*Author

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1129992#msg1129992
« Reply #252 on: March 19, 2014, 08:22:57 am »
I'd love to help with painting some GUI stuff but I am quite busy as of late.  If I find some free time I will definitely pitch in though!

Heres a card:

Momentum

Cool, I thought you had disappeared :)
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline SethKips

• Reputation Power: 1
  • SethKips is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130076#msg1130076
« Reply #253 on: March 19, 2014, 11:36:05 pm »
Anyone have any feedback before I submit a pull request for the latest iteration of the UI?

edit: image removed to help save bandwidth, see later post for updated picture
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:00:16 am by SethKips »

Offline Zergva

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Zergva is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Slightly new to Elements
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team Fire
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130077#msg1130077
« Reply #254 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »
Thinking on how about if there will be random card arts in the background (could change with timer or with clicks)?

And if there's a gold icon I suggest to change the 'g' by the cost for the icon.

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130080#msg1130080
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2014, 12:24:27 am »
@SethKips Font size can be inconsistent. I had text going out of bounds on Chrome/mac. You should be checking the width/height of the PIXI.Text object for whether the width/height of the button is less than the Text's dimensions

Also why I tried to standardize with a google font (Dosis...)
But I see you're going the "everything's an image" route. Afraid I can't agree with it, even if you spritesheet it, the makeButton iteration was better with potential to work on mouseover detection changing color (now you'll have to double number of images... this isn't scalable. I didn't even mention adding a clicked state)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:37:44 am by serprex »

Online Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130081#msg1130081
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2014, 12:25:59 am »
@SethKips: I'd like a darker background. Blue's not good for my eyes unless it's navy, and I have a migraine+vertigo problem with brightness. Brighter blue's good at triggering it because it stimulates the eyes that way; keeps you awake. Darker blue does not.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline SethKips

Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130082#msg1130082
« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
This look better?

edit: image removed to help save bandwidth, see later post for updated picture
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:00:09 am by SethKips »

Offline serprexTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130083#msg1130083
« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2014, 12:39:30 am »
Honestly you should probably transition to a gray/brown like original Elements. I just went with #336699 because I suck at arbitrary decisions & that's the color choice I've defaulted to anytime I've unfortunately been messing with web dev

Warning: PIXI.Sprite.fromImage can be weird if the image isn't already loaded. You won't be able to notice those issues when testing on localhost
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 12:47:43 am by serprex »

Online Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130087#msg1130087
« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:42 am »
Looks like the same to me. I'm talking a lot darker, personally.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline SethKips

Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130096#msg1130096
« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2014, 02:59:33 am »
Alright, switched from a solid color background to a wood texture, and darkened the boxes more.
If anyone has a free image that they think would look better for the background, link it.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 04:09:43 am by SethKips »

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130134#msg1130134
« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:25 am »
This is looking much better.
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline dark ripper

• Reputation Power: 15
  • dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dark ripper is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Embrace the Random
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #7Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130138#msg1130138
« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2014, 10:11:20 am »
This is actually improving! better graphics, own art for the cards, awesome! Great work from Ravizant and SethKips!
Whispers in the dark, brawl #3
Team Earth, war #8
Team Entropy, war #9 , #10
Æ.N.D. 1st place TPvP #7

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: openEtG https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=52763.msg1130140#msg1130140
« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2014, 11:14:48 am »
Seth, did you draw the background or where is that pic from? If you drew it, post it. If it's from internet, post the link
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

anything
blarg: