*Author

Hodari

Re: Open Letter to Potential Platinum Leaguers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28002.msg357514#msg357514
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »
To prevent our league from becoming virtually unplayable i suggest we self-impose some limits.  Like restraining ourselves from taking the enhanced mark/ increased draw abilities.  Suggest what you think would be appropriate.

We could punish anyone who doesn't go along by giving them -reputation or spamming them with PMs in chat or something.  Ideas are appreciated.

Maybe this won't be necessary with the dynamic reward system, but i thought i'd get the ball rolling just in case.

Thoughts?
  That would only have any effect at all on people who are on the forums which certainly won't be everyone who plays or even close to it.  Even for those who are, -rep is pretty meaningless and would be blatantly abusing that feature to use it in this way.  Spamming them would be even worse.  In any case a system like this wouldn't work since if some cards are THAT powerful, building a deck around it will obviously give a huge reward for those players...there will always be at least someone who would do it no matter how much everyone else wanted to limit things.

If some cards are really that overpowered in this format, the better solution will be for them to simply be nerfed to a point where they are more balanced or for some new cards to be introduced which counter them.  Cards like Silence and Explosion may well need to be adjusted somehow for Arena to be viable or other limits may need to be added(keep in mind this IS still in beta).  Either way, these will be much better off if they are added to the game itself rather than players trying to impose them on each other.

Offline SnoWeb

• Reputation Power: 23
  • SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.SnoWeb is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: War #2 Winner - Team Entropy
Re: Open Letter to Potential Platinum Leaguers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28002.msg357515#msg357515
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »
Look at the rewards .

Players should make evil decks I say  >:D
I got this one with shakar, twice. Thanks QuantumT for the free up.

Re: Open Letter to Potential Platinum Leaguers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28002.msg357526#msg357526
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 10:36:53 pm »
to punishing ?
Why should players be punished in an illegal way for a legal behaviour , which you donĀ“t like ?
In any system, if people are acting in an undesirable way, they need to be punished in order for that behavior to stop.  When one has the recourse of a functioning legal system, then this is a reasonable way to punish them.  But if the legal system favors those in power (for example if it caters to the needs of the wealthy in a society where wealth is the predominant means to power), then the only method of punishment available is "illegal".

To say it in another way in a more positive light, behavior is only illegal when the consensus of the society says that it is.  If the society agrees that something is no longer illegal (or that something that is usually illegal ought to be allowed in a circumstance), its punishment is rarely enforced.  If someone (particularly someone in power) is engaging in a legal action which is detrimental to society, it is the moral imperative of the populace to communicate in a way that will allow them to coerce that person to stop their behavior, regardless of whether that communication is considere to be "conspiracy".

If there is some legal method available, i'm all ears, but -rep was the only thing that sprang to mind.  Honestly thats pretty much what happens in the real world.  Like there is no law (that i know of) about showering, but if someone walks around stinky all day they are gonna get shamed into bathing because of their bad reputation.

As far as people who don't have forum accounts, I hadn't considered that someone who had invested all the time in getting 100000 points or whatever you need wouldn't have a forum account, but i suppose its possible.

Hodari

Re: Open Letter to Potential Platinum Leaguers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28002.msg357532#msg357532
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 10:51:46 pm »
If there is some legal method available, i'm all ears, but -rep was the only thing that sprang to mind.
As far as people who don't have forum accounts, I hadn't considered that someone who had invested all the time in getting 100000 points or whatever you need wouldn't have a forum account, but i suppose its possible.
As I said, the legal(and probably most, if not only effective) method here is for the overpowered cards to be nerfed or other balance changes made to fix the issues.  Say which issues you feel need to be addressed on the forums and especially if other players agree that they are a problem, hopefully it will be addressed.  If you try this and Zanz doesn't fix it in a reasonable amount of time, then you could consider other options(even then spamming is not likely to be a good one) but he usually seems to listen pretty well to feedback..and presumably the whole point of releasing this as a beta was so he COULD get exactly that feedback and see what balance issues Arena would cause before officially releasing it.

And you don't need 100000 points to play in arena or for that matter any particular score at all..only if you want to make a deck for a specific league.

Kael Hate

Re: Open Letter to Potential Platinum Leaguers https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=28002.msg357535#msg357535
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 10:55:44 pm »

Lol, Locked.

Don't dare threaten action that is in anyway an abuse of the forum.

anything
blarg: