Guest Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by a guest. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Jaxly (213)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Issue Archive / Oracle - New cards have "undefined" fortune
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:52 pm »
I know this isn't exactly a bug but just to let the right people know;
When one of  the new cards came up in an oracle spin, instead of having an amusingly significant fortune the card specific text simply read "undefined" Didn't take a screeny unfortunately.
Btw, sorry if this was just one of the little things to be dealt with after the update - just wanted to be sure it was known

Card Art / Re: A tribute to the Rustler!
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »
Wow! You reallly have some incredible ability as an artist - I love it ;D
Out of interest, how was it done?

Fire / Re: Favorite Fire Card
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:28:11 am »
I just love fire bolt.. Theres nothing like seemingly being no threat to your opponent all throughout the game and then one hitting them just before he beats you. Best feeling in the game for me hands down.

General Discussion / Re: oty poison problem
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:51:57 am »
In real life sure, but otys eat fire, pointy swords and electricity (sparks) and seem to come away pretty ok. Maybe zan should add heart burn effects when an oty devours a Fire spirit? Or the effect Malnourishment if it eats nothing at all? Actually, I kinda like Malnourishment - 3 turns without eating and it dies. Still.. I think The poison idea would only raise further questions.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Same cost to upgrade every card?
« on: March 19, 2010, 06:35:55 am »
I agree with mogv, upgrading cards shouldn't be a flat cost. That said if it was changed to become easier to upgrade cards it wouldn't seem fair to people who put the work in to do it the hard way. That means that the cost of upgrading every possible card would need to remain the same in order to acheive some form of fairness (and even this wouldn't be ideal) meaning that some of the essential upgrade cards may rise well above 1500 in order to compensate for sparks etc.

Glad that reducing the cost of switching marks is up here and getting votes. It's one of the most needlessly annoying things in the game - Especially if you like experimenting with many different ideas and strategies (or have ADD..), which I think the game is anchored on in the first place. Some newer players find 100 electrums a big enough barrier to not even bother trying to switch, meaning that it acts as an instant blocker quite a bit of gameplay. (btw I think I've spent ~4500 at that thing)

Just one more thing; If there was a way to put in a "pause" before dealing damage in the event of having healing type cards on the field that'd be appreciated - Currently If you kill your opponent while still in the process of healing you don't get EM, regardless of whether the heal would have left you at 100%. I'm kinda sick of saving shields for that purpose.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: Mulligan
« on: March 19, 2010, 01:38:39 am »
I'd love this..  The disadvantage should be higher though, because imo this benefits rainbows much more than mono/duo decks so it wouldn't strictly be fair to say since both players have the option to do it both are on even ground.. Id go with -1 card and you finish a turn when you use it. In addition playing any card that turn should forfeit the right to a mulligan.

Well, I can't speak for others but  the first few rounds of any game with my rainbow deck normally involve nothing but stalling. This almost always allows an opponent to "gain control" of the board in terms of creatures. If quint were nerfed as suggested not only would it ruin quint itself, it would also make a great many stall strategies fairly useless - No point stalling if any future move  is quickly killed off.

Game Suggestions and Feedback / Re: fire's dependency
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:26:44 am »
Air already has unstable gas that requires a fire quantum to use. Its a bit like what you suggested but under a different element.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
anything
blarg: