets the icon. i don't like the idea of many many icons.

I also dislike the idea of guilds being ultra competitive. I think at the moment they have a good balance of well run, semi-competitive, but ultimately not hugely important. They allow players a sort of guild identity, promotes being social (I wouldn't have got to know dragtom so well if not for guild puzzle league) and are a fun way to smack-talk other guild players without being serious. Having one MVP icon go to the winning team would be a nice way to commemorate effort, but without making the whole thing too competitive.

Competitions!
    Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
    If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
    • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
    • Champion of the Silences Torn.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233320#msg1233320
    « Reply #50 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:31 pm »
    I don't think that having a single person in a guild getting the icon is a good idea, as it might cause conflict within a guild.
    Even if it is predetermined who gets it (guildleader), it'll feel like 'I worked hard for an icon that you end up having'.
    Either reward a whole guild with something, or, more likely, nobody.

I'm not opposed to include creative stuff in guilds.
    One thing guilds should focus on is teamwork.

finally, I agree with JCJ on the competitive part.
    be quick- time is quanta.

Offline theelkspeaksTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 35
    • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
    • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233322#msg1233322
    « Reply #51 on: May 19, 2016, 05:51:37 pm »
    I'm seeking feedback on the idea of semi-live guild events, and want to know how guilds' leaders would feel about the idea.

For those unfamiliar, the idea of a semi-live event is that each guild would choose a time that worked for them to start completing one or more challenges, and time taken would be at least a factor in the overall score.  The time  would only count for each guild from when that guild received the challenges, allowing guilds to choose a time which works for their members while still allowing speed to be a factor in the competition.
    Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
    Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
    Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
    My EtG Videos!

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
    • Reputation Power: 63
    • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233323#msg1233323
    « Reply #52 on: May 19, 2016, 05:51:58 pm »
    I don't think that having a single person in a guild getting the icon is a good idea, as it might cause conflict within a guild.
    Even if it is predetermined who gets it (guildleader), it'll feel like 'I worked hard for an icon that you end up having'.
    Either reward a whole guild with something, or, more likely, nobody.

I'm not opposed to include creative stuff in guilds.
    One thing guilds should focus on is teamwork.

finally, I agree with JCJ on the competitive part.

Fully agree with everything that's been said here.
    First player to become master of 3 different elements.
    WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
    Avvy by rob77dp
    Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline Sera

• Reputation Power: 0
    • Sera hides under a Cloak.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 1st Place
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1233625#msg1233625
    « Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »
    Rewards and competition: If we're keeping the current guild sizes, we are not giving rewards to the whole winning guild. This means we're either giving it to the MVP, or keeping it simply as a hall of fame in the guild section. And to make it not too stressful and competitive, I will adjust the pace of the planned system to make it more suitable.

Non-PvP: Overlap with Brawl and Competitions will be avoided, but creative non-PvP will not be ruled out. Personally, I also dislike a voting system given the varying levels of activity between the guilds, so that will be avoided as much as possible.

Offline worldwideweb3

• Master of Air
    • Reputation Power: 63
    • worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!worldwideweb3 shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2021.01.03.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.22.)14th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.06.28.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.03.)Elements League 3/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2018 1st PlaceWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of AetherElements: Academy WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2017 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #4 - PvP Event11th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 1/2017 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League and Championship League 3/2016 1st PlaceChampionship League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of GravityChampionship League 1/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2015 1st PlaceWar #8 Winner - Team FireBattle League 2/2014 2nd Place
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1252816#msg1252816
    « Reply #54 on: December 05, 2016, 03:02:51 am »
    May i recommend a private board for guilds if possible?
    First player to become master of 3 different elements.
    WC 2016 - #2. WC 2015 - #3 Devil's gate, Trinity, War #10, 12 lives - #2.
    Avvy by rob77dp
    Rightful winner of war #14 - Team Air

Offline asdw152

• Reputation Power: 11
    • asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asdw152 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
    • yes
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1252821#msg1252821
    « Reply #55 on: December 05, 2016, 03:34:08 am »
    Been wanting to join for a while now.
    Card pool:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14vrpqgzHPO2oM94PpGFnZ6xQZ-UNgaaHNblC0Roj2w4/edit?usp=sharing

No pref on anything, just want a sense of belonging
    Unstable Gas Can't Melt Steel Golems.
    War #10 Team Death
    War #11 Team Entropy
    War #12 War Master

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
    • Reputation Power: 61
    • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
    • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
    • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1254525#msg1254525
    « Reply #56 on: January 03, 2017, 02:07:02 am »
    So, uh... discussion and feedback.
    Well, there's one thing that I feel is worth mentioning: guilds feel kinda distant to me. Not being active when guilds became a thing is a huge factor, no doubt. But then I'm wondering: if I feel like that, how are newer members supposed to feel about it?
    I can't really tell and maybe guilds need more work in general before trying to reach a larger public, but... yeah. Just looking at the first two posts of this thread I see lists of rules, regulations and points. Nothing that welcomes players new to guilds with a brief overview of what's what and where to look. But it's called "Welcome to Guilds!". ...where's the welcoming committee?

Oh, for the record: that's not my obnoxious way of saying I'm interested in joining a guild, but rather: what are they about, and why should I want to join? What kind of commitments does it come with? Where do I find the fine print that says I'm signing my life away? The guilds I know from other games were mostly just a gathering point for my numerous alts! Me, myself and I: we always had great fun in guilds together.
    It's like by just naming it guilds, they're supposed to create a certain association that makes people go "Oh, guilds! I want in!". But this association is different for different people. To me, it currently just makes me feel indifferent. Yet the enthusiasm for it from some people make me wonder what it's all about. And the guild events, some seem fun enough.

Anyway, consider this some food for thought from a different perspective: one not currently involved in guilds.

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
    • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1272545#msg1272545
    « Reply #57 on: December 15, 2017, 10:39:41 pm »
    i know is hard and maybe impossible since half of the guilds has a really low amount of active players now, but

anyone ever think to bring guild to life for 2018?

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
    • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1272547#msg1272547
    « Reply #58 on: December 16, 2017, 12:15:07 am »
    i know is hard and maybe impossible since half of the guilds has a really low amount of active players now, but

anyone ever think to bring guild to life for 2018?
    Council has been discussing Guilds a lot over the past term. Someone has to step up with a clear, convincing vision for how they would solve the problems Guild had in the past. That is if we are to take the path of reviving it.
    Council is in early discussions of how we could possibly take the option of refocusing the community on something other than Guilds to improve the active community member numbers etc. I don't know how long that discussion will take. Due to how early in those discussions we are, I can't provide more details at this time.

Offline Manuel

• Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: Welcome to Guilds! - Rules, General Discussion and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58780.msg1274945#msg1274945
    « Reply #59 on: March 07, 2018, 09:27:42 pm »
    http://elementscommunity.org/forum/elements-council/currentfuture-council-projects/

so guilds are officially dead? not even trying to hire guildmasters and trying to see if they come out with something? a poll to see if someone want to form or be in new guilds? nothing?

blarg: