*Author

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133308#msg1133308
« Reply #672 on: April 16, 2014, 11:33:34 pm »
I used to consider this a 'trainer' for EtG trainer. EtG trainer is used to test decks while OEtG was used to test card ideas and such. It has steered away with that with larger updates like booster packs. IMO, this would have been MUCH better with a series of polls asking if XXXX should be implemented over XXXX.

I wasnt here when it was a trainer, so I cant comment on that, but it does seem the transition from card tester to seperate game sorta just happened without anyone realizing it.

I think the big problem with oETG is that it literally stands for open ETG, and it is having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment as know one really knows what it quite is right now.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133309#msg1133309
« Reply #673 on: April 16, 2014, 11:38:45 pm »
Really, the only way to test cards for inclusion in EtG is going to be making a clone of the game. if anything is changed there will be no way any card can be balanced to those currently in game...

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133313#msg1133313
« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2014, 12:10:18 am »
Really, the only way to test cards for inclusion in EtG is going to be making a clone of the game. if anything is changed there will be no way any card can be balanced to those currently in game...

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other on oEtG, but if new cards are added to a clone of the game, and balanced, then new cards can be added to that on top of the added and balanced previously new cards.  That would still serve the same balancing role, and allow CIA goers to have something to actually aspire to, given the dejected attitude players have towards it as of now.
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133314#msg1133314
« Reply #675 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:33 am »
oEtG can still be seen as a balance tool for EtG. The core of the game and gameplay hasn't been changed and all the new cards are in the Armory, so they have already been discussed, liked and voted (Except Chaos Shield I think).
Yes, some buffs and nerfs have been made, many of them discussed in GS&F too, iirc (like the eternal dim shield's imbalance discussion). Also small stuff like permanents acting before creatures attack, something zanz changed long ago because of a bug he couldn't fix (it was the original idea after all) and a better AI is in development (many many pages of AI Improvement say it's needed).

Now, I don't see anything wrong in adding some fun to the game. Booster packs and trading is a good combination of features if cards are a bit harder to get, but that's subjective.  New AIs can still be proposed and tested, such as cards, and you can use the "trainer mode" to test stuff without gaining all the cards.

If it makes you (you = everyone oposing to oetg) happier, I'm pretty sure some people can easily make a simple EtG back up apart from the current oEtG so it can be used as a duel tool for the times of server bork, specially tournaments, without any changes to etg's cards and mechanics.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133320#msg1133320
« Reply #676 on: April 17, 2014, 01:24:37 am »
I used to consider this a 'trainer' for EtG trainer. EtG trainer is used to test decks while OEtG was used to test card ideas and such. It has steered away with that with larger updates like booster packs. IMO, this would have been MUCH better with a series of polls asking if XXXX should be implemented over XXXX.

I wasnt here when it was a trainer, so I cant comment on that, but it does seem the transition from card tester to seperate game sorta just happened without anyone realizing it.

I think the big problem with oETG is that it literally stands for open ETG, and it is having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment as know one really knows what it quite is right now.
I think this a good reason for why we need some kind of a sub-board for this. At this point openEtG has grown to the point where it can do pretty much whatever someone can dream up.
We need a place to have community input as to what direction(s) it should take from here.
A single thread just cannot provide a vehicle for properly supporting development, coordination, and community feedback roles all at the same time.

At this point, we will have no idea on what Zanz thinks about this project until such time as he sees fit to make a comment on it (if ever ... he does have a life after all and something like this is likely just a tiny blip in the corner of the radar).

There has been a lot of talk about whether or not this project is really what the community wants... but we've only heard a handful of voices on the matter... I think the best thing to do at this point is to set up polling somewhere and let the community weigh in on the relevant issues here.
E.g.
-Is this project a good idea in and of itself
-What direction(s) should it take
-What content / suggestions should be added
-What should get removed.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133325#msg1133325
« Reply #677 on: April 17, 2014, 02:00:46 am »

-In short, yes.
-A training tool, foremost, and a complex balancing simulator. Once/if this thing gets PvP capabilities, (Sorry, hadn't seen the PvP button. Thanks, rob.) then it could be extremely viable for tournaments/duels for informal tournaments. (NVD, hint hint)
Not, at all, a replacement. Never.
-I think if the GUI gets polished a bit and the development gets stabilized after this initial dev period, then taking all the cards that are of extreme note in the Card Ideas and Art and adding them would be agreeable. Perhaps even a simulator version for creating your own cards and playtesting them.
-Removed? I dunno. I haven't played enough to find anything really go afoul of target, but if you're not going to sink more work into the Quests tab you've got open, then that might just be a waste of space.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:09:23 am by artimies7 »
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133327#msg1133327
« Reply #678 on: April 17, 2014, 02:06:11 am »

-In short, yes.
-A training tool, foremost, and a complex balancing simulator. Once/if this thing gets PvP capabilities, then it could be extremely viable for tournaments/duels for informal tournaments. (NVD, hint hint)
Not, at all, a replacement. Never.
-I think if the GUI gets polished a bit and the development gets stabilized after this initial dev period, then taking all the cards that are of extreme note in the Card Ideas and Art and adding them would be agreeable. Perhaps even a simulator version for creating your own cards and playtesting them.
-Removed? I dunno. I haven't played enough to find anything really go afoul of target, but if you're not going to sink more work into the Quests tab you've got open, then that might just be a waste of space.

It already has PvP capabilities.  There has been a completed tournament with it already.  (It was a play-at-the-pace-of-normal-forum-PvP-events type schedule though).
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133328#msg1133328
« Reply #679 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:58 am »

-It was.
-It should stop now.
-For now, nothing.
-A lot of stuff.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133329#msg1133329
« Reply #680 on: April 17, 2014, 02:08:40 am »
-snip-

It already has PvP capabilities.  There has been a completed tournament with it already.  (It was a play-at-the-pace-of-normal-forum-PvP-events type schedule though).

Ah, balls. I hadn't seen that. Thanks, Rob.

@DM Care to clarify? Or have I just not seen that either?
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133332#msg1133332
« Reply #681 on: April 17, 2014, 02:15:34 am »
A big problem this has, NO ONE has put any work into this thing aside from a few select people. People are wanting it to be a trainer/pvp when pvp is down thing, but those people arent putting any work into it. When it comes down to it, and this is a fact that people have to accept, is that its not a communiuty project. Its essentially (and this is coming from a guy thats been trying to help out with the gui) 1 guy doing all the work (previously serpex, now fippe) and everyone else wanting to be able to tell him what to do. Unless people want to take some responsibility for this and actually help instead of just complain, you have no right to say what it should be.

edit Odin, im not trying to dis you cause youve been helping out with it too, along with some other people, but Im talking any major thing being done being done by fippe/serepex.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline inthisroom

• Reputation Power: 13
  • inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.inthisroom is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Just ask
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of FireWinner of Draft #3 - PvP Event
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133335#msg1133335
« Reply #682 on: April 17, 2014, 02:55:27 am »
Unless people want to take some responsibility for this and actually help instead of just complain, you have no right to say what it should be.

Missing the point again, aren't we...

It's not about people being unhappy about what it is, it is about it being done without Zanzarino's explicit consent.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1133338#msg1133338
« Reply #683 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:22 am »
Unless people want to take some responsibility for this and actually help instead of just complain, you have no right to say what it should be.

Missing the point again, aren't we...

It's not about people being unhappy about what it is, it is about it being done without Zanzarino's explicit consent.
i think BP was talking to the rest of us about how, instead of suggesting stuff, we help code it in or something

blarg: