*Author

Offline Terran 3

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Terran 3 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hey there.
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131425#msg1131425
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2014, 12:27:45 pm »
The sentence for the quest opening is iffy, shouldn't it be "Perhaps you should go investigate?" rather than "Perhaps you should go investigating."
Dark winds blow across the land, will you run or will you stand?

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131429#msg1131429
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »
@d2d PvP being down is what spurred me to finally do this, but it was itching to be done beforehand. I'd been working on a python simulator which I rewrote to javascript/hacked/bugfixed for openEtG's game logic. & at this point Fippe's pushed progress well since unfortunately I'm a programmer who loses drive once core mechanics are finished

@BluePriest I was considering unlicense at some point. Where does openEtG claim to use that? I ended up finding that unlicense isn't really anything that should ever be used; license.txt is MIT license. To note: card art isn't included in the git repo

IANAL, but my intent was that code be released under MIT & graphics be left to whatever artists prefer. As of yet nobody has wanted more than credit, so it hasn't been an issue
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:13:45 pm by serprex »

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131431#msg1131431
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2014, 02:19:15 pm »
@Serpex, It never claims to use it. I was meaning in the event that you decide to use it since it was mentioned earlier in the thread. My bad if I said otherwise, I was up way later than I should have been (which is also probably why I missed the link that said click to play, and instead only saw all the links talking about how to help out with the game)
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131483#msg1131483
« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2014, 05:23:15 am »
You may or may not like a more beveled look. In case its something you would be interested in,  I did bevels for a few pieces of the art. If youd like it for more Id be more than willing to do it, I just figured Id only do it for a few until I knew if its something youd like or not....

http://imgur.com/a/qEnvg
Not sure if imgur keeps the png format

First off is the main screen. Couldnt decide on a bevel that I liked, so I gave some options.
Spoiler for Hidden:

Then some of the other assets (some text boxes, element icons, and the gold icon). I never could get the gold icon in a way I liked, but I really like how the elemental icons turned out.
Spoiler for Hidden:

If you are interested in having this style, then let me know, and Ill try and find any other assets that could use this treatment, and also find out how to use the push feature so that instead of posting here, I can just give you a new version of art that just needs approval to be live.

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131487#msg1131487
« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2014, 06:56:57 am »
I liked the idea at least for the elemental icons. As you can see they were not created having a bevel in mind and a lot of them look off-set (chroma, gravity, time and light) and the centering looks weird in others (fire, death, air and darkness). The other icons look fine.

I was thinking of redoing these anyway, so if you give a generic bevel as a greyscale + transparency image I could use it as a layer and make proper versions of the icons (as well as versions that look better when the size is even smaller, like in card texts and costs).
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131494#msg1131494
« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2014, 09:18:32 am »
My idea of an ice themed opponent for quests
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i4 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i9 5i9 5id 5id 5id 5id 8pp

with the new DGs, i have run out of ideas for now. thus, i can focus most/all of my open etg efforts to deckbuilding for this.

if you want story, that could be arranged ^^

i hope all of you dont think you cant participate in the deckbuilding things, i am merely a person who loves to build decks :)

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131496#msg1131496
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2014, 10:04:45 am »
You can make a short story with some decks if you want, that would be cool. I think it would be best if you sent it by pm to me though so that the decks/story becomes mor of a surprise for the players.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131509#msg1131509
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2014, 04:05:06 pm »
Added your art, BluePriest, looks really nice, but I am not too sure I like the buttons actually. If you want to continue working on UI, I recommend contacting SethKips who is currently working on it.

Also, want some feedback on quest system:
I am planning to have several independent quests, some which might be unlokced from the start, some which might unlock as you complete others (so a longer story maybe) and some that unlock when you finish certain requirements (such as gettin 100 light cards for example)

As you see in the Necromancer example quest, each stage in the quest is represented with an icon that you click to start the duel.

Now I want to  know what people think. Since you will have several quests, how will they be shown? Some alternatives:
1. One big map where all stages of all quests are shown, like it is now but with more quests on the same map (might be crowded when more quests is added)
2. A Menu that pops up when you click Quests the show a list of all the quests (possibly including the ones you haven't unlocked yet, and it would say the requirements). And once you choose a quest you would get to a map-like place where the stages are shown, like now.
3. One big map where all quests are shown as icons. When you click an icon you get to a smaller zoomed in map where the stages are shown (so like a mix of 1 and 2).

Or any other idea you might have. I woul presonally prefer 2 or 3, but 3 needs someone (not me, I can't draw) to make an entire world map for the game, preferably with all elements having its own area/country and probably some "neutral" areas as well.

Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131515#msg1131515
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2014, 05:26:17 pm »
@BluePriest

First of all hi, long time no see!
I like your art, but I agree with Fippe that the buttons could have a touch. Is there a way to make them more rounded instead of rectangly on the ftont side? Also, we would need a 2nd button image (maybe the original one with some effecfs) to make them look "pushed" that miliseconds after you clicked on them. And a simple enlightment for when they are hovered. Is that possible?
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Entropy Has You
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131524#msg1131524
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »
Yes it has been a while! The lack of updates or even some kind of news just ended up taking its toll on me. I'll take a look at some of the things when I get home from work.  None of them seem like they'd be hard to do.

Offline Ravizant

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Ravizant is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131528#msg1131528
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:29 pm »
@BluePriest  I don't think I understand what part of the art you are talking about?   Do you mean the cards themselves or the GUI?
Your wording is a bit vague and a teensy bit insulting sounding, so I am trying not to raise my hackles here and figure out what you mean exactly. :P I have contributed a lot to the art so its certainly important to me lol.

Also I have been helping for fun, expecting nothing, and asking nothing in return.
I don't even need my name in the credits, this is just to help see the project get filled in :)

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1131529#msg1131529
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2014, 08:05:09 pm »
The non-paint card art we have so far is awesome. The paint ones are imo fillers till we have more produced ones.
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

anything
blarg: SethKips