*Author

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg515954#msg515954
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:40 am »
Does anyone know how and when the AI decides to use Chimera? I made a pharaoh deck + chimera for the arena, but in the "tests" the AI never uses it -even after filling the screen with scarabs, making it just a poorly designed pharaoh deck :(

So, it sparked my curiosity, and any help sating it would be most appreciated!
I think it only uses it if it has enough damage to kill you that turn.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline bobknows

• Reputation Power: 4
  • bobknows is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg516072#msg516072
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »
Do pillars trigger separately one after another or does the generation form clumps (aka is 3 Quantum Pillars 3 :rainbow+3 :rainbow+3 :rainbow or 9 :rainbow)?

Do quantum pillars ignore full quanta pools?

Yes, quantum pillars ignore full pools and produce quantum for them anyway.

As for clumps or individuals, idk. They do stack and the gui shows them producing quantum in groups so i would imagine the game is coded that way.

Offline Tirear

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tirear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Larger than a breadbox
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg516086#msg516086
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2012, 02:24:03 pm »
Does anyone know how and when the AI decides to use Chimera? I made a pharaoh deck + chimera for the arena, but in the "tests" the AI never uses it -even after filling the screen with scarabs, making it just a poorly designed pharaoh deck :(

So, it sparked my curiosity, and any help sating it would be most appreciated!
I think it only uses it if it has enough damage to kill you that turn.

Yeah, the AI predicts damage twice. The first time uses the same method as the damage indicator on your health bar (the yellow section). This is used for some decisions involving burrow, or on the other side, when to use miracle. The second time it just adds the attack of all its creatures. This is used to decide when to cast chimera, and is much more accurate because it removes the issues of fog shield, adrenaline and antimatter.

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg518499#msg518499
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »
1) Ghost of the Past can be obtained with mutation correct?
2) If I have a 11|13 Ghost of the Past with  :time:Dive, would Shard of Readiness allow double, triple or quadruple attack? Why?
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg518501#msg518501
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2012, 05:27:23 pm »
2) If I have a 11|13 Ghost of the Past with  :time:Dive, would Shard of Readiness allow double, triple or quadruple attack? Why?

From what I heard quadruple attack.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

Offline OldTrees

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 114
  • OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.OldTrees is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • I was available for questions.
  • Awards: Brawl #2 Winner - Team FireTeam Card Design Winner
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg518503#msg518503
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2012, 05:30:41 pm »

From what I heard quadruple attack.
Thanks, but I am looking for a more certain answer. (aka someone that can see the code)
"It is common sense to listen to the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their readiness to listen to the wisdom of the fool."
"Nothing exists that cannot be countered." -OldTrees on indirect counters
Ask the Idea Guru: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,32272.0.htm

Offline XenocidiusTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg518605#msg518605
« Reply #174 on: July 07, 2012, 02:13:40 am »
Ghost of the Past can be gotten from Mutation.

It would really allow octuple attack, would it not? You can use the ability once then cast Shard of Readiness to use the ability twice more ... in fact, consecutive Shards of Readiness could theoretically allow for x8192 attack. :) To answer your implied question, Dive does indeed double attack power.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg530660#msg530660
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2012, 03:27:11 pm »
I have some questions today:

How does the upgrading machine of AI4 exactly work ?

Does it decide for each card, if p<0.3 let the card be upgraded in the deck ?
Can I win a Ruby Dragon from AI4, when the deck only contains Crimson Dragons ?
At which point of the game is the status (upgraded /unupgraded ) of a card determined for the spinner ? Does the game decide that, when the deck is created, when the 4 cards are chosen, or individually for each slot reel ?

I ask, because that could have (massive?) influence on the number of upgraded cards you can get.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 03:29:15 pm by teffy »
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg530671#msg530671
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:39 pm »

I'm suddenly having visions of spamming six shard of readiness on some sort of super time diving mutant... and then twinning it.

Offline Tirear

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Tirear is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Larger than a breadbox
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg530674#msg530674
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2012, 04:39:15 pm »

I'm suddenly having visions of spamming six shard of readiness on some sort of super time diving mutant... and then twinning it.

TU mutants have their attack based on the originals full attack, not current attack. Thus, all the bonus attack from dive spam would not be copied.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg530685#msg530685
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »

TU mutants have their attack based on the originals full attack, not current attack. Thus, all the bonus attack from dive spam would not be copied.
Way to ruin my wonderful SoR Dive Spam PU'd vision :(
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:24:32 pm by Rutarete »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline russianspy1234

• Reputation Power: 26
  • russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.russianspy1234 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Crucible Bombarder
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeArt Competition - Meta Master Card Design Competition: New Year's ResolutionsSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elementshifted 3rd Birthday Cake -Fire-DIAC Ray of SunshineSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Game Coding Q&A https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=32442.msg1014656#msg1014656
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:42 am »
if there was a water creature with 0 defense, would shard of patience allow it to survive, or would it attack > die > patience triggers.
My Portfolio
Brawl 7 is occurring.  Come follow along.

blarg: