Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Krahhl (843)

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71
Rainbow Decks / Re: Speed Rainbow with Chimera
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:32:08 am »
try a diving creature from air. Dive + chimera, how does that work?
If you use a creature's dive ability and then use chimera, the doubled attack will be added to the chimera.

Example:
You have two 5|3 elite wyrms. You use dive for both of them so they are 10|3. The chimera will be 20|6, and it won't change when your turn ends.

I'm not sure how this is really useful, as you can simply use dive every turn anyway. Maybe if lack of air quanta was a problem?

Rainbow Decks / Re: Name Your Poison
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:49:30 am »
But any constructive criticism, without changing the basic character of the deck, is welcome.
Well the thing is, the "basic character of the deck" isn't efficient at all.

Forty-six cards with no hourglasses is just too much. Many cards only have one copy, so there's no guarantee you'll draw anything in time. There isn't any overall strategy either.
But if it can poison your opponent, it's in there. And it does okay against AI3.
Exactly, and a punch of poisonous cards thrown together isn't going to do "okay" against anything higher than AI3.

There are many unupgraded decks that will quickly and consistently beat AI3, some of them having a good chance of elemental mastery.

You have 29 upgraded cards, so you could sell some of those and putting together a Top50 farmer or even try killing some false gods.

If it's really the poison you want, I'd suggest using either a classic water/death poison speed deck or some of the new scorpion decks. Using everything is just going to be too bulky.

False Gods / Re: FG deck requirements idea
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:03 pm »
So I have an idea, what if when you post a FG deck, you also post 3 other, unique decks that could be it.
I assume you meant beat, not be?

It sounds like a good idea, but there should also be some requirement on the other end to make sure the god isn't a pushover.

A 50% win rate with three different decks might be a bit much, as I don't see many accomplishing that with some of the harder current false gods. Maybe 50% with one deck and 30% with the other two?

This would definitely force people to put more thought into creating a god, actually worrying about its functionality, difficulty, strengths and weaknesses, and general ability to hold the name of false god, rather than just throwing a bunch of cards together with no testing.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Changing ultimate spells
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:18:52 pm »
Are you saying you can hardly think of a working rainbow deck that does not rely on miracle and fractal? That seems like a rather unlikely statement.
My mistake, I meant rainbowing with fractal and miracle. Of course, decks that do not use these cards would not be affected.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Changing ultimate spells
« on: August 20, 2010, 04:10:58 am »
Mono decks will be unaffected, but it will make rainbowing a bit harder.
How many people use fractal and miracle in a mono deck? They slow things down too much. If not rainbow, these decks are usually at least duo.

This won't make rainbowing harder, it will make it near impossible.

Rainbows have many advantages and disadvantages compared to a mono deck. Being able to use fractal or miracle and have quanta of other elements left is simply one of the advantages. Duo decks can do this anyway.

One of the disadvantages is that overall, a rainbow deck will need four pillars to get one quanta of any given element except the marked one. A mono deck only needs one. This means that while a rainbow can use cards of any element, they can only use cheap ones since quanta production is slower for each element.

If miracle and fractal were to set every number back to zero, it would take way too long to get enough quanta for anything. Even duo decks would be greatly hurt.

Besides, cards that cost multiple elements have been discussed. It's been concluded that the game code would require too much reworking to implement them anytime soon.

Deck Help / Re: the seven deadly decks
« on: August 19, 2010, 09:53:19 pm »
i just got an idea for belphagor. since people whith heavy pride believe their untouchable, maybe an immortal momentumed spark deck? or just a pure immortal deck
You mean Lucifer?

Belphegor is the demon of sloth, so I think he should be lazy and not do anything. Hence the dissipation field stall/deckout-er I posted earlier.

Yes, Lucifer should be untouchably proud. Maybe something like

Code: [Select]
74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 74a 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 809 809 809 809 809 809 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80h 80h 80h 80h 80h 80h
There may not be enough aether towers, as at least 2 or 3 would be needed early on to be able to play all phase shields and quints. But I fear if more towers are added, the other cards won't be drawn in time.

I think the current Beelzebub is fine, though it may be better if pests could somehow be added to eat quanta along with black holes.

« on: August 18, 2010, 02:59:32 pm »
Insects don't spawn the same way though. And ensuring the survival of your species isn't exactly lustful.

But FFQs are really as close as this game gets.

Maybe something like
7ac 7ac 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7n3 7ng 7ng 7ng 7ng 7ng 7ng 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe 7oe
Question marks are air pendulums.

The nymphs are just for fun; I wasn't sure what else to put in there. Sure they'll kill the fireflies, but the opponent should be dead by then anyway. I don't think they contribute to the lustful theme though..

Edit: Oh. Feral bonds. Forgot those existed ._.

« on: August 18, 2010, 01:45:29 pm »
Lucifer should be the perfect deck, which I'm sure many deckbuilders have concluded not to exist.
Just go with whatever most kickass rainbow you can find.

Belphegor:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u0 6u0 6u0 77i 77i 77i 7jp 7q8
The time mark is because the shield only takes three entropy, and with 22 towers I don't think early quanta would be a problem. Later, when quanta is being drained by damage, the mark may help eternity with rewinding.

I agree, lust is a difficult theme to fit into a deck.

FG Proposals / Re: False God Proposal: Reflected Shadow
« on: August 18, 2010, 01:15:51 pm »
A lot of FGs dont do the combinations theyre supposed to (example Gemini will often use Unstoppable after TU, or Paradox will use Blessing after Deja Vu).
As RavingRabbid has said, that is because they draw the cards in that order. There isn't any card drawing to use creature abilities; once they get both nymphs on the board they can do the combo. And those aren't essential combos for Gemini and Paradox anyway, helpful, but not game-deciding. Your god is different, as its whole strategy revolves around the antimatter and liquid shadow. Otherwise it's just the werewolf and steal part of Rainbow.

If anybody has some actual advice on the deck, (like adding Antimatter and Liquid Shadows), or SoRs, advice would be appreciated.
I did give advice in my first post. You responded with

Is it really that hard? The AI isn't that smart, so it's not even guaranteed to use liquid shadow on your creatures, or do the antimatter + liquid shadow combination.
since this is a 'FG proposal' man up to critics as well or dont bother posting your crappy 'hmm-i'm-gonna-build-some-difficult-FG-whether-you-guys-like-it-or-not' and use the AI is not 'smart' enough to do the combo as an excuse
^

If the AI isn't going to use the deck's strategy, the AI needs to be reprogrammed or the deck needs a new strategy.

Trio & Quartet / Angry Voodoos
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:32:49 am »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7dr 7te 7te 7tg 7tg 7tg 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80b 80b 80b 80b 80b 8pt

Rage elixir on a voodoo doll takes 6 off your opponents health and adds 6 to the doll's attack.

Voodoo doll + 3 rage elixirs + 2 twin universes = 108 damage.

Liquid shadow poisons the opponent and adds some healing.

Rage elixirs and twin universes are also very versatile. They work as creature control and fast damage.

Rage an opponent's dragon, twin it a few times, rage it again to kill it.

It doesn't have a consistent win rate against anything higher than AI3 due to being an aggressive deck, yet with only 3 voodoo dolls. This makes it very susceptible to bad draws. AI3 doesn't pull out damage fast enough, so you can win anyway.

I suppose it could make an okay AI3 farmer though.

I just find the concept fun.

Rainbow Decks / Re: 1 turn kill.
« on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:52 am »
A twin universe takes up a slot anyway. One more twin universe = one less dragon. But if you forget the Chimera, 8 dragons will do it.

That doesn't solve the problem of not dying while waiting for quanta.

Rainbow Decks / Re: Karma - Quit hitting yourself (FG) v 1.25
« on: August 13, 2010, 11:19:12 pm »
Genius.

With the earth nymphs, a voodoo doll can easily reach 100 max health quickly. However, because of gravity force, it may only be at 20. This means it has taken 80 damage, which your opponent has taken as well. That much is obvious.

The killer is the twin universe. When you TU a doll that's at 20 out of 100 health, your opponent takes that 80 damage AGAIN.

Dead.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71
blarg: