*Author

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197198#msg1197198
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 05:46:34 pm »
He didn't contradict himself if he assumed iancudorinmarian has more then 4000 games played against platinum
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline GhaladhTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ghaladh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Restless Element
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197199#msg1197199
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:14 pm »
Dm has a point too xD

How boring, the usual guy that says "I have more experience than you, thus I am right, you are wrong" because experience makes his opinion unquestionable, saving him from the need to bring anything significant to the debate beside his huge ego...  -__-.

Tell me where I said this.

And yes, experience does matter. You listed games for one arena. There are 4. You listed games for 50 players out of 2000+ (4 arenas and still submitting). If that's not generalizing, then I don't know.

You creating this thread just makes me think you lost to some boring decks in arena and you're just posting your rage here.
It's obvious to me that you didn't read the OP. I was only talking about Platinum, and if you care I can also explain you why:

1) Bronze is the league of the newbies. I don't expect too much originality here because usually, a bronze level player doesn't have a great number of cards and sufficient knowledge of the game mechanics.
2) Silver is the league of players that start understanding the game and that have a decent amount of unupped cards available. However it's normal that they will tend to use their upped cards here, which are very likely the same cards that make their farming deck. No originality expected here as well, so.
3) Gold Is the expert player that finally left the newbie stage and that has a relatively wide amount of cards. I am not used to talk about things I don't know and since I hardly play Gold, I didn't dare to include it in my argument, because in that case I couldn't have an informed opinion.
4) In platinum we could say that we find the elite, advantaged by the experience, possibly a deep knowledge of cards interactions and advanced mechanics and the great asset of Dexterity, great HP amount, upped cards, increased Mark power... hence in Platinum I expect much more variety. Instead I see the same strategies proposed over and over... that's why I wrote about Platinum.

Now, if to have my argument validated I have to bring 2,000 Platinum games as an example, then sorry dude, I will never dare to express my opinion again... I was wrong, I humbly apologize...  ::)

• Restless Element
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197200#msg1197200
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:10 pm »
I am talking about defense decks. As I wrote already (quoting myself) : "As we all know there are only a few effective deck that work in the Platinum arena. That's because those decks are designed to stand against AI driven decks that enjoy the benefits of Dexterity, Double or Triple Mark and a great amount of HP; you can try other kind of decks, but most of the times you will be ineffective. At the end, all we have available are those 5 - 6 decks and their variation, leaving very little room to creativity."

So you can use what works, but they can't
Sorry man let me walk away from your hypocrisy since it's coming through
I mean god forbid people try to make money from arena.[...]
PS: If arena isn't being innovative why don't YOU move yourself a little and try to use other stuff to farm Plat? Trust me, it works, you just haven't thought of it yet. Instead of flaming in forum and crying about how only about 34% of arena uses "original" decks (what you listed isn't even original what the hell, it's just plain bad - by the way, this 34% comes from YOUR list) you can try changing your own deck. Who would've thought?[/spoiler]
Your comment is kinda surreal. I feel like I am saying "bread" and you understand "red cars that run undersea" and that you criticize me for having a blue car. I am quite confused.  ?_?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:01:07 pm by Ghaladh »

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197201#msg1197201
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »
You generalize, that's where you're wrong. I'm not denying there aren't any unoriginal decks, you're trying too hard to prove that almost all are like that, which is wrong. What, you're going to tell me that you NEVER submitted an unoriginal deck?

• Restless Element
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197203#msg1197203
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 05:59:59 pm »
You generalize, that's where you're wrong. I'm not denying there aren't any unoriginal decks, you're trying too hard to prove that almost all are like that, which is wrong. What, you're going to tell me that you NEVER submitted an unoriginal deck?
I would lie to you if I say otherwise. Yeah, some days I don't feel creative at all. Today, for instance, my defensive deck is a boring Speed Poison. I have no Idea of how to efficaciously use Physalia (the Oracle card) out of a poison deck and I don't feel like thinking about it too hard (I am supposed to study today XD).
However, I didn't mean to insult nor flaming, I merely wanted to invite all of those that do that habitually to put some more effort in their deck composition, because grinding Platinum can be fun and it's up to us to make it so.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197205#msg1197205
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:22 pm »
I am talking about defense decks. As I wrote already (quoting myself) : "As we all know there are only a few effective deck that work in the Platinum arena. That's because those decks are designed to stand against AI driven decks that enjoy the benefits of Dexterity, Double or Triple Mark and a great amount of HP; you can try other kind of decks, but most of the times you will be ineffective. At the end, all we have available are those 5 - 6 decks and their variation, leaving very little room to creativity."

So you can use what works, but they can't
Sorry man let me walk away from your hypocrisy since it's coming through
I mean god forbid people try to make money from arena.[...]
PS: If arena isn't being innovative why don't YOU move yourself a little and try to use other stuff to farm Plat? Trust me, it works, you just haven't thought of it yet. Instead of flaming in forum and crying about how only about 34% of arena uses "original" decks (what you listed isn't even original what the hell, it's just plain bad - by the way, this 34% comes from YOUR list) you can try changing your own deck. Who would've thought?[/spoiler]
Your comment is kinda surreal. I feel like I am saying "bread" and you understand "red cars that run undersea" and that you criticize me for having a blue car. I am quite confused.  ?_?

What's surreal?

1. You want to have fun farming Plat
2. You use a boring butter cutter deck
3. Plat players use boring butter cutter decks
4. You can either try to change YOUR own deck and have fun or you can try to talk in forums so that FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE change their decks

As for my first three lines, you said you're using what "works" vs arena.

So why can't plat players post decks in arena that works and give them money? Or are they not allowed to win money through arena either? Do you want everyone to be "original" and what not while you keep running your PDials to get some easy money?

Are you seeing it now?

And as for the flaming, there's no reason to call his ego or his personality just because he tried to prove you wrong.

By the way, please don't double post.

If you still believe I am talking about red cars that run undersea, please learn text comprehension.

• Restless Element
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197207#msg1197207
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:20 pm »
What's surreal?

1. You want to have fun farming Plat
2. You use a boring butter cutter deck
3. Plat players use boring butter cutter decks
4. You can either try to change YOUR own deck and have fun or you can try to talk in forums so that FIVE HUNDRED PEOPLE change their decks

As for my first three lines, you said you're using what "works" vs arena.

So why can't plat players post decks in arena that works and give them money? Or are they not allowed to win money through arena either? Do you want everyone to be "original" and what not while you keep running your PDials to get some easy money?

Are you seeing it now?

And as for the flaming, there's no reason to call his ego or his personality just because he tried to prove you wrong.

By the way, please don't double post.

If you still believe I am talking about red cars that run undersea, please learn text comprehension.
Now that you explained what you meant I understand you. Sorry, it was expressed in a logic thread that I wasn't able to follow. I currently use 3 decks to farm Platinum, all variations of the cookie cutter decks:

My Speed Poison Kamikaze. Doesn't work greatly but I have fun using it.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 711 711 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 8po

My Limitless speed FG OTK. It works better than you can imagine. It depends by the day.
Spoiler for Hidden:
6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 74a 7dr 7dr 7gq 7jq 7k6 7k6 7k6 7la 7la 7la 7la 7n9 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 7ri 80b 80b 80b 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 8pu

My PDial
Spoiler for Hidden:
710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 710 713 713 718 718 718 718 718 718 71a 71a 71a 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 71u 7km 7km 7km 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 7q9 8pq

As you can see I don't believe in 30 cards deck.  :D

However I farm Platinum only for the cash, because I feel the real fun is in Silver or AI4. That's my crazy Silver/AI 4 deck. My original creation:
Spoiler for Hidden:
4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 4vj 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 6u2 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 809 809 809 809 809 809 8po

Of course I also use a more traditional SoB Air Rush:
Spoiler for Hidden:
7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7ms 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mt 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7mu 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 8po

And a modified Psiontal when I feel like farming Bronze.
Spoiler for Hidden:
808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80d 80e 80e 80i 80i 80i 80l 80l 80l 80l 80l 80l 8pu

I use other combinations in the trainer, but those are the ones I like the most. As you can see it's not like I am monothematic....

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197208#msg1197208
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 06:20:48 pm »
However I farm Platinum only for the cash, because I feel the real fun is in Silver or AI4. That's my crazy Silver/AI 4 deck. My original creation:

People who place cookie butter decks in Platinum gain a lot of cash from it as well. Have you thought about that?

You can have fun in Silver if you farm Platinum only for the cash like you said. Or you can try to have fun AND make cash at platinum, like I've said.

It's much easier to change your own view than to change several hundred. Not to mention, you won't even reach these several hundred in forum, and it's a bit pretentious to believe that they would willingly submit sub-optimal decks in arena just for you, not to mention that you yourself would continue using cookie cutter decks as, you yourself have said, you only farm platinum for the cash.

Does that make more sense too?

• Restless Element
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197210#msg1197210
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 06:28:01 pm »

People who place cookie butter decks in Platinum gain a lot of cash from it as well. Have you thought about that?

You can have fun in Silver if you farm Platinum only for the cash like you said. Or you can try to have fun AND make cash at platinum, like I've said.

It's much easier to change your own view than to change several hundred. Not to mention, you won't even reach these several hundred in forum, and it's a bit pretentious to believe that they would willingly submit sub-optimal decks in arena just for you, not to mention that you yourself would continue using cookie cutter decks as, you yourself have said, you only farm platinum for the cash.

Does that make more sense too?
Yeah, still I don't see what's wrong with trying.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197217#msg1197217
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 07:30:57 pm »
Just remember the game maker had implemented the arena with the intention of forcing players to use more original decks
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Cardplayer

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Cardplayer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • An Elemental Guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197218#msg1197218
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 07:34:33 pm »
Just remember the game maker had implemented the arena with the intention of forcing players to use more original decks

I thought the arena was set so players would have less incentive to put up farms (and less need to).
A player of cards, Elements cards that is.

Offline J617

• J617 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: To all the active players in the Arena. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=58923.msg1197219#msg1197219
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 07:47:10 pm »
I thought I would reply here because maybe my experience may give you some possible other explanations, in addition to what DM and others posted.  I used to try making a lot of original decks.  I have made some combos which I had never seen similar before.  Of course, those that did better, well, I have seen the ideas used since.  Now, does this mean that those type of decks never existed before, no, but having not seem them in the prior years, they certainly weren't common.  Problem was, my more original decks did not get me any more thumbs up, and of course, they usually lost more often than did my better decks.  And in Platinum, a few loses and you are out (even if you have more wins than losses).  So decks such as those are less likely to stay in there long.  And why be original if there is no benefit to do so (few thumbs up to help keep it active). 

But what really got to me was that most EVERYONE was playing the same few decks to farm Platinum, i.e., PDIALS.  No originality what so ever.  And few ways for my decks to win.  And no, I do NOT want to give away the win to those farming; I actually WANT my decks to win.  Opponents should have to work at it to win.  Do I play any of those cookie cutter decks when I farm Platinum, no, but most people do.  Besides this, I happened to become more busy and have had less time to spend being original.  The above is the frustration which made me adjust my decks to having some which are more likely to win.  Are they exactly the same as others, not likely.  With the exception of decks which are meant to outlast such as Light decks, most people don't use 60 card decks, while I mostly do.  This means that although I may have some of the strategies of of some others, I have additional cards, which means that the play is more likely varied each time.  Have I ever entered those decks you quoted?  Some of those you quoted I have never made, but I have others, i.e., mono Darkness.  But I have never ever made a PDials type for the AI to play.  But what is one to do if one is given five Black Dragon to play?  Like I said, I usually use 60 cards, so I have some extra cards that others may not use, but it will be what you would consider as a similar idea.  Do I ever play mono Aether decks?  Definitely, but seldom using a stack of Dimensional Shields (unless those were the cards provided).  Etc.  I actually like using varied strategies within a deck.

Like many others, I would love to get a #1 deck, but since I am still not doing exactly what most top decks do, even though I have many decks which do well, I still haven't placed in the top ten.

Ghaladh, this is how I feel:  When the majority of the people use original, or at least much more varied decks to farm Platinum, I would be much more inclined to post more original ones again myself.  Think about that!  (I actually would very much appreciate the change.)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:23:27 pm by J617 »

anything
blarg: