*Author

ninetyfools

ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437450#msg437450
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:14:20 pm »
So, I've been playing elements for what?... 1 1/2 years? Whatever. But in the time I played elements, there are A LOT of scientific stuff. I didn't see a thread on this so... Why not? I guess this would be a topic to show that ETG uses science? ( ??? ) Oh I know. It explains to people about science and things that they didn't know before. Also it shows why some of the cards should be changed because its not used "correctly."
Mitosis- Mitosis is a process of cell division which creates two identical daughter cells from a single parental cell. The daughters then create more and more of the identical cell which leads to this: How come the "daughter cells" in Elements dont create more? Also, it should be a passive swarming cell. I'm not saying mitosis should be buffed/nerfed but the usage of mitosis is wrong.
Schrodinger's Cat- Schrodinger's cat is a quantum physics theory and it's really interesting to me. So, a cat is put inside a box with a poison that will kill it. The box is closed so no one will know whether or not the cat is dead. At one single period of time, the cat is both alive and dead thus the effect in ETG. Why a cat, I dunno. It could have been Bob's snail or Schrodinger's Gorilla. 
Maxwell's Demon- Anuzzer quantum physics theory. This is kind of confusing. Maxwell imagines one container divided into two parts, A and B. Both parts are filled with the same gas at equal temperatures and placed next to each other. Observing the molecules on both sides, an imaginary "demon" guards a door between the two parts. When a faster than average molecule from A flies towards the door, the demon opens the door, and the molecule will fly from A to B. When a slower than average molecule from B flies towards the door, the demon will let it pass from B to A. The average speed of the molecules in B will have increased while in A they will have slowed down on average. Since average molecular speed has a connection to temperature, the temperature decreases in A and increases in B. Cause of this the temperature in the separate parts will gradually turn into the same temperature. I have no idea why it kills a higher attack creature though. Ability: Paradox- A statement that seems absurd but states a possible truth. Again, dunno why it kills a higher attack than defense creature.
Adrenaline/Epinephrine- First off, Adrenaline and Epinephrine are the same thing. Epinephrine is just the scientific term. Adrenaline (Im using it cuz its easier to type) is a hormone and neurotransmitter. It stimulates your body to do things you normally wouldn't be able to do. It expands your lung capacity. However, you cannot control adrenaline. Also, it is a last resort for your body. You don't feel pain in this state. Some people have died because they didn't realize they were losing blood.
Lobotimizer- Lobotomy is a neuroscience. It involves severance of nerves relieving former disorders. However, if done incorrectly, it causes the patient to lose some or all of their previous skills.
Butterfly Effect- It literally means the principle of chaotic theories in which tiny changes in it will cause huge disruptions/differences for the outcome.
More coming.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: ETG: Viewing it as a nerd https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437529#msg437529
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »
Butterfly Effect, Antimatter, Black Hole, Adrenaline...

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a nerd https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437532#msg437532
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:22:49 pm »
It's a 'magical' game your trying to apply Science to.   If you want to do that Aether doesn't exist...  it's been dis-proven in science.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: ETG: Viewing it as a nerd https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437535#msg437535
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 06:25:47 pm »
There needs to be a Michelson Morley card. Destroys all :aether cards on the field.

ninetyfools

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a nerd https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437569#msg437569
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:15:33 pm »
Butterfly Effect, Antimatter, Black Hole, Adrenaline...
As I said... Moar... Coming... :D
Im only one person.
And Keeper... EtG may be a fantasy game but I'm not applying science to it. The scientific terms are already in the game before I started this thread. (Today :P)

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: ETG: Viewing it as a nerd https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437576#msg437576
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:30:25 pm »
Black hole: both players are sucked into the black hole and die.

There's been discussions of this before. The game is magical, you can have some discussion of science but if you fight to hard for things to make scientific sense youre missing the point. Also, dont care for the title of this thread. I'm a nerd, I'm sure many people here consider themselves nerds, and yet hold opposing views. It would be better to say viewing it as a scientist, or viewing it scientifically.
Your favorite Hotyugh

ninetyfools

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437579#msg437579
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:38 pm »
Some people don't know that there are some real things (objects? skills?) in EtG. I'm just explaining it I guess.

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437587#msg437587
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:10 pm »

There's been discussions of this before. The game is magical, you can have some discussion of science but if you fight to hard for things to make scientific sense youre missing the point. Also, dont care for the title of this thread. I'm a nerd, I'm sure many people here consider themselves nerds, and yet hold opposing views. It would be better to say viewing it as a scientist, or viewing it scientifically.
I believe I opened a thread in the card design section about this

ninetyfools

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437588#msg437588
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »

About what? Black Hole?

Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437603#msg437603
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:12 pm »

About what? Black Hole?
the science aspects of the game vs the magical aspects

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437608#msg437608
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 08:16:56 pm »
Yes, I am happy about the name change, thanks ^_^
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: ETG: Viewing it as a scientist :D (Happy?) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=34696.msg437621#msg437621
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 08:38:36 pm »
Acceleration- the rate of change of velocity over time. Basically a change of velocity over time.

blarg: