*Author

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg119630#msg119630
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2010, 03:04:17 am »
I'll be surprised if someone votes for Solar Shield. I agree with Jmizzle that it is the worst card in Elements. Its Death equivalent, Skull Shield, are at least somewhat useful in Aflatoxin decks to block enemy Malignant Cells from attacking.

I hope that Solar Shield is at least changed in some way before I have to write an analysis for it. *shudders*
I agree with you on the Death equivalent, but I kind of wish that ANY shield with the simple description of 'Reduces damage by 1' be changed, because it seems so bland and could be found in the Other school if necessary.

Also, I highly doubt that the community will 'spite' you and vote for something like Solar Shield just so that you have to half-ass a detailed analysis on it.  :P Personally, I imagine that the shield is going to do something much crazier in the future (similar to how the :life shield was turned into Thorn Carapace and is now a godsend against immortal creatures). Otherwise, Hope, Archangel, and possibly Pegasus have the highest chances of being the 'featured' card of the week.

Ant-n-ero

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg119827#msg119827
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »
I voted morning Star/Glory
One of the most powerful weapons in game!!! just behind Titan

kobisjeruk

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg120171#msg120171
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2010, 06:43:29 pm »
Guardian Angel? Hope? seriously?

Miracle is the cornerstone of :light
i mean come on, if you face anything playing light pillars, the first thing that comes to mind is "oh heck, now i'm gonna have to alpha strike him or start from the beginning again. great, just great"

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg120223#msg120223
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2010, 07:35:44 pm »
i voted angel ^.^
seriously, its upped version is a BEAST. it can heal and it has good attack
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Ant-n-ero

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg120313#msg120313
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2010, 08:51:40 pm »
granted, miracle IS the most annoying card EVER....

Offline BloodshadowTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg120350#msg120350
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2010, 09:28:48 pm »
i voted angel ^.^
Just a FYI, I don't like cards that are only useful when upped. Shards exemplify this.

BTW, should there be a poll for Other? The Shards probably deserve some analyses.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg120814#msg120814
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2010, 09:32:00 am »
i voted angel ^.^
Just a FYI, I don't like cards that are only useful when upped. Shards exemplify this.

BTW, should there be a poll for Other? The Shards probably deserve some analyses.
Shards (or at least upgraded ones) aren't acsessible to enough of the community. I think we want to encourage new players with this featured card, by showing them new ways to use cards they already own.

Also: Please don't let hope win! It is such a...uggh card. I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever played T50 knows what a ROL Hope is, and that will probably be the thing covered most in the analysis.

Guardian Angel is the card closest to beating it, so I'm voting it  :D. It is underused, and synergises well with Armagio, Butterfly Effect, Liquid Shadow, (Voodoo?), Rage Potion. It's a shame that it can be regarded as a situational card, because in the proper deck it will never be completely situational.
And face it. It's pretty cool looking.

• Legendary Member
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg121276#msg121276
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2010, 08:25:31 pm »
Can you argue that Hope is not the most unique and powerful Light card? I can't, and that's why I voted for Hope.

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg121299#msg121299
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »
Can you argue that Hope is not the most unique and powerful Light card? I can't, and that's why I voted for Hope.
I am definetely not saying that. Hope is something light has needed for a long time (Pun not intended).
However I am finding all the winners of these featured cards are predictable (or at least to me) with the exception of Fire, as I expected RoF or Lava Golem to win.

Hope will probably go over in depth the ROL Hope aspect, which most people already know if they have ever played T50 (Of course here I am judging before I know and could easily be wrong). Everybody already knows that hope is a useful card, and the most covered strategy with it. However most of the strategy with hope relies on other upgraded cards (RoL), or upgraded cards to speed it up (Upped aether towers, fractals). You could say FFQ and Luciferen are the two other strategies, but again they are more generally known by the community.

Guardian Angel on the other hand, is an underrated card. As I said before there mare many strategies with it (Rage Potion, Liquid Shadow, Armagio, Butterfly Effect ect) that many people do not know about/have not considered. There are not many decks with Guardian Angel, and it is considered situational, even though it really isn't if used in the right deck. If played against a CC deck, then even better for you. Upgraded it even deals 7 damage, which may not be up to dragon standard, but is definetly not weak.
Guardian Angel I think represents the element of Light better than Hope does. Hope may have the name that works, but Guardian Angel has the skill as well.

cfreddy

Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg121509#msg121509
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2010, 12:04:12 am »
Hope defidently my fav  :light card

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Light https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg123401#msg123401
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2010, 10:59:25 pm »
The featured card is chosen!

Hope | Hope

• Legendary Member
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
Re: Weekly Featured Cards poll - Air https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7232.msg125390#msg125390
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:12 am »
The new poll is up. I actually see quite a few good choices for this one: FFQ, Flying Weapon, OE, Unstable Gas, Wings...

Will be writing the Hope analysis in a moment.

:light Hope | Hope

What shield has such ludicrously strong defensive power that it can block up to 23 damage from every single attack? Hope is such a shield. Its defensive power is equal to the number of light-emitting creatures you control at the end of each turn, making it potentially the most powerful shield in the game. This card is immune to permanent destruction, too, and in some situations it can render you completely invulnerable.

First of all, you may ask "what are light-emitting creatures"? Light-emitting creatures are, quite literally, creatures that emit light; they have the ability Light, or bioluminescence, that produce Light quanta each turn. The unupgraded Firefly and the upgraded Ray of Light have this ability naturally, and you can use Luciferin to give bioluminescence to all creature on your field with no abilities.

Hope, by itself, is quite useless, blocking only 1 damage when upgraded. However, its power increases drastically as soon as you have two or three light-emitting creatures on your field. The shield with the second highest defense points is Diamond Shield, which blocks 3 damage from every source; but as soon as you summon 3 light-producing creatures, Hope instantly becomes better than Diamond Shield. And as you summon more creatures, Hope becomes stronger still, its defense increasing with every creature you bring forth. You can have up to 23 creatures on your field, so the maximum defense Hope can achieve is 23, or 24 when upgraded. Such defensive power is massive, because it literally stops all opponent creatures from attacking: the creature with the highest ATK is Ruby Dragon (15|2), and even that cannot penetrate Hope; only creatures with Growth or Ablaze can even dream about punching through your defense. And on top of that, Hope cannot be targeted by permanent control, which means your opponent cannot remove it by any means.

The above combo sounds epic, but you need lots and lots of light-emitting creatures to get it to work.
One way to achieve that is to use Fractal to create numerous copies of a light-emitting creature, such as Ray of Light. Ray of Light is the ideal candidate for this combo, because it costs zero to summon; no matter how many copies of it you create in your hand, you can summon them all instantly. This combo will also generate massive amounts of Light quanta, enough to summon a few Dragons at once; near the end of the game, you can use your Fractal on a Light Dragon for a devastating final attack.
Another way to get a really powerful Hope is to use the unupgraded Firefly Queen, which generates light-emitting Fireflies. This combo is slightly slower than Fractal-RoL mentioned above, but you'll have a renewable source of light-producing creatures in case they're destroyed by creature control. You'll also need the element of Life in that deck, which means you can put in a couple of Empathic Bonds for massive healing.
A third method, perhaps the slowest, is to summon a swarm of vanilla (no abilities) creature, and then use Luciferin to make them light-producing. This combo is rather dependent on good draws, making it not as effective as the previous two combos.

Having read all of the above, you might think that Hope can make you invincible; that is not true. Just like every other card in the game, Hope can be countered in several ways. The first and most obvious way is to remove the light-emitting creatures: a simple Rain of Fire, or even a Thunderstorm, can instantly annihilate an entire field of Rays of Light. Another way is to give a creature Momentum, so it can ignore shield effects; however, most Fractal-RoL-Hope decks carry Lobotomizers, which can remove Momentum from a creature. A third way is to use spells, as Hope cannot block spell damage; no matter how high your defense is, I can still win by slamming four huge Fire Bolts in your face. A fourth way, similar to the third, is to use poison; Hope cannot block poison that targets the user directly.

However, there is one thing about Hope that might not be obvious: Hope's defense only updates at the end of each turn. That means if your entire field of Rays of Light get decimated by a Rain of Fire, you'll still be safe as long as you can summon some more Rays before you end your turn. For example, when I wipe your field, you summon 6 more Rays and end your turn, your defense will be 6 instead of 0, and I probably still can't do anything to harm you.

Quick Facts:
- Hope's defense is equal to the number of light-emitting creatures you control. So if you have many creatures, you have ridiculously high defense.
- Hope is Immaterial, which means it cannot be targeted by permanent control.
- Hope's defense only updates at the end of each turn, giving you a chance to get back up if you're hit by mass creature control.

Synergies:
- Photon | Ray of Light
- Firefly Queen | Elite Queen
- Luciferin | Luciferase

Decks:
- Fractal-RoL-Hope FG deck
- FFQ-Hope deck

blarg: