*Author

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149725#msg149725
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:08 pm »
Ok, then I see what the problem is. The problem, with ai5 vs ai3 is that you have to know your opponent and expect everything. If they are an ai that could have some type of mass CC, take a look at their hand. Are they constantly holdin on to 1-2 cards in their hand, when they have plenty of quanta? Even if they dont have much, pay attention. If so, only put a total of 3 frogs down, to see if they destroy them, and then you have however many that were in your hand left when the opponent plays their counter.

Not to be harsh, but ai5 does have a degree of difficulty that requires you to know and understand your opponent, and what kind of card pool they may be drawing from, and if you cant do that, then you will lose continuously. Its not the decks or lucks fault that Im seeing in your description of battles, its yours.

Every deck will have a problem with quicksand, but out of a total of 70 ai5 games that ive been playing, not nearly enough have mass cc for it to be a problem if you play it right.

My advice, pay attention to the mark, and secondary towers they put downb. That way you can know what you will be facing to a certain degree. That will increase your win rate a lot
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Ant-n-ero

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149775#msg149775
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2010, 11:39:34 pm »
nice, makes a change from eading/trying the 'How to get rich in 1 day' thread :D ^_^
keep up the good work SG, can't wait for parts  6-8!! I wanna know if you make it to FG slayer :O :S :L

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149804#msg149804
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2010, 12:06:34 am »
[sarcasm]
wasnt this supposed to be a "get rich in 8 hours" thing, not a "get rich in 360 hours" thing? (i did the math and its been roughly 360 hours since she started this thing)
[/sarcasm]
jk, i know you have a lot of things on your list, i understand that this is rather low on your list.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

darksamurai

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149943#msg149943
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:58 am »
Ok, then I see what the problem is. The problem, with ai5 vs ai3 is that you have to know your opponent and expect everything. If they are an ai that could have some type of mass CC, take a look at their hand. Are they constantly holdin on to 1-2 cards in their hand, when they have plenty of quanta? Even if they dont have much, pay attention. If so, only put a total of 3 frogs down, to see if they destroy them, and then you have however many that were in your hand left when the opponent plays their counter.

Not to be harsh, but ai5 does have a degree of difficulty that requires you to know and understand your opponent, and what kind of card pool they may be drawing from, and if you cant do that, then you will lose continuously. Its not the decks or lucks fault that Im seeing in your description of battles, its yours.

Every deck will have a problem with quicksand, but out of a total of 70 ai5 games that ive been playing, not nearly enough have mass cc for it to be a problem if you play it right.

My advice, pay attention to the mark, and secondary towers they put downb. That way you can know what you will be facing to a certain degree. That will increase your win rate a lot
Interesting, and mayve you've reason on this. I know a little the Fake gods so I try to prevent what they do, and I guess I understand what I am talking about.

But then this shouldn't be on this guide. This is called "The noob diaries: How to get rich in 8 hours". First she grinds over AI3 and doesn't comment anything about the enemy. Then she grinds over AI5 and doesn't comment this either, like if no attention was needed with that deck. She only advices to use frog and fractal on the same round, be careful to not waste aether's quantas for shields when using fractals and such, basic advices on how-to use the deck, not anything about how facing those enemies.

So I conclude that the AI5 chapter is not for noobs that just started, I will try to note down every AI5 name (I never use to farm them, its faster to farm AI3 and get cash or to get upgraded cards with fake gods, kinda faster..) and try to monitorize how they play, and then I will try the deck knowing them more.

ScaredGirl, I recommend you to add a note on the AI5 chapter advising that you NEED to know everyone of them before using this deck, or otherwise you will mostly get owned. This DOES NOT HAPPEN when you use the normal AI5 deck (the all-aether one), since the only knowledge needed is to use the phase shields as late as possible, you don't need to know the enemy at any point. On this deck I have to say that you need some luck in the order drawing the cards, more than in other decks.

The AI3 farmings chapters don't need you to have knowledge, the AI5 grinding with the mono-aether deck either, but the AI5 EM deck NEEDS you to know every single half blood or you will lose most of the matches.

Thanks a lot for your comments, they make a lot of sense. But I really don't see how knowledge could be used except in the rain of fire thing, I mean, this deck can't do absolutely anything to enemies that spam phase shields (you will either get out of shields and die or if you have shields or the healing system mounted you will deck-out), or have 300 explosions breaking or stealing your shields in hard moments and making you lose... Or also you cannot fight some of the half bloods that uses titans as weapons, use momentums on mostly all their creatures... and pretty much at the firsts rounds!!.

Offline ~Napalm

• Reputation Power: 25
  • ~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.~Napalm is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Nerf the Shards, Buff the Cards!
  • Awards: 4th Trials - Master of Fire3rd Trials - Master of FireWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149979#msg149979
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2010, 03:37:58 am »
Hehe. I don't even remember how I started, but it seems to have worked alright xD

Ps. Yay, post 30 :) ignore me xD
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg149990#msg149990
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2010, 04:03:46 am »
Samarui, the AI 5 decks are created at random if Im not mistaken. When I said know the card pool, I mean potentially know what you can be up against based on the mark and secondary towers alone. They have aether and fire? expect lightning, Rofs and phase shields. Maybe a fire buckler as well.  Entropy? Expect chaos seeds and pandemoniums.  That knowledge will help you dramatically.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

smuglapse

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg150010#msg150010
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2010, 04:38:07 am »
Samarui, the AI 5 decks are created at random if Im not mistaken.
Right.

Quote from: Wiki
Element : Prefix – suffix

* Air: Ari – es
    * Earth : Ter – ra
    * Fire : Pyr – ofuze
    * Water : Aqua – rius
    * Light : Lum – iel
    * Dark : Shad – ow
    * Entropy : Dis – cord
    * Gravity : Mas – sa
    * Time : Chr – onos
    * Aether : Aeth – eric
    * Life : Vit – al
    * Death : Mor – tis

For example, Aethrius will be an Aether/Water deck with Mark of Water x3, and Teriel will be an Earth/Light deck with Mark of Light x3.
There are 144 combinations in total, most of them are Dual decks. However, if you encounter Half-Bloods such as Lumiel or Pyrofuze, they will be Mono decks because the prefix and suffix are from the same element.
Things to know

The main difficulty difference between AI3 and Half Bloods comes from the increase in health.

The decks are not especially well constructed they are Dual Decks with the primary element being the element of the prefix.

All Half-Bloods carry a rare weapon.The rare weapon is the element of the prefix. They may also have a rare weapon of the other element. Mores has Owl’s Eye, for instance.

Credit to Bloodshadow for writing a large portion of this

Offline manaboy100

• Reputation Power: 5
  • manaboy100 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • *staaaaaaaaaare*
Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg150062#msg150062
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2010, 08:22:37 am »
We should make a book about Elements xD
*staaaaaaaaaare*

Ant-n-ero

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg150069#msg150069
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2010, 08:40:36 am »
there's a thought, an Elements novel, a persons struggle from being rased as a fleeing orphan from a burning village, to becoming a False-God slayer and saving humanity from this scourge!!....or something like that XD

darksamurai

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg150183#msg150183
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2010, 04:00:00 pm »
Samarui, the AI 5 decks are created at random if Im not mistaken. When I said know the card pool, I mean potentially know what you can be up against based on the mark and secondary towers alone. They have aether and fire? expect lightning, Rofs and phase shields. Maybe a fire buckler as well.  Entropy? Expect chaos seeds and pandemoniums.  That knowledge will help you dramatically.
It can help you, but most of the times you can do nothing about it. I can know that he has rofs in hand, I put 3 creatures, he use one, then I put more, he uses another, and so on. If they have shields, you can do nothing but suffer. If they get a pulverizer out, explosions, steals or creatures with destroy, you will lose all your emphatic bonds. If he drews a lot of enemies and applies momentums, you will probably lose. If they call pandemonium, you're like fucked at that moment.

You can know what he's going to do but you cant do absolutely nothing to evade it. You have no cc, no pc, no nothing. You can only decide when to fractal and when to use the shields, nothing else.

That's what I'm refering too. You have 4 fractals, if he has 6x2 rofs you will get fucked in any possible way since he will constantly spam them!

Right now, I'm battleing "Distis", Entropy-Death, and he has a vulture with 'destroy'. He is destroying my shields and emphatics bonds, I can't do absolutely nothing here! Anyway, I get 20 creatures out, he has only 6. I know he can use pandemonium, and he does it. Of his 6 creatures, only ONE is affected by pandemonium. Of my 20 ones, I get mostly all of them killed or reverted and congealed. As conclusion, 2 left attacking the enemy, and one with antimatter there.

EDIT: Now I fought Lumiel, mono-light. That was a piece of cake. EM. Even won an upgraded card! 'Elite Pegasus" :D

EDIT: Now I faced Masow, which was even easier than Lumiel. Another cake EM.

I am starting to think that you didn't face the same HBs than me with this deck, because I can also find a lot of easy ones, but with the destroyers/momentums/bad shields ones you can't do anything at all!! There are 13x13 possible HBs, this means 169 different HBs, and you can be an hour killing easy ones and I can be an hour killing hard ones with which ones this deck doesn't work!

Centony

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg150212#msg150212
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »
there's a thought, an Elements novel, a persons struggle from being rased as a fleeing orphan from a burning village, to becoming a False-God slayer and saving humanity from this scourge!!....or something like that XD
I think it would be closer to a lazy college student who started playing elements, dropped out of college, became a master of elements, and replaced zanz. Not that anyone could replace zanz *looks both ways in a frightened fashion*

King of doom

Re: The Noob Diaries - How to Become Rich in 8 Hours https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=11367.msg160243#msg160243
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2010, 11:51:45 pm »
Whens part 6 coming out? I can't wait

anything
blarg: