Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - PuppyChow (1577)

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132
Duo-Decks / Rate my Mono-fire
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

True. I was thinking of that. That makes it a full duo-deck. Move it pl0x...

Duo-Decks / Rate my Mono-fire
I've only just started using it, but anyway...

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f7 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

Since I've only just started using it I only have the sundials upgraded (leftover from my poison and rainbow decks). If you can't tell the strategy, well... :P. It seems to be doing pretty good, but I'd like you guys' input.

EDIT: I'm now not sure if this would be considered mono, since it has 6 sundials in it. It still only uses fire quantum, though, so...

General Discussion / Anyone else have trouble with the chat?

More than half the time it doesn't work for me :s. Either all the boxes stay blank, or previous messages appear but nothing else. Is it just my internet? Or is it something else?

On an unrelated note, just won a twin universe, unstoppable, and massive dragon from a single Gemini :D.

Water / Skillgannon's Speed Blitzing: Mono-Water

Actually, I like to think of Physalia as a creature with a momentum'd growth, as the poison damage stacks. It's not as if the poison damage goes away after one turn :P.

General Discussion / Mutations

I commonly get:

-Crimson Dragons with Hatch
-Immaterial Phase Spiders
-Guardian Angles with Dive
-Stone Dragons with Growth
-Colossal Dragons with Steal
-Fire Spirits with Steal/Dive
-Bone Dragons with Blaze/Growth
-Phase Dragons with Paradox
-Pegasi with Burrow
-Earth Gnome thingies (XD) with Poison
-Firefly Queens with Devour

That's just off the top of my head. I'm pretty sure each creature has a subset of 2-3 abilities it can gain through mutation; I have never seen a Bone Dragon with Paradox or Devour, for instance.

Issue Archive / Annoying visual bug.

I only get it when changing decks; I buy cards too slow :P.

And I don't care about it when changing decks because I know all the cards to put in them anyway; no need to switch back in forth.

Still, I'd like it to be fixed  :-\.

Card Ideas and Art / Amoeba
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »

Scaredgirl doesn't like two passive abilities >_>.

But I like it! :D

Card Ideas and Art / Miracle, but for other elements
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:54 pm »

Time Bomb would also allow for Miracle combos. Wait until you're under 50% (try to get a good FFQ storm going during this time), play Time Bomb, play Miracle, play empathic bonds, wait.

Card Ideas and Art / card idea by Finale #2

What does Centenarian mean? I'm American and even I don't understand that word <_<.
And Sacredgirl said that fireflys were life when they're actually air creatures. Minor detail.

I like the idea though.

Card Ideas and Art / PuppyChow's Spell Card Ideas

I guess we'll just agree to disagree  8)

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

I used the if clauses to incorporate a creatures' element more. If you can think of better ways, go ahead :P. The main point of the cards is to just make the element of a card matter.

And my argument would be that my cards only have one active ability. Granted, they have multiple parts, but as long as they don't go crazy and start using clauses like "If the target is wearing green pants" like you said, I don't see a problem with it. Sorry.

Would a different effect for every element be too much? Yes. Would a different effect for three different elements be too much? In my mind, no.

What made games like Yu-gi-oh so successful (just an example. I used to play it >_>) was that they were complicated without getting TOO complicated. Then the creators of it started adding too many new things, and it dropped out of favor.

Simplicity = Bad.
TOO Complicated = Bad.
Happy Medium = Good.

Right now, I'd say Elements is in the simplicity stage, if only because of its youth. There aren't enough cards for many different combinations of usable decks; most good decks are either mono-dark, mono-fire, or rainbow. There are also features of cards that could be used better (their element).

And I've noticed you just pick and choose what to respond to  :-\. I know I'm practically writing essays, but still...

« on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:53 pm »

And I'm arguing that complicated is not a bad thing :P. Let's take a look at Vampire Lord, one of the best hero cards.

-Target loses two hp and two attack.
-Vampire Lord gains same amount.
-If target dies, a minor vampire is created on your side.

Counting them, you have five cards with two effects, one card with three, and six cards with one.
I have six with one, five with two, and three with three.

I used the same criteria with mine as I did with yours.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132
blarg: