*Author

Dengeki

PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431728#msg431728
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:24:15 am »
 :darkness so can anyone tell me why they go to pvp and just let the timer run out, what is the advantage. and if timing out lets you play against a npc controlled deck. i would like to know so that i dont use my decks in it. since i play decks that take human intelligence to play correctly( meaning if folk get to play a npc version of my deck they have an unfair advantage to beat my deck and possibly get cards i have worked hard for/ or donated for). so any ideas on why folk join pvp and just let the timer run out??.
thanks, peace.
:life+ :time= :death

Firenotes

Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431729#msg431729
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:25:45 am »
Would also like to know about this. It happens more often than i think it should...

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431731#msg431731
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:35:13 am »
If you go into PvP and let your timer run out, you lose. The reason you see your opponent's timer run out is because of a disruption somewhere- bad lag, a slow connection- that sort of thing. You're still connected, and your opponent's still connected, but neither of you are connected to each other. Or, if your opponent actually leaves, then he/she loses- but if their AI beats you, then both players lose the match.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431735#msg431735
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:39:07 am »
A lot of people who join random PvP have incredibly unstable internet connections, whether it be slower or completely obsolete.  This causes problems when receiving and sending information to and from the server and can cause timeouts.

The other likely cause is a desynch which is caused by the servers as soon as the duel starts.  In PvP Duel this commonly occurs and will usually result in one player getting in to the match and the other sitting out or connecting later and seeing the exact same happen on their side.  In random PvP this happens the same way.  The servers aren't exactly high quality, so this problem is more common than everyone would like.

To my knowledge, purposely waiting for the timer to run down to zero can cause a few things to happen:  Either you immediately go to the You Lose screen or your move is made by the AI (this doesn't always mean that the AI takes over permanently, for some reason).  If it were 100% guaranteed that waiting until the clock runs out caused the AI to take over for both players during the duel then I would guess that players choose to do this to make the duel take less time and become easier by facing an AI.  But this is far from the truth and I can't see the benefits of doing this on purpose continually.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Dengeki

Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431736#msg431736
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:40:29 am »
so if they timer out they dont get to win anything from my deck even if their deck wins.? if so then that is ok, kinda. i mean if they dont get to win anything why do so many folk timer out- so often?.
 :darkness lol, i got all the answers i needed while posting this. thank you 'Master of Life'. for your reply to this.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431737#msg431737
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:50 am »
so if they timer out they dont get to win anything from my deck even if their deck wins.? if so then that is ok, kinda. i mean if they dont get to win anything why do so many folk timer out- so often?.
 :darkness
People don't time out because they want to. It's usually due to bad connection and a desynch happens.

Firenotes

Re: PVP-timeing out?? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34229.msg431738#msg431738
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:42:00 am »
glad that was cleared up, thanks you 2 ^_^

anything
blarg: