*Author

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg367387#msg367387
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:34 pm »
bump

I know this is a really old topic, but this deserves to be finished - I'm sure that it will help many rookies!
And it deserves to get attention. :)
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Scaredgirl

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg367923#msg367923
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 05:24:23 pm »
bump

I know this is a really old topic, but this deserves to be finished - I'm sure that it will help many rookies!
And it deserves to get attention. :)
I had forgotten this even existed. Again. :)

After WoE launches, I will try to find time to finally finish this project, regardless of whether or not it is a failure. I just hope that the account I used for this has not been auto-deleted and I remember the password. :)

Offline Kardo

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Kardo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg369204#msg369204
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:14 am »
I hope you don't mind me posting my screenshots and explaining the 8-hour adventure of "NoobRaisin" - name inspired by a box of cereal.

I used spoilers tags to cut down on the amount of text and picture spam.

Hour 1:
I followed the first hour from the OP, building the same deck though with slightly worse results. I made an Arena deck with this deck + 5 Oracle cards (I forget which now). Not much else to say here, usual AI3 farming.
30 Wins, 4 Losses. 875 Electrum (rewards from quests included).

Hour 2:
I decided to continue farming AI3. I had better results than before but didn't win many useful cards from spins.
40 Wins, 3 Losses. 812 Electrum. Chose Eternity for weapon, but forgot to get it until after I took the screenshot.

Hour 3:
Time to move on to Half-bloods. I basically made the deck from Phase5. Surprisingly I only got 1 EM. Seemed like almost every opponent had Earthquake, Poison or Momentum, stopping me from EMing w/o a perfect finish with the Sword, or not having enough quanta to chain shields and fractal.
7 Wins, 8 Losses. 184 Electrum. (-1137 used to purchase cards for the deck. Gained 44 Electrum from Arena wins)
All in all, not a good run and would have been much better off staying in AI3. I made another Arena deck with Entropy Pendulums. It's currently at 16/13 after 1 day. Not too useful but every bit helps.

Hour 4:
Another hour of Half-bloods. Same deck, much luckier result. Same problem with EMs as above, but I was lucky enough to get 2 Upped cards, Elite Pegasus and Sky Dragon.
9 Wins, 12 Losses. 141 Electrum + 2328 from Upped cards when sold. Combined with the above result = 1516 Electrum vs ~1600 from 2 hours of AI3 farming. AI3 for consistency, Half-Blood if you feel lucky.

Hour 5:
False Gods! I use modified version of SG's unupped Rainbow: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1615.0.html . I'm sure there are better modifications than the ones I made, but it works reasonably well for me.

Method to achieve this:
Sold Sky Dragon, Catapult and Bone Dragon for 1281 Electrum.
Bought the below deck minus cards I already had for 1643 Electrum.
Probably should have sold the Elite Pegasus and a few more cards to upgrade an Otyugh or Hourglass, but I held off in case I were able to keep the Pegasus for Arena/AI3 play.

FG results from this hour:
Osiris - Loss
Destiny - Win (EM)
Divine Glory - Loss
Gemini - Loss (Bad draw)
Akebono - Win (EM)
Hermes - Loss
Jezebel - Quit (Turn3 Gravity Nymph sucks!)
Serket - Loss
Serket - Loss
Miracle - Win (EM) - won Improved Blessing
Scorpio - Loss
Osiris - Loss (Started well but couldn't finish setting up fast enough)
Rainbow - Loss
Hermes - Loss
Paradox - Loss (Didn't get Otyugh out fast enough)
Hermes - Loss (Best I'd done against Hermes in the 8 hours. Had Otyugh and Eternity out fast but his excessive damage + my lack of gravity quanta killed me).
Lionheart - Loss
Decay - Loss (Close, long game. Got Sanctuary up early, but Pests killed me before I could get Rain of fire for Otyughs to eat).
Osiris - Quit (Terrible draw + good start for him)
Eternal Phx. - Loss
End Result:
3 Wins, 17 Losses. -135 Electrum + 1158 from Improved Blessing when sold.

Hour 6:
More FGs. I sold the Improved Blessing and Elite Pegasus and upgraded an Hourglass.

Obliterator - Loss
Neptune - Loss (Horrible Draw)
Incarnate - Loss (Twice in a row)
Graviton - Loss
Fire Queen - Loss (Would have had it but didn't have any non-skeletons to rewind. Should have planned better)
Osiris - Win (EM) (Stole his Eternity and slowed him down enough to win)
Fire Queen - Loss
Decay - Win (EM)
Hermes - Loss
Dark Matter - Loss
Hermes - Loss
Morte - Loss
Octane - Quit
Destiny - Win (EM) - Won Fallen Druid and Rewind, awesome!
Incarnate - Loss
Paradox - Win (EM)
Hermes - Quit
Chaos Lord - Win (EM) - Won Explosion
I sold the Rewind to upgrade another Hourglass and replaced Fallen Elf with Fallen Druid right after the win over Destiny.

End Result:
5 Wins, 13 Losses. 250 Electrum + 3475 from Upped cards when sold (included Fallen Druid despite not selling).

Hour 7:
Yet more FGs. A few upgraded cards help. I sold the Explosion won above and upgraded an Otyugh.

Rainbow - Quit (Terrible draw)
Eternal Phx. - Loss
Miracle - Loss (Fastest loss I've ever had against Miracle)
Eternal Phx. - Loss
Graviton - Loss
Neptune - Loss
Osiris - Loss
Dark Matter - Loss
Serket - Quit
Jezebel - Loss
Serket - Quit
Hecate - Loss
Destiny - Win (EM) - Won Chaos power and Rewind (Destiny is seriously awesome)
Gemini - Loss (Stupid mistake on my part, used hourglass too fast and didn't have quanta for Sundial)
Osiris - Loss
Eternal Phx. - Loss
Ferox - Loss
Incarnate - Win (EM) - Won Vampire
Eternal Phx. - Loss
Obliterator - Quit
Ferox - Loss
Eternal Phx. - Loss
I sold the Chaos power, Rewind and Vampire and upgraded an Otyugh and another Hourglass.

End result:
2 Wins, 20 Losses. -335 Electrum + 3475 from sold Upped cards.

Hour 8:
Last hour and last group of FGs to face off against.

Incarnate - Win (EM)
Hecate - Loss
Neptune - Win (EM)
Octane - Loss
Divine Glory - Loss
Osiris - Loss
Jezebel - Loss
Elidnis - Win (EM)
Ferox - Loss
Miracle - Loss
Dream Catcher - Quit (Butterfly effect came up very fast)
Rainbow - Quit
Ferox - Win (EM)
Jezebel - Loss
Gemini - Loss
End results:
4 Wins, 11 Losses. 160 Electrum
Not a very climactic way to end the run, but I can't complain. I got really lucky winning 2 cards from Destiny twice (and winning 3 cards from 2 wins in Hour7).

I can't say whether I was successful or not. For 8 hours of playing I think I'm in a fair position to continue making plenty of Electrum and winning cards in the future. When I first started it took me a lot longer than 8 hours to get to this point. Overall I gained 8048 Electrum over 4 hours of FG farming. On average 2k per hour which should increase as more cards are upgraded (then again I was pretty lucky with winning cards, so the expected average might be lower). Grand total if every card were sold and combined with current Electrum is 11398.

Regardless, it was fun and I'm glad I stumbled across this thread to give it a try.

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg371584#msg371584
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 04:21:25 am »
One of the most interesting threads I've come across on this forum. Would love to see it finished. Thank you for sharing!

LaFlibuste

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg375502#msg375502
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:18 pm »
[..] regardless of whether or not it is a failure.
I thought the thread was pretty interesting. I've been lurking around the game, forum and (old?) wiki for a few days now, and tried different approaches, and this still gave me good cues. Even if you judge your initial attempt a faillure, especially in regard to your results facing the half-bloods, I still got some good cues from it all:

1) In retrospect, EM are not really worth it. I used to play a fractal devourer/minor vampire dark/aether deck (and tried a few others along the way, but this was my most successful), got quite a few EM, but reading this and trying it out, I realise that by the time I made 1 EM with my old deck, this fast rainbow one won 2-3 games, which means having grossly the same amount of electrum and 6 more chances at spinning cards.

2) Half-bloods are tricky opponents, if anything, and may not be worth the trouble. As Kardo said, it depends wether or not you feel lucky. The Electrum reward is definitely not worth it: it is higher, but games are lenghtier to play and much more likely to end with your demise. What really makes up for it is the opportunity to win upgraded cards, but maybe you'd still be better sticking with AI3 until you could up about 4-8 cards and just going strainght for the FGs, which, while they prove to be much stronger opponents than HBs, give good card pay-off.

Also, I'd say kardo was successful. Sure, he got lucky with the HBs, but if you replaced that with 2-4 hours of elders, I think it'd mostly even out.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg387825#msg387825
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2011, 08:12:25 pm »
Kardo what you did wrong was that you didn't realize that when you first start out the fastest way to make money/score is through PvP1. If you make the base deck and then do the first quest and then go straight into PvP1 you can make 100 electrum and 80 or so score just from winning the first PvP1 game you play(this actually happens a lot with most decks that you can make right from the darkness deck). I just did that and made 101 electrum and 80 score off of my opponent who went for grabbix with a fog shield and a couple forest spirits. I saved a steal and replaced the unicorn with it so I could steal the shield and I ended the game with 2 spirits. One@11/11 the second@9/9 and a shrieker. He had 2 phoenixes and 3 shriekers and because of his own shield he lost. :3

Offline mwaetht

• Reputation Power: 5
  • mwaetht is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg388003#msg388003
« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2011, 04:41:21 am »
I hope you don't mind me posting my screenshots and explaining the 8-hour adventure of "NoobRaisin" - name inspired by a box of cereal.

I used spoilers tags to cut down on the amount of text and picture spam.

Hour 5:
False Gods! I use modified version of SG's unupped Rainbow: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,1615.0.html . I'm sure there are better modifications than the ones I made, but it works reasonably well for me.

Method to achieve this:
Sold Sky Dragon, Catapult and Bone Dragon for 1281 Electrum.
Bought the below deck minus cards I already had for 1643 Electrum.
Probably should have sold the Elite Pegasus and a few more cards to upgrade an Otyugh or Hourglass, but I held off in case I were able to keep the Pegasus for Arena/AI3 play.

End Result:
3 Wins, 17 Losses. -135 Electrum + 1158 from Improved Blessing when sold.

Hour 6:
More FGs. I sold the Improved Blessing and Elite Pegasus and upgraded an Hourglass.

I sold the Rewind to upgrade another Hourglass and replaced Fallen Elf with Fallen Druid right after the win over Destiny.

End Result:
5 Wins, 13 Losses. 250 Electrum + 3475 from Upped cards when sold (included Fallen Druid despite not selling).

Hour 7:
Yet more FGs. A few upgraded cards help. I sold the Explosion won above and upgraded an Otyugh.

I sold the Chaos power, Rewind and Vampire and upgraded an Otyugh and another Hourglass.

End result:
2 Wins, 20 Losses. -335 Electrum + 3475 from sold Upped cards.

Hour 8:
Last hour and last group of FGs to face off against.

End results:
4 Wins, 11 Losses. 160 Electrum
Not a very climactic way to end the run, but I can't complain. I got really lucky winning 2 cards from Destiny twice (and winning 3 cards from 2 wins in Hour7).

I can't say whether I was successful or not. For 8 hours of playing I think I'm in a fair position to continue making plenty of Electrum and winning cards in the future. When I first started it took me a lot longer than 8 hours to get to this point. Overall I gained 8048 Electrum over 4 hours of FG farming. On average 2k per hour which should increase as more cards are upgraded (then again I was pretty lucky with winning cards, so the expected average might be lower). Grand total if every card were sold and combined with current Electrum is 11398.

I think the main problem was your choice of unupped deck. SG's unupped currently sucks when completely unupped, and even with the suggested seven upgrades, the FG Efficiency Study http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25609.new;topicseen#new (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25609.new;topicseen#new) suggests you'll only be making 768 electrum an hour. A better choice would have been Liquid Antimatter; I'm currently using it upped, and it is AWESOME.

Giantfrog

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg389122#msg389122
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2011, 11:25:35 pm »
The biggest issue I see is the un upped deck for anti liquid is as its unupped has a high loss chance agaisnt most the fgs and a meh chance against others.  There are a select few it seems to take when its not upped the point of the topic wasn't that he made a bad choice in decks the fact is when you have a 20% chance to win with an unupped fg farm deck and about 3 of the fgs that actually are wasy kills you have a lot that will be a struggle. RNG plays a huge roll on cards dealt and picked up. What fg your facing so on. You can't say someones unupped deck isn't as good as your is upped its not a fair comparison at all.

EIther case is Anti Liquid has a "20%" chance to win assuming you skip the ones you won't beat which leaves I think three or 4 that is doable without upgrades and still the chance of beating them soley rides on your draws.

If there's any typos its because I'm on my droid just smahing keys away.

adrix89

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg389216#msg389216
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2011, 06:52:31 am »
The biggest issue I see is the un upped deck for anti liquid is as its unupped has a high loss chance agaisnt most the fgs and a meh chance against others.  There are a select few it seems to take when its not upped the point of the topic wasn't that he made a bad choice in decks the fact is when you have a 20% chance to win with an unupped fg farm deck and about 3 of the fgs that actually are wasy kills you have a lot that will be a struggle. RNG plays a huge roll on cards dealt and picked up. What fg your facing so on. You can't say someones unupped deck isn't as good as your is upped its not a fair comparison at all.

EIther case is Anti Liquid has a "20%" chance to win assuming you skip the ones you won't beat which leaves I think three or 4 that is doable without upgrades and still the chance of beating them soley rides on your draws.

If there's any typos its because I'm on my droid just smahing keys away.
With a bit of strategy (http://elementscommunity.org/wiki/decks/anti-false-god-decks/liquid-antimatter-unupped-fg-farmer/) and a bit of luck its not that bad,chances aside you can win a ton of money, and getting you're first  upped card while noobs grind ai3 for rays of light and lobotomizers is just delicious.
You also only need chaos power to  give you better chances against FG and you can upgrade them over time as every bit helps.
Liquid antimatter is just the best unupgraded deck period.

Giantfrog

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg389287#msg389287
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »
The point was that the previous post was saying that the wrong deck was being used. This was not the problem, the original point was in 8 hours get rich in 8 steps. When it came time for him to do fg's the deck he was using just doesn't really cut it any,ore. The poster compared his upped version to the unupped deck and claiming it was a bad move and should use liquid anti matter. I'm by all means not saying its a bad deck but you canMt really compare an upped deck to unupped. There is a huge margin of difference between the 2 versions. Unupped takes an extreme amount of luck since your only real chances are about 4 out of 30 and in that say 4 out of 30 fg's you still have a 20% chance to win. One is an easy fight which is lionheart but case being told all I said is that it wasn't he was using the wrong deck since he was simply redoing the noob diaries and posting his results. I used the fractal gotp deck for a short while its meh I've always like the rol/hope personally but when you are a noob you don't always get the best of coices you take what you can and even if they read the fg sufficiency the could figure out what decks they might try and what things to fight but a true noob may not understand the all so simple strategy behind most the decks. That's is something that should always be explained to a noob. I think I've spent 4 hours on a diff account doing this and at 6:5k but I haven't done any fg;s as of yet in 5 hours and I'm hoping I can build a rol/hope by hour 8. I have not won any cards that wdre upped as of yetand my hb luck kept breaking me even. I play on a droid at the moment so I can only handle so much that is going on with fgs since it runs super slow.

adrix89

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg389296#msg389296
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:42 pm »
While there is a big difference between upped and unupped versions of the deck,generally unupped liquid is still the best deck out even compared to some partially upgraded decks.
You can't really have bad hand with it since you can only get pendulums, antimatter, liquid or dusk.
You know what opponents to skip and you know what the tricky gods are and how to fight them.
If you are starting out you really have 2 choices, you can either grind the ai3 to death or you can fight smart.

Giantfrog

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg389300#msg389300
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2011, 02:47:05 pm »
Being a thread for "Noobs" and how to get rich they may not fully understand as unpped liquid antimatter they will be burning a lot of electrum just to gain some. Id agree it has the best win rate but as an unpped deck while I pointed out its noobs stuck looking at a deck not knowing who to skip who to atleast attempt and who their 3 easy wins are. Out of 30 FG'S your chance of getting 4 Doable ones is pretty low with adding 2 more that are a complete challenge and draw based. Most noobs will not take
those factors into account and most don't really think about skipping. When I originally started I didn't think of it.

Don't expect noobs to fully understand what they are doing they still need some tips along with decks even if its simple minded, I know I have lost matches because instead of doing the smart thing I just did whatever randomly not caring.

My droid causes way to many typos

blarg: