Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PuppyChow (1577)

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132
Card Ideas and Art / PuppyChow's Spell Card Ideas
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

And early game, mark change WOULD hurt Rainbow decks by forcing them out of time quantum. Thus they have trouble drawing more cards with hourglasses and playing sundials.

Maybe killing off the creature is too much, now that you mention it. How about changes the element of the creature and does five damage if its dark.

Eclipse: +3/+2. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Improved Core: +0/+2 for Fire, +2/+0 for Earth, -1/-1 for Life, and costs more. Doesn't seem that broken to me.

Flood - The idea is that it could be a great card situationally (against mono-fire), but otherwise would most likely not help at all. It would be like protect artifact in god farming decks. Sure, it would help against seism, but against all other decks it would do practically nothing, and may even help the opponent.

Forest fire - The idea is to be a mass deflagration of life cards. I worded it wrong in my post; it was supposed to have the same effect for everyone.

Darken/Angelify - I'll take out the auto kill.

Quantum Shift WOULD only hurt Rainbow decks severely. I just don't think you understand its effect.

Let's say I have a Rainbow deck, middle-end game. I have 10+ quantum in every single element, and am thinking I'll win. Then the opponent plays Quantum Shift. A random element is chosen from a pool of all the elements I have, in this case lets say Dark gets chosen. ALL of my quantum are transferred to dark, so I now have 120+ Dark quantum and 0 other quantum.

Now let's say I have a dual deck, Air-Life. I'm running an FFQ deck and have all the queens I need out. I have 2 life quantum and 30 air quantum, and need more life to make more fireflies. Luckily for me, my opponent is stupid and plays Quantum Shift. A random element is chosen from the elements I have (so either Life or Air). Life gets chosen. All the quantum gets changed to life quantum, so I now have 32 life quantum and 0 air quantum.

Now let's say I have a mono deck, Fire, with 40 quantum. The opponent plays Quantum Shift, and it chooses the only element I have some in, fire (duh). Since I only have fire and all quantum I have are made in to fire, it has no effect. I still have 40 fire quantum.

They're not exactly any more difficult to code than the hero cards are. Almost all the hero cards have a new ability, just like these spell cards do. That's what makes them interesting.

I don't want to get into a debate about hero cards; overall I like them, but my cards are just simply cards. Your hero cards being able to only have one in the deck and only one on the board makes them complicated. The way to get them is complicated; mine would only need to be bought :P. And some of the cards abilities are complicated. Vampire Lord, Bazuul, and Rocky's abilities, for instance, are pretty complicated, but they're still good cards.

Just because a card is complicated doesn't mean it's bad. In fact, arguably the  best cards in the game are pretty complicated (Sundial, Animate Weapon...).

The message could be something "Changes every aspect of targeted creature to dark, and destroys light creatures"

And as do the balance of Quantum Freeze, I'm not going to debate costs, because I really should have left the costs blank. Zanz should be the one to decide on balance; he knows the game better than anyone.

Card Ideas and Art / Card ideas by Finale #3
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »

I just want to point out that Sundial, the staple of rainbow decks (including yours) has two abilities, one passive and one clicked on. So I've decided to change the abilities a little bit:

Earth Tree
Ability: Erosion(?): At the end of every one of your turns, two water quantums (one opponents', one yours) is changed into two earth quantums (both for you).
Ability: Plant (cost: 3 life): Make a seed.

Heavenly Tree
Ability: Sunlight (cost: 4 light quantum): Upgrade one seed, plant, or tree.
Ability: Reverse Photosynthesis: Converts two of your life quantum into two light quantum at the end of your turn.

This makes it mandatory that you lose two life and one water quantum at the end of every turn but gain earth and light, so it will factor in to strategy more, but I think it would work :p.

For one, I program in Java, and I don't think it would be too hard to enable multiple abilities. Then again, this is Flash, so I'm not sure how hard it would be. I still don't think it would be TOO hard.

And if it's a problem, then just make Flood cost 3 water (you still gain 3), and reverse photosynthesis cost 2 life (but make the skill actually only make 1 light, so it has the same effect). The cards aren't TOO complex.

I like the idea. How about they go like this:

Seed -> Plant -> Tree -> Earth Tree/Aqueous Tree/Heavenly Tree

The grow from tree -> xxx would cost eight earth, and you would be able to choose which to become. My names might suck, so... yeah.

Earth Tree
Element: Earth
Cost: 14 Earth Quantum
Attack/Hp: 4/19
Ability: Dry Mud (lol horrible name): Change one water quantum into an earth quantum, can be used multiple times per turn.
Ability: Plant (cost: 3 life): Make a seed.

Aqueous Tree
Element: Water
Cost: 14 Water Quantum
Attack/Hp: 10/13
Ability: Water Drain: At the end of each of your turns, suck up one random quantum of the opponent's and create two water quantum.
Ability: Flood (one use): Generate 6 water quantum, and then deal three damage to the opponent for every 6 water quantum in your possession.

Heavenly Tree
Element: Light
Cost: 14 Light Quantum
Attack/Hp: 11/12
Ability: Sunlight (cost: 4 light quantum): Upgrade one seed, plant, or tree.
Ability: Reverse Photosynthesis: Convert two life quantum into one light quantum. Can be used multiple times per turn.

This would allow for many combos. Make an aqueous tree first to gain water quantum, then make an earth tree and start planting/converting water to earth for upgrading, then make a heavenly tree for faster upgrades and as a use for the left over life quantum. If "Flood" is too overpowered due to the quantum creation, just not include it >_<.

Yes, they would require a lot of coding, but after the code is implemented zanz would have a lot more different types of skills to work with. I consider coding no object.

I would also argue they aren't as complicated as Hero cards (:P) and would add depth to creature type choice. Mono-fire might fall out of favor due to Flood/Tsunami, while Fire/Water dual decks could pick up steam. And some of them are more complicated in the topic then they would be in practice; likely, Darken and Angelify would simply say "Change the target creature's type to Dark/Light, and kills Light/Dark creatures." The only cards I really see being complicated are Forest Fire, Flood, Pollute, and Radioactivity, and that's mostly because they're new ideas. Fallen Elf seemed complicated to me until I actually used it  :-\.

That said, looking at it now, I agree pollute is overpowered. How about it pollutes two pillars for two turns, and then destroys them? Like before, there's only a vague attempt at balance.

Good idea with the upkeep cost, but something around 5-8 quantum (which would probably be the cost) would be a lot. Maybe something like 2-4 for the upkeep.

True; it turns a 5 attack creature into a fourteen attack creature for only 2 quantum.

But again, the numbers are preliminary; maybe it wouldn't give the attack bonus if done for real.

Just a few spell cards I came up with. The main premise of them is to make the type of a creature matter more; right now, the only use types have is the quantum cost of them (and in rare cases, Nightfall/Eclipse and such). I think they should have more bearing on the game in general. Of course, the costs and such aren't set in stone and shouldn't be seen as absolute; I just estimated myself how useful/powerful they would be and tried to choose accordingly.

Name: Updraft
Element: Air
Cost: 3 Air
Effect: Gives any creature with 5 or under attack the dive ability.
--
Upgrade: Greater Updraft
Element: Air
Cost: Updraft's cost - 1
Effect: Same
Notes: The five or under attack is to prevent 15 attack dragons from gaining the ability. Dive would cost two of the creature's element.

Name: Flood
Cost: 8 Water
Effect: All opponents creatures get one damage done. However, if an opponent's creature is fire, it is immediately destroyed, and opponent's water creatures gain +3/+4.
--
Upgrade: Tsunami
Cost: Flood's cost + 1-2
Effect: Same as above, but water creatures gain +5/+5 and a random permanent of the opponent's is destroyed.

Name: Forest Fire
Element: Fire
Cost: 8+ Fire
Effect: Causes one damage to all cards and all life card except for pillars are destroyed, including all empathic bonds and creatures.
---
Upgrade: Deadly Forest Fire
Element: Fire
Cost: Forest Fire's Cost - 1-2
Notes: Could potentially be overpowered against some decks but useless against others.

Name: Darken
Element: Dark
Cost: 2 Dark
Effect: Change target creature's element to dark. This creature's skill also now requires dark quantum. If the targeted creature is light, deal 3 damage to it.
---
Upgrade: Blacken
Element: Dark
Cost: Darken's Cost - 1
Notes: Basically a Dark lobotomy if the opponent doesn't run a rainbow deck. Or would be useful in destroying Miracle's dragons, as if Miracle wasn't easy enough.

Name: Pollute
Element: Death
Cost: 6 Death
Effect: Pollute's two of the target pillar cluster's pillars. This would make them go into a different stack and instead of gain quantum, they would take away quantum.  After three turns the polluted pillars are destroyed.
---
Upgrade: Improved Pollute
Element: Poison
Cost: Pollute's cost - 1-2
Effect: Same.

Name: Angelify
Cost: 2 Light
Effect: Change targeted creatures element to light. If the creature is Dark, deal 3 damage to it. (Skills for that creature now require light quantum).
---
Upgrade: Improved Angelify
Cost: 1 Light
Notes: Same premise as Darken.

Name: Lobotomy
Element: Aether
Cost: 1 Aether
Effect: Lobotomizes the enemy.
---
Upgrade: Wave of Lobotomization
Element: Aether
Cost: 8 Aether
Effect: Lobotomizes every creature of the opponent's.
Notes: While Lobotomy would not be very useful, the wave would be.

Name: Black Hole
Element: Gravity
Cost: 7 Gravity
Effect: At the end of each turn while this is in play, one pillar of the opponent's is destroyed. After five turns, the effect starts to happen to you, too.
---
Upgrade: White Hole
Element: Gravity
Cost: 9 Gravity
Effect: Lasts for six turns; at the end of each turn, one pillar of the opponent's is given to you.

Name: Core of the Earth (?)
Cost: 4 Earth
Effect: Earth creatures gain +1/+0, Fire creatures gain +0/+1. Life creatures get +0/-1.
---
Upgrade: Improved Core (?)
Cost: 6 Earth
Effect: Earth creatures gain +2/+0, Fire creatures gain +0/+2. Life creatures get -1/-1.
Notes: I think the names suck. Gimme better ones >_>.

Name: Quantum Freeze
Element: Time
Cost: 8 Time, 6 Time per turn
Effect: The target pillar pile will not produce quantum for 3 turns.
---
Upgrade: Improved Quantum Freeze
Element: Time
Cost: 8 Time, Quantum Freeze's upkeep cost - 1
Notes: Would basically be a counter to mono/rainbow decks. The fact that it costs time quantum would lessen its usefulness though. If you run out of quantum early, the spell is destroyed.

Name: Radioactivity
Element: Entropy
Cost: 5 Entropy
Effect: At the end of each turn, the target will mutate. (Abomination, Mutant, Death are all chances).
---
Upgrade: Nuclear Radioactivity (?)
Element: Entropy
Cost: 6 Entropy
Effect: At the end of each turn, the target will mutate into a mutant.
Notes: For the unupgraded version, death would have a much lower chance than other similar mutations since it's happening every turn.

Name: Restore
Element: Life
Cost: 2 Life
Effect: If the target has full health, give it +0/+4. Otherwise restore it to full health.
---
Upgrade: Imbue
Element: Life
Cost: 4 Life
Effect: Restore all your creatures by 4 hp. Give creatures with full health +0/+2.

Other
(mainly focused on making rainbow decks less broken)

Name: Quantum Shift
Cost: 20 Quantum
Effect: Changes ALL of the opponents quantum into a element they have some of.
Rare? Yes; like the shard it would be useless until upgraded.
Notes: While it would only be a minor hindrance to dual decks and have no effect on mono, it would be gamebreaking against rainbow decks.

Name: Mark Change
Cost: 2 Quantum
Effect: Changes opponents mark to a random element.
Rare? Yes; and would be useless until upgraded.
Notes: Basically tailored to beat rainbow decks early by preventing time quantum creation.

Edit History:
-Removed Updraft's attack enhancement
-Changed Pollute
-Added upkeep to Quantum Freeze
-Changed Angelify/Darken
-Changed Forest Fire so it destroys your life cards too
-Lowered flood's damage

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Improving the AI

Incarnant shouldn't use a retroviruses plague when I have no creatures out and he has no bone wall.

EDIT: Already said :P

Forum Archive / seeking speed poison builds for t50 and pvp
« on: December 15, 2009, 04:10:15 pm »

That's why I recommended to replace the SoG with another arsenic :P. And I've won against speed poisons when they played the arsenic three turns before me, simply because I was able to congeal the physalias.

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132
anything
blarg: