*Author

coldfusion

False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133648#msg133648
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »
OK a while ago my deck was farming false gods such that I had a very slow net gain in electrum from winning alone (not selling upgraded cards). However, I noticed recently that I am facing gods that I can't beat a lot more often and that my funds are actually dwindling. Is the appearance of false gods purely random with equal probability (ie it's just my bad luck)  or have they tweeked the rates? Thanks

guolin

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133649#msg133649
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:03:01 pm »
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) has gotten a lot smarter - it's starting to do things that a normal player woudl do, like rewinding their own creatures to prevent deck-out. Also, there are new False Gods, like Eternal Phoenix, that might kill your deck to pieces.

FG grinding decks usually need to reworked every now and then because of this.

Offline RavingRabbid

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 85
  • RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.RavingRabbid is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Lord Seagull
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition: The Face of Mother NatureSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of WaterWinner of Warrior's Preparation - PvP Event14 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PVP #1 Winner5th Trials - Master of Water3rd Trials - Master of WaterChampionship League 3/2011 WinnerWinner of 2nd Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 2nd Element Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Off-Topic Quiz LeagueWinner of 1st Element Quiz LeagueChampionship League 2/2011 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake3-Man Team PvP #1 Winner
Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133650#msg133650
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:05:01 pm »
OK a while ago my deck was farming false gods such that I had a very slow net gain in electrum from winning alone (not selling upgraded cards). However, I noticed recently that I am facing gods that I can't beat a lot more often and that my funds are actually dwindling. Is the appearance of false gods purely random with equal probability (ie it's just my bad luck)  or have they tweeked the rates? Thanks
It's just an illusion.
As guolin said, they got smarter, but more games you play, more their appereance rate will be 1/24.
There are things worse than eating tuna directly from the tin

coldfusion

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133671#msg133671
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:43 pm »
Cheers guys. It's not so much they're smarter that I'm losing, it's just if I see a fg I know I can't beat, I quit. This loses me money fast when 6 scorpios/dark matters/rainbows turns up.

bigbadbanana

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133716#msg133716
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:29:19 pm »
Actually, it isn't a 1/24 chance anymore. Zanz increased the chance of facing the "harder gods", like Seism.

kobisjeruk

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133745#msg133745
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:50 pm »
Actually, it isn't a 1/24 chance anymore. Zanz increased the chance of facing the "harder gods", like Seism.
source of confirmation? or just hearsay?

Kuross

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133748#msg133748
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 05:16:47 pm »
I was curious about this as well, though I chalked it up to just being overly paranoid. It seems I tend to face the FGs that wreck my deck on a more regular basis than the ones I have a more favorable chance against.

Does the selection take into account your win/loss record vs certain FGs when determing your next FG opponent?

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133814#msg133814
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:49:01 pm »
As kobisjeruk said. Provide source or is it hearsay?

Its used to be 19 FGs and 24 FG slots so 5 FGs were listed twice and thus had a higher chance of showing up, I remember two of them Rainbow and Seism. This was perfect for when hope/fractal/rol came out. It beat them both with relative ease. But when Decay Eternal Neptune Osiris and Dream Catcher came all the FG slots became filled so now its 1/24 to get them.

However, on a personal view there seems to be a cycle that changes with the day and with time at each log in. In any given day 10 FGs show up alot, 5-7 others not quite as much and then rest are interspersed among them with 1-3 showing up once or never.

But in the big picture it evens out.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

miniwally

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133882#msg133882
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 07:43:08 pm »
As kobisjeruk said. Provide source or is it hearsay?

Its used to be 19 FGs and 24 FG slots so 5 FGs were listed twice and thus had a higher chance of showing up, I remember two of them Rainbow and Seism. This was perfect for when hope/fractal/rol came out. It beat them both with relative ease. But when Decay Eternal Neptune Osiris and Dream Catcher came all the FG slots became filled so now its 1/24 to get them.

However, on a personal view there seems to be a cycle that changes with the day and with time at each log in. In any given day 10 FGs show up alot, 5-7 others not quite as much and then rest are interspersed among them with 1-3 showing up once or never.

But in the big picture it evens out.
Yeh I think it was some of the original FG's that were repeated Seism, Rainbow, Chaos Lord, Paradox, Destiny (not certain though and I get the feeling the last two weren't original anyway).

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133895#msg133895
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:14:32 pm »
Yeh I think it was some of the original FG's that were repeated Seism, Rainbow, Chaos Lord, Paradox, Destiny (not certain though and I get the feeling the last two weren't original anyway).
I made a mental not about those 5 FGs regarding to why i would build hope rol. 2 were easy 1 was medium. Seism was one of the easy ones and Rainbow was the medium one.

Chaos Lord Paradox and Destiny are all easy. Couldnt be ALL those. Besides im almost certain one is Fire Queen the more i am typing and looking back. Currently using forum search to try and find an old post listing them all

Edit one might have been octane... and one might have been scorpio both are guesses but strong ones

2nd Edit, Im sure Puppychow or Jmizzle7 remembers.
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg133939#msg133939
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »
The original FGs were Gemini, Fire Queen, Incarnate, Morte, Seism, Chaos Lord, Hermes, Graviton, Ferox (I dunno if you can consider Ferox an original, since its code was bugged and we could never fight it when the FGs were first introduced), Miracle, Rainbow, and Scorpio.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

miniwally

Re: False Gods appearance rate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=10875.msg134029#msg134029
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 11:56:42 pm »
The original FGs were Gemini, Fire Queen, Incarnate, Morte, Seism, Chaos Lord, Hermes, Graviton, Ferox (I dunno if you can consider Ferox an original, since its code was bugged and we could never fight it when the FGs were first introduced), Miracle, Rainbow, and Scorpio.
Knew I was wrong about the last two and doubt you can include Ferox. In that case I think it was Seism, Rainbow, Chaos Lord, Miracle, Fire Queen.

blarg: