*Author

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg226976#msg226976
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2010, 01:45:15 am »
If so, it would make sense to absorb all passive abilities.. question is how many that fit. x)
chimera
airborne
poisonous
devourer
ranged

Who knows. :D
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg226991#msg226991
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2010, 02:02:02 am »
lol air blitz + airborne chimera FTW

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg226997#msg226997
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2010, 02:07:37 am »
If it absorbed passive abilities, :gravity :darkness would get a hell of a lot stronger. 5 voodoo dolls + chimera = I haz win?
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg227011#msg227011
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2010, 02:17:08 am »
If it absorbed passive abilities, :gravity :darkness would get a hell of a lot stronger. 5 voodoo dolls + chimera = I haz win?
That.. would be epic. What would be even more epic? Chimera + Graboid. Screw you Gravity pull! :P
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg227148#msg227148
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2010, 06:15:48 am »
That.. would be epic. What would be even more epic? Chimera + Graboid. Screw you Gravity pull! :P
If a Burrowed or Immortal creature is effected with Gravity Pull, it still gets hit by attacks, even though it can't be targeted.

Offline Xinef

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Xinef is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fluttershy's samurai
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg227312#msg227312
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »
You have to GP some other creature afterwards, which adds 2 cards to the combo. Not nice. Immunity to rewind is nice though.

But, aren't burrowed creatures immune to Sky Blitz too? It doesn't work on quinted creatures if I recall correctly.
May the force of the D4HK side be with U ^_^
:time samurai

Offline Daytripper

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Daytripper is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Transferred veteran
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg227617#msg227617
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2010, 09:26:27 pm »
I dont think the Chimera should have gravity pull. It makes it near useless. Also the fact that it is so vulnerable to a CC, freeze, or reverse time, makes it pretty bad. I can only ever see it as good if you filled the whole screen but had no momentum to win in 1 blow.

Burrowing is a good solution. It would die from the gravity pull, but it could do some damage.
Shards aren't overpowered, as long as you have them yourself.

Offline Ekki

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Ekki is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not-so-young Elemental
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg227631#msg227631
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2010, 09:43:57 pm »
I dont think the Chimera should have gravity pull. It makes it near useless. Also the fact that it is so vulnerable to a CC, freeze, or reverse time, makes it pretty bad. I can only ever see it as good if you filled the whole screen but had no momentum to win in 1 blow.

Burrowing is a good solution. It would die from the gravity pull, but it could do some damage.
The problem is that not having gravity pull would be too much, since you'll be able to trepass any shield and cure any status while making your creatures harder to kill (unless using freeze or rewind, but quint...)... Maybe making it immortal (or burrowed?) could do something, but it'd need to up the cost a bit

Offline TheCrazyMango

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheCrazyMango is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Some call me 9270984, some call me numbers.
  • Awards: Winner of the 1st MetamorphosisSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg241972#msg241972
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2011, 10:45:19 pm »
its cheaper now, somebody fix the picture please.
[17:26:47] Iman00b8: Firestalls are like Jews... most people make fun of them and say this dislike 'em, but in the end they use them to make them money.

silux

Re: Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg246240#msg246240
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »
Gravity pull is essential!
It adds the flavour of a collapsing creature :)

Also any damage done to the chimera is prevented by harming you, so could help you gaining masteries!

Airborne would be amazing and does combo with sky blitz.

Poisonous(passive) is definitely good ;)It adds one other 'chimera' effect!

migster99

Re: Chimera | Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg271445#msg271445
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »
Does any1 notice the small man on the bottom right?

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Chimera | Chimera https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10898.msg293527#msg293527
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2011, 11:26:39 pm »
I haven't gone through 16 pages of posts, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

While Chimera is a good card under certain conditions (mostly as a finisher to bypass shields) I have noticed that the AI is *really* bad with it.  For instance, I was just facing off against the FG Akebono, and was stalling a losing battle against a horde of overdriven Massive Dragons.  I kept dropping sundials to stall, and with my last sundial about to go, the AI played Chimera, and turned his entire army into a giant behemoth with triple digit attack/defense.  The sundial made him pass without attacking.  I then immediately used the Fallen Elf I'd played the previous turn to turn the chimera into an abomination and ate it with my Elite Otyugh.  Yum!

I've seen similar situations in which the AI scooped its entire army to Chimera when a clear way to kill it was on the field.  (Eternity, Fallen Elf, etc)

anything
blarg: