*Author

Sigh

Mutations https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=606.msg6980#msg6980
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 10:10:04 pm »

I know this doesn't EXACTLY pertain to mutations and the like, but does anyone know or can they figure out the odds of winning 2 firemasters from Graviton in a row from the slots?
With some knowledge of combinatorics (and/or statistics) it shouldn't be too difficult with the help of this: http://elementsthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Graviton
I don't understand the percentages at all. Why are there numbers there with commas?

Now to the real observation: Delreich, are you completely sure you didn't get atleast one creature with the mutate ability? Because I actually get that ability a lot in almost every creature...
Not in that session, no. Well, there might have been one among the ones I didn't take note of, but I don't think so. I've gotten one in the current session though.
Maybe wheny'all do the list/spreadsheet thing of creatures you make you include the list of possible abilities?

IMPORTANT EDIT: Just mutated and got a graboid, who then turned into a buried Forest Spirit. I think we may have found the cause of *some* of our discrepancies: the hatch ability.
That's more likely to be an issue with burrow, similar to how momentum messes things up.

Something that might affect things is mutating mutants, especially for someone like me who uses Fallen Elf.
I'm guessing at least some of my Abomination mutants were 'failed' mutations (not so much in that session, but in the current one).
This might have an effect on "improve" as well, if they get a second mutation or something (think PU).
Speaking of PU, mutants that are PUd can have lower stats than the original. They don't get the boost on top of the already boosted stats.

Edit: Now I'm not so sure about the PU bit... at least deja vu grants an extra big bonus, as I've just gotten a 10/5 Firefly.
Did I forget to mention that the Graboid was already buried when I played it? Whoops...

blarg: