*Author

Offline EvaRia

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.EvaRia is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I~am~Eva, ~Chillwind~ I~am~Ria, ~Searwind~
  • Awards: War #5 Winner - Team Aether
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg211547#msg211547
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 08:47:19 am »
I'm gonna say no to this.

Why add new elements when you can just increase the existing card pool?

New elements at this point and stage will just unbalance the game.

Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg211593#msg211593
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 12:03:59 pm »
hm... acid, that's kind of water, but also kind of fire...
and energy is quite unique tho (unless u consider fire and light as energy)

Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg211594#msg211594
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2010, 12:05:19 pm »

it most likely will, but it would also be cool to see more elements, and it will only imbalance it for like a couple of months, and then everything will be fine-tuned again

Offline nilsieboy

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.nilsieboy is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Always trust badgers.
  • Awards: 6th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Gravity4th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Beginners League 3/2010 2nd Place3-Man Team PvP #1 WinnerTeam PvP #1 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg211597#msg211597
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:16:24 pm »
i like the icons wich valimont made but i won't think there'll come more elements :P.
:gravity nilsieboy :gravity
I wondered why the titan was getting bigger, then it hit me. ~gravity

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg211646#msg211646
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:25 pm »

it most likely will, but it would also be cool to see more elements, and it will only imbalance it for like a couple of months, and then everything will be fine-tuned again
I seriously doubt that. There is a whole lot of work in bring in just one new element. First, you need the cards, at least 10. And there is no telling what those card would be, so it could heavily unbalance the game. Then you have to make the elements interface different to make room for the quanta pool, and the Element name in the beginning. You'd have to make room for it in the bizarre too.

But that also requires coding all the new mechanics of the card, and include new cards in already used mechanics such as Mutation and Hatch.

Then it adds the added depth of brand new strategies, and a ton of them at that. All in all, it would be a huge change, it could possibly even make the game worse.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212067#msg212067
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:30 pm »
New elements will be almost impossible to balance. They're more trouble than they're worth, so I'll say no.

I'm not sure I understand what Sir Valimont is trying to do there. Is he trying to suggest new elements, or is he just trying to trick the OP into thinking that there really will be new elements? He posted his icons in such a way that it seems those new elements will be implemented after the War.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

fenix2011

Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212119#msg212119
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 12:01:10 am »
self-advertising. See his post in the slave market too.

Anyway, somewhat irresponsible post - specify that it is your own fan art, especially in a topic clearly questioning about official releases.

Offline Sir Valimont

• Reputation Power: 33
  • Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Sir Valimont is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212128#msg212128
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 12:09:38 am »
I'm not sure I understand what Sir Valimont is trying to do there. Is he trying to suggest new elements, or is he just trying to trick the OP into thinking that there really will be new elements? He posted his icons in such a way that it seems those new elements will be implemented after the War.
Anyway, somewhat irresponsible post - specify that it is your own fan art, especially in a topic clearly questioning about official releases.
You guys crack me up. If I made my new Element symbols look more hand-drawn would that suddenly make the post "responsible?"

In response to a previous post, I don't think there's much way for new elements to be introduced into the game. Much of the game balance -- quanta production in particular -- depends on the number 12. Imagine what would happen to Quantum Towers or Novas with 2 new elements, for example.

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212240#msg212240
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 03:11:58 am »
You guys crack me up. If I made my new Element symbols look more hand-drawn would that suddenly make the post "responsible?"
You said "cards will come shortly after War". To me, you seemed to be saying that Zanz really decided to make two new elements. If you didn't specify that those icons were self-made, then you were spreading false information. I once made two icons as a joke, and that post got edited by SG for spreading false information.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212837#msg212837
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »
this is a bit un-related to the topic, but hey Bloodshadow, do i know u from somewhere? kongregate maybe?
also, i like the chinese :)

Offline asymmetry

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Immolating myself non-stop since 2012
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWinner of the Design a Forum Award competitionMake a Magazine 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card 1st Place
Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212843#msg212843
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:59 pm »
As much as i think we're ok with 12 elements, I fully support multi-elements cards... not like forest spirit, but with duo/trio quanta cost. They could be another category, like "other" and still not disrupt the balance of the game.
So, tell me my friend, what can you see? What comes into your mind as you breathe?
'cause I see colors flourishing like you'd never believe... like a pendulum swings, they swing with me!

Kuross

Re: Will Elements Make any More Elements? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16342.msg212858#msg212858
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »
As much as i think we're ok with 12 elements, I fully support multi-elements cards... not like forest spirit, but with duo/trio quanta cost. They could be another category, like "other" and still not disrupt the balance of the game.
That was one of the first things I asked about when I got on the forums and was told rather politely it's not going to probably happen. That's not to say impossible, just very unlikely. But if it's any consolation, I'd love to see it happen myself ;)

anything
blarg: