Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - evermore414 (38)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Card Ideas and Art / Re: Battlefield Golem | Frontlines Golem
« on: March 12, 2011, 08:27:17 am »
Made the description less wordy.  Thanks again.

Here is my reasoning behind the attack|health gain.  I envisioned this card being used in two different kinds of decks. 

The first type of deck would be where this card was used only to take out any potential weapons and shields the opponent might have and the main source of damage would come from other cards.  He's extremely squishy when he first comes out in order to give the opponent the chance to save their shields/weapons if they can.  In this scenario the ability will probably only get used once or twice if at all as the opponent wouldn't want to keep feeding it shields and weapons or may not even have any in their deck.  In this type of deck he would never get very powerful.

The second type of deck I imagined was where you fed the creature your own weapons and shields so that the creature becomes your main source of damage.  Kind of like an alternate version of a Flying Weapons deck.  So I'd like for the attack | health gain be set at something that would make this feasible.  I had considered maybe +4 attack for absorbing a weapon and +4 health for absorbing a shield but thought that might be too confusing. 

I guess I'll put up a poll and see what people think is the most balanced.  Thanks for the comments everyone!

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Minotaur | Minotaur of the Maze
« on: March 12, 2011, 07:45:26 am »
You are making the skill look like an active skill and that it targets a random permanent.. I'm pretty sure you want it to be activated manually. Also, it's too wordy. Since I'm an English nerd, I'll help you out here: "-insert quanta used here- : While this creature is in play, the target permanent cannot be destroyed. Absorb  :earth per turn."

-insert quanta used here- <<<< If no quanta is used, just put 0: in its place.
Fixed.  That does sound much better.  Thanks very much!

Card Ideas and Art / Battlefield Golem | Frontlines Golem
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:22:49 am »
NAME:
Battlefield Golem
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
5 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1|1
TEXT:
:gravity :gravity :gravity : Target shield or weapon is destroyed. Gain +2 l +2.
NAME:
Frontlines Golem
ELEMENT:
Gravity
COST:
4 :gravity
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
1|1
TEXT:
:gravity :gravity :gravity : Target shield or weapon is destroyed. Gain +2 l +2.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/575814
IDEA:
evermore414
NOTES:
The Battlefield Golem is a construct that roams from battle to battle incorporating the weapons and armor it finds into its own body growing stronger each time.  The ability is a limited Destroy that only affects permanents in the Weapon and Shield slots.  When the ability is used the Battlefield Golem also gains Growth (+2 / +2).
SERIES:

Card Ideas and Art / Minotaur | Minotaur of the Maze
« on: March 12, 2011, 06:03:09 am »
NAME:
Minotaur
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
4 :fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 2
TEXT:
:earth : While this creature is in play, the target permanent is cloaked.
Absorb ﷯ :earth per turn.
NAME:
Minotaur of the Maze
ELEMENT:
Fire
COST:
:fire
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
4 | 2
TEXT:
:earth : While this creature is in play, the target permanent is cloaked.
Absorb ﷯ :earth per turn.
ART:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CoMehbsYSac/TOSxrqXc3DI/AAAAAAAAASo/DQ-bnRNkjR0/s1600/minotaur.jpg
IDEA:
evermore414
NOTES:
The Minotaurs familiarity with Mazes allows it to cloak a permanent of its choosing from the opponents sight.  This ability can be used defensively to hide one of your permanents from your opponent.  Alternately it can be used offensively to hide one of your opponents own permanents from himself so that any active ability cannot be used, passive abilities function normally.  Minotaur cannot attack when guarding a permanent.

Very similar to my Sphinx idea except I thought it might be more fun to use a creature that was cheap and squishy.  I also liked the idea of having to decide whether you wanted to use it for attack or for the ability and when to do which.  Also I thought Cloak might work better for the ability than Enchant Artifact.  Originally I wanted to create a Minotaur that would use a Maze ability on another creature taking them both out of combat for 1 to 3 turns but it only seems right to use Earth for a Maze ability and Earth already has the Iridium Warden which does basically the same thing.
SERIES:

Anvil Archive / Re: Sunrise | Morning Sun [Added New Poll]
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »
I had a very similar idea last night.  Mine would have affected all life/light creatures though.  I don't think this would be OP for life rush decks since you couldn't guarantee drawing the card early without adding multiples to your deck.  And adding multiples of this card to your deck would greatly dilute a rush deck since playing a second card does nothing extra.  Another argument for the upgraded version being balanced with life rush decks is that this would be +1|+2 whereas Eclipse is +2|+1 and health is not as valuable as attack.  Also balancing it for life rushes is that there is no synergy with Adrenaline since adding Adrenaline on a 4 attack frog actually does less damage than with a 3 attack frog.

I think this is how Nightfall vs. Sunrise should work.  When Sunrise is played any Nightfalls already in play are destroyed and all death/darkness creatures are stunned for one turn.  When Nightfall is played any Sunrises already in play are destroyed and all light/life (maybe not life with your version of the card) are stunned for one round.  This would make for some epic back and forth play if two decks using these cards ran into each other.

Great card idea!

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Dawn|Morning
« on: March 10, 2011, 03:13:07 pm »
Dang it!  I had this exact same idea last night.  Good thing I checked to make sure no one beat me to the punch.  I was going to call it Break of Dawn and if Nightfall was also in play neither of their effects would work but I think I like the destroy bit even more.  Maybe what it should do is if Nightfall is already in play when this card is played then Nightfall is destroyed and all death/darkness creatures are stunned for one turn.  And Nightfall should have the same effect if this card is already in play.  That would make for some awesome back and forth if two decks based on these cards met up!

I don't think this is OP for the life or light rush decks because you can't guarantee that you will get the card early without putting multiples in your deck which really dilutes it since like Nightfall playing multiple versions does nothing extra.  Even though it has good synergy with cards like frogs and cockatrice spam, and ROL; Nightfall has similar synergy with cards like skeleton spam, pests, vampires, and deathstalkers.

Anyway, awesome card idea!  ;)  Congrats on beating me to it.

Card Ideas and Art / Re: Sphinx | Great Sphinx
« on: March 09, 2011, 05:22:09 am »
You're absolutely right.  I should have read some Wikipedia before I posted him.  I guess he is technically an Androsphinx huh?  Maybe I should change the name to Androsphinx | Great Sphinx?  Also the more I think about it the more I'm afraid he may be OP.  Maybe I should bump up his play cost another notch or increase his ability cost?  Maybe both?  I also thought about lowering his health but it seemed wrong for him to have less health than the Pharaoh card.

Card Ideas and Art / Sphinx | Great Sphinx
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:49:52 am »
NAME:
Sphinx
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
6 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2|12
TEXT:
:time :time : Timeless Guardian
Guard permanent until killed or another permanent is chosen.
NAME:
Great Sphinx
ELEMENT:
Time
COST:
5 :time
TYPE:
Creature
ATK|HP:
2 | 10
TEXT:
:time :time : Timeless Guardian
Guard permanent until killed or another permanent is chosen.
ART:
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/73404
IDEA:
evermore414
NOTES:
Used defensively the Timeless Guardian ability works exactly like the Enchant Artifact spell.  Used offensively the Sphinx will guard an opponents permanent preventing its active ability from being used, passive abilities function normally.  The Sphinx can only guard one permanent at a time.  Once the Sphinx is killed or removed from play the permanent it guarded is no longer protected.

I know there are some other Sphinx card ideas out there but when I think of the Sphinx I imagine it as the guardian of ancient structures with its ferocity and its riddles, with the iconic image being that of the Great Sphinx guarding the Pyramids of Giza.  I also liked the game concept of permanent protection that could be overcome by killing the creature that it stemmed from.  If the offensive ability is too confusing maybe I should drop it but I thought it made it even more interesting and I liked the idea of the Sphinx guarding a permanent from it's own creator.  This is my first card idea so I'm sure there's some things I should change, please tell me what you think.
SERIES:
None

Buff This Card! / Re: Flooding | Inundation
« on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »
I like the idea of either flooding the entire field and everything slowly drowning or the insta-death flood that slowly creeps up the field.  I'd definitely use the card if it was changed to either of these effects.

Movies & TV / Re: Elements Movie Challenge
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:12:54 am »
I'm gonna guess Underworld.  I enjoyed the Underworld movies much more than these Twilight movies, but what do I know.
Also, this sounds like a fun idea.  ;D

Movies & TV / Game of Thrones
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:01:23 am »
Is anyone else SUPER excited about the Game of Thrones show that's coming out in April?  These books have always been at the top of my all time favorites and I think if anyone can do them justice it's HBO.  If you haven't seen anything about it here is a short trailer.

(
)

And if you want to know more here is an extended trailer that also gives a really good explanation of what the show is about from the actors and creators.

(
)

On a related note, has anyone thought about adding a Media section here?  I'd be interested to see what shows, movies, music, etc. that other people here are excited about.

Auction Archive / evermore414
« on: March 05, 2011, 07:53:47 pm »
Buy A Slave   Please replace all the "***" with correct information.

Forum Nameevermore414
Chat Nameevermore414
In-Game Nameevermore414
Score119066
Electrum12840
Timezone (http://whatismytimezone.com/) (GMT)GMT -6
Usually Online (GMT)From GMT 11 to GMT 12
Favorite elements
1stanything
2ndanything
3rdanything
Preferred roles
1stanything
2ndanything
3rdanything
Non-Upgraded cards
:aether Aether        all
:air Air                     all
:darkness Darknessall
:death Death           all
:earth Earth             all
:entropy Entropy      all
:fire Fire                    all
:gravity Gravity         all
:life Life                     all
:light Light                all
:time Time                 all
:water Water            all
     Other                   all
Upgraded cards       
:aether Aether        73
:air Air                     38
:darkness Darkness69
:death Death           53
:earth Earth             44
:entropy Entropy      53
:fire Fire                    66
:gravity Gravity         38
:life Life                     61
:light Light                 50
:time Time                 51
:water Water            70
     Other                   34
Non-Upgraded Rares
:entropy Discord      all
:death Arsenic          all
:gravity Titan            all
:earth Pulverizer       all
:life Druidic Staff        all
:fire Fahrenheit           all
:water Trident             all
:water Arctic Squid      all
:light Morning Star       all
:light Miracle                 all
:air Owl's Eye               all
:time Eternity                all
:time Pharaoh               all
:darkness Vampire Stilettoall
:aether Lobotomizer     all
Non-Upgraded Nymphs
:aether Aether        0
:air Air                     1
:darkness Darkness1
:death Death           1
:earth Earth             1
:entropy Entropy      2
:fire Fire                    0
:gravity Gravity         0
:life Life                     0
:light Light                 0
:time Time                 1
:water Water            0
Why I would make a good War team member                                                             
I've been playing Elements consistently for a long while now.  Recently I've started playing more PvP and have enjoyed it.  I've started renovating a new house after work so I can't play like I used to but I'm pretty flexible and don't think I'll have any problems being online when I need to be.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
blarg: