*Author

Kuross

Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg212423#msg212423
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:41:13 am »
Mkay, gotcha now ;)

I think now I understand how peeps can manipulate the game, iffn' ya now what I mean, so my security issues seem moot.

Guess if it's possible to play offline at the moment, I see no reason why not to go with an official downloadable version.

Moderator Comment Removed some stuff. Educating people is not always a good idea.

Offline zombie0

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg212460#msg212460
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 12:58:15 pm »
id personally like a die to roll with all the status effects.  /roll  *steal* :D
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg212461#msg212461
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 01:06:38 pm »
id personally like a die to roll with all the status effects.  /roll  *steal* :D
For the forum? I love stuff like that! We definitely need it XP
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Colossus

Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230623#msg230623
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 02:26:59 am »
Is there a way to play the game without using a browser. My flash player keeps crashing mid FG grinding, sucks to lose a game without actually losing it, and it's not worth playing if it keeps crashing.

Anyone know a way to fix this, or play the game without a browser and still be saved?

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230629#msg230629
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 02:41:28 am »
Its very possilble to download the game. All Zanz would have to do is have it store the information in local storage, just like how other games that arent multiplayer save games, instead of saving it on his end. Doesnt seem like a hard thing to do, and Zanz could probably easily do it if he wanted to, but he chooses not o because of his opinion of how his game should be played.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230640#msg230640
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 02:55:38 am »
I like this idea.  Even when you can't connect to the internet, you should be able to play against the ai's or something in that vein of thought.  The extra graphics and other stuff is just icing on the cake.

Offline jmizzle7

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmizzle7 is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'm kind of a big deal. People know me.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSS Competition #1 1stCard Design Competition Winner
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230651#msg230651
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 03:02:22 am »
A standalone version of the game means no ads, which means no revenue for zanzarino. No revenue for zanz means Elements is not funded. No funding for Elements means no more Elements.

Moral of the story: play Elements the way it is intended to be played - in your web browser.

Offline ZephyrPhantom

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 101
  • ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ZephyrPhantom is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeFlavour Text Revival Competition - WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230655#msg230655
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 03:05:27 am »
Yes sir!  And people can always play from browser phones anyways. ;)

Sir Rebrl

Re: Should Elements make an Elements Card Game offline? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16568.msg230764#msg230764
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 06:11:55 am »
A desktop app version of Elements would simply allow users to play against AI when they don't have operational internets, and it could still have PVP that would require LAN or internets. The internet portion could still have ads - I think - so the only revenue necessarily lost is when people can't get on to generate revenue anyway... so 0.

I think. I could be wrong. I fully admit I reeeeaaaaaaally want a desktop app version so I may be unconsciously forgetting things that'd make it be bad. :D

blarg: