*Author

Offline pikachufan2164Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg386128#msg386128
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:59:55 am »
Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285

As there has been some demand for a complete card tracker, I've managed to update an existing one with Marks and the new cards from v1.27, as well with some additional statistics for the purposes of achieving Jmizzle Status™.

>>Download Link<< (#post_download)

If you have any questions and/or feedback about the spreadsheet, feel free to leave a reply on this thread. :)

Credit goes to Sir Valimont for his user interface and formulae; I just added more cards to his spreadsheet as he has left the forums.

Source: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,13271.0.html

SV's Notes (please read them to understand how to use this spreadsheet):

People have been asking about this, so I put it online. Please enjoy. :)

File is attached to this post.

Current Version: 1.285

Notes and how to use:

This is my personal spreadsheet that I use for keeping track of my Elements cards. I'm providing it here for free and am happy to take suggestions if anyone thinks it should be improved somehow.

If you do use this spreadsheet, I recommend that you keep it open in the background while you play so you can record cards as you get them. This way you won't have to go back and count after a long playing session. Also I highly recommend you maximize the spreadsheet and use it full-screen, since there is a lot of information and it's pretty wide.

Otherwise, in general, anyone should feel free to use this spreadsheet however he or she wants.

1. Editing the spreadsheet

There are 3 different things you should edit in the spreadsheet:

1) Enter the number of each card type you own. Do this simply by typing a number over where it says "x0" next to each card that is listed. You will see that by default the spreadsheet comes with 1 Longsword. You DON'T have to type the little "x" ... the spreadsheet will do that automatically for you.

2) At the top-left there is a box of statistics that includes your calculated total net worth. This is the sale price of all of your cards plus however many coins you have on-hand in your account. The line that says "On-Hand Electrum Coins" is where you should type that number.

3) The double-lined box at the top of the spreadsheet is where you decide how many cards of each type you want to "collect" for the spreadsheet's inventory purposes. I added this feature because unlike most people I collect 7 of each card type so that even if I use 6 of one type of card in my deck I will still have a placeholder. Most people collect 6 of each card type, though, so that is the default. This number will affect the calculations of how complete your set is, in terms of each element, rarity type, and so forth. Just type the NUMBER you want and not the word "cards." That is added automatically.

2. Card list features

All the cards are listed by element, in two columns, one for basic cards, and the other for the upgraded versions. You will see markings that indicate whether a card is rare and you will see both the single-card value of each card type and the total value of any stack of cards you might have. These are totaled at the bottom of each element group by commonality and then by elemental type.

You can collapse the view for any one element at any time by clicking the little MINUS (-) sign to the left of the element icon at the top of the section. This will allow you to look at the summaries of each element type near each other without having the complete list of all cards in your way. To see the card breakdown again, just click the button again -- it will now be a PLUS (+) sign.

One neat feature is that when you have more cards in a specific type, to the left of the card listing you will get a message that says "SELL" -- meaning you can afford to sell a card to the Bazaar for some extra cash and still be on track for your collection. If you have 12 un-upgraded cards (I call them "basic" cards) then the message will tell you "UPGRADE" meaning that you've gotten enough copies of that card type but need to upgrade some of them to have the full set. If you have a full set of a particular card type, you get a nifty little background that pops up with the element's color and says "COMPLETE." There is a summary statistic at the top-right of the spreadsheet that keeps track of how many types of cards you have the "complete" set for as well.

3. Summary Statistics

At the top of the spreadsheet are two sets of summary statistics. Your SET TOTALS are at the top-left and some OTHER STATS are in another section to the right. Set totals include things like your total net worth, but also show a breakdown of the total number of card types you own so you can see how close you are to having one of each card. The "Ownership %" stat is a percentage of exactly that. If you have one of each card that number will be 100%.

Set totals also shows you a breakdown of all basic and upgraded cards by commons and rares, and of course tells you the total number of cards you own overall.

The "Other Stats" section is pretty interesting, too. There are more complex breakdowns of card types but the main focus is on the VALUE of your card sets. This section will show you which elements you have the most value in -- which usually means the most upgraded cards, nymphs, and rares. It shows you your average value per element type and will tell you how far above or below the average each element is for you in a color-coded display. You can also see how many upgraded cards you have per element on average, which stack of cards is your most valuable stack (mine is 11 Quantum Towers for example), and other such things.

Lastly, my favorite thing: There is a stat that tells you how close to a "perfect" deck you are, based on your currently owned number of rares. If you plan to play Elements until you're as good as jmizzle, this is the stat for you! Good luck getting it past 10% though ... sheesh ... grinding. :)

Remember that there is NO NEED to manually edit any part of this section. All the calculations are done automatically, instantly, when you edit the card list section by adding new cards you've acquired.

4. Final Notes and Compatibility Issues

This spreadsheet was created using Microsoft Office 2002 for Windows.

Last note: This is completely free and I hope you enjoy it. Anyone can have it and anyone can use it however they want. I wrote "Prepared by Sir Valimont" at the top but hey, you can erase that if you feel like it.

Cheers and happy Elementing!
Download Instructions

1. Click on the attachment link below to download.
2. Open in Excel or OpenOffice.
3. Enjoy!
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Scaredgirl

Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg386167#msg386167
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:20:57 am »
Have you tried importing this to Google Docs? Not everyone has Excel, and being able to use this tool with a browser would be much more convenient.

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg386417#msg386417
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 08:46:03 pm »
A few things I did a mod of this a few days ago. and while tweaking a few things i noticed that complete card set counter includes nymphs, and the % completion of each of the categories counts as complete if you only have 1 of each.

Overall though the spreadsheet is really well made. easy to add new cards and easy to modify formulas.

I dont really know how to do some of the fancy aesthetic stuff but if you just upload it to google docs, it works just fine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmsstR6mMjkhdEVuRGZSUjM0MUVBX1VvdTZ3ekZVOGc&hl=en_US#gid=0
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

• Legendary Member
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg387032#msg387032
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:24 am »
Hm. A Google Docs version is definitely possible, but the fact that it can be edited by more than one person could cause problems if one person messes up any of the formulae on the original document.

For now, OpenOffice (freeware that is readily accessible) should be able to open a simple old-version Excel file like this one.

In the next few days, I'll be working on a more streamlined version for Google Docs, as well as playing around with the coding to revamp some of the features on the Excel document.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline gumbeh

• Reputation Power: 7
  • gumbeh is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Nude to Elements
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg392952#msg392952
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:56 pm »
Hm. A Google Docs version is definitely possible, but the fact that it can be edited by more than one person could cause problems if one person messes up any of the formulae on the original document.

For now, OpenOffice (freeware that is readily accessible) should be able to open a simple old-version Excel file like this one.

In the next few days, I'll be working on a more streamlined version for Google Docs, as well as playing around with the coding to revamp some of the features on the Excel document.
There are a few ways to handle this.

1 - make the sheet publicly editable, but lock a "template" sheet. People can copy it and edit the copied sheet. A sort of example of this is the Colosseum Betting spreadsheet.
Pro: Easiest for people to use, doesn't require downloading a file or making a google duplicate.
Con: The main template is safe, but visitors can vandalize each other's stuff.

2 - make the sheet viewable but not editable. People can download it in Excel or OO format, or make a google docs copy. An example of this method is my MatrimBot spreadsheet.
Pro: The template and user's sheets are safe from trolls.
Con: People have to put forth the "effort" of saving a copy. You'd be surprised how much of a damper this simple step has on usage rates.

Either way, when you do your editing, streamlining stuff, Docs is the most limited of the 3 formats, so if you get it working on Docs, you can safely export it to any other spreadsheet software.

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg393198#msg393198
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:45 am »
Great ;O
And, you could make your own googledocs acc, and lock your stuff.

Momofunk

Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg395155#msg395155
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:39 pm »
I thought this was a good tool, but found myself wanting one slight addition.

I've worked up a cost calculator. So, you enter in the number of cards you need to buy from the bazaar, number of cards you need to upgrade, and it spits out a total cost at the top. Then you've got a number to aim for in your farming to know when you're "done" and have enough to complete the deck you're after.

I don't know how useful it is to the community as a whole. Being new, it's handy for me to know when I'm at the point of being able to buy it all and jump in on trying out a new deck.

Pika had a good suggestion of tying it in with the card tracker that I'm going to try to implement. Any other suggestions/criticisms are welcome!

Linky: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqupiGU6KscedFl1a3NQeFRHanlSalNNT3R0TE9IQlE&hl=en_US#gid=6

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg398066#msg398066
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
I've worked up a cost calculator.
There's quite a few issues when opening with Excel... just wanted to let you know...

Momofunk

Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg398573#msg398573
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »

There's quite a few issues when opening with Excel... just wanted to let you know...
Fair enough. I don't use Excel, just GDocs, so that's not wholly unexpected.

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg407595#msg407595
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:20 pm »
Will you be making an updated version of this to include the new Shards?
Carpe Diem!!

• Legendary Member
  • Phase in, phase out.
Re: Elements Card Tracking Spreadsheet v1.285 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=30399.msg407623#msg407623
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 06:09:37 pm »
Will you be making an updated version of this to include the new Shards?
Yes, I will hopefully be getting around to making a v1.29 update (in addition to fiddling around with the layout for a revamp that can be exported over to Google Docs without looking too ugly), but it's kind of on the backburner at the moment because of War and RL commitments (yay, midterms every single week) D:

Level 2 Magic Judge.

anything
blarg: Sir Valimont