*Author

Offline YvoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Yvo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Bazi student
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2015 3rd Place
desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1210975#msg1210975
« on: October 17, 2015, 11:14:43 pm »
Hi,

I have been playing BL and sometimes you get desynchs.
Like a previous match in the next turn I could survive and finish, I took a printscreen.
Opponent said they won too against CPU, but no printscreen could be taken because the opponent's internet went off.
If there was no desync I would've won. But it took such a long time to figger out to who you send a message and how, I wasn't interested anymore.
I agreed with the other player to replay the match with the same decks. This time, because of luck of the draw, I lost.
To me it's a fact that I would've won if there was no desync. So I get the feeling that I won but it's counted as a loss.
All this really flushes the fun away :(.

My main question is when exactly are these desyncs going to be completely fixed?
Second less important question, how is it that this game has desyncs in PvP and other online card games like Urban Rivals and Hearthstone haven't?
Thanks in advance,

Best regards
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:16:38 pm by Yvo »

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1210979#msg1210979
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
I've never played Urban Rivals, but Hearthstone has disconnects as well.  Not as many as Elements, but then, I'm pretty sure Blizzard's infrastructure beats ours :p

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211070#msg1211070
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 09:25:54 am »
Second less important question, how is it that this game has desyncs in PvP and other online card games like Urban Rivals and Hearthstone haven't?
Thanks in advance,

I play Urban Rivals, and if a player get disconnected during a match until the turn times out, he automatically loses (I hate it when it happens in a Tourney).
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211072#msg1211072
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:23 am »
In EtG PvP, if you have a printscreen of a win and your opponenet doesn't, then you will win that game. This is a rule for all organized PvP events.

You only replay the match if both you and your opponent won/lost. Some people actually review the draws of each player and agree to take a loss/win if there was no way for one side to win barring AI being stupid.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline YvoTopic starter

• Bazi student
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211084#msg1211084
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:52 am »
I've never played Urban Rivals, but Hearthstone has disconnects as well.  Not as many as Elements, but then, I'm pretty sure Blizzard's infrastructure beats ours :p
I can't remember having a desync or disconnect with Hearthstone. But Hearthstone is from the devs of WOW.
Like you said it's not fair comparing them in that view.

Thanks in advance,

I play Urban Rivals, and if a player get disconnected during a match until the turn times out, he automatically loses (I hate it when it happens in a Tourney).
I have been playing UR since the start of 2012. I've played dozens of Tourneys and I never had a disconnect. That's weird.

In EtG PvP, if you have a printscreen of a win and your opponenet doesn't, then you will win that game. This is a rule for all organized PvP events.

You only replay the match if both you and your opponent won/lost. Some people actually review the draws of each player and agree to take a loss/win if there was no way for one side to win barring AI being stupid.
Thank you Zawadx, that was useful. I'll definitively do that next time.
But for the last match I was running a OTK deck.
I had 50-60 seconds to see I drew the last card, make the combo (because the creatures in question do 0 damage), get freaked out because of the disconnect,
get all stresses up because I didn't knew what to do and then calm and relaxed take a screenshot. It was impossible to do that in 50-60 seconds.
I would've lost. So I took a printscreen of the 'you won' screen with timer, unfortunately without chat. But I didn't knew how to send it.

Now this is just a character trait about me, I hate things that are unfair. Desyncs, disconnects or whatever it is called make it unfair. Both to me and to my opponent.
So also to be fair to my opponent, I agreed with my opponent to replay the match.
Well, all chaos together, this was the most frustrating game I ever played in the history that I'm playing online card games.

Thanks for the replys guys, but does anyone have an answer for my main question?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:13:40 am by Yvo »

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211089#msg1211089
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 11:12:04 am »
I have been playing UR since the start of 2012. I've played dozens of Tourneys and I never had a disconnect. That's weird.

Just checked my Urban Rivals account and it said that I started 2.5 years before you at 26/07/09. I have experienced many occurances of getting disconnected during match, though it's mainly due to my crappy internet connection.
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211090#msg1211090
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 11:12:29 am »
If someone told you they cannot take a screenshoth because their internet off they are downright LYING. This is unacceptable and the win is YOURS. I hope some League Organizer can view this.

Offline YvoTopic starter

• Bazi student
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211092#msg1211092
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:16:15 am »

Just checked my Urban Rivals account and it said that I started 2.5 years before you at 26/07/09. I have experienced many occurances of getting disconnected during match, though it's mainly due to my crappy internet connection.
Sure I believe you, I'm just saying I never had one since I started playing.

If someone told you they cannot take a screenshoth because their internet off they are downright LYING. This is unacceptable and the win is YOURS. I hope some League Organizer can view this.
Thank you.
Unfortunately my opponent and I already agreed to replay yesterday. Opponent afterwards posted it at 3/2015 BL.
I PM Treldon yesterday and he PM me back saying I see she posted so you agreed to replay. I haven't PM'd him back today.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:22:56 am by Yvo »

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 15th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211095#msg1211095
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 11:19:25 am »
Some factors that help us having so many desyncs:

• The way the game "talks" with the server takes too long. What it uses was common in 2009, but has gotten obsolete with new technologies that are also more reliable.
  • HS uses Unity. Flash looks like a relic in comparison. I mean, things like changing tabs increase your chance of dc, cmon.

Solving these would require Zanz to change his whole server code, but he doesn't even have time to add new cards nowadays :( .
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline YvoTopic starter

• Bazi student
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211096#msg1211096
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 11:21:56 am »
I mean, things like changing tabs increase your chance of dc, cmon.

Solving these would require Zanz to change his whole server code, but he doesn't even have time to add new cards nowadays :( .
Okay, and how do you not change tabs? That looks interesting =).

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211097#msg1211097
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 11:24:59 am »

I didn't think that you didn't believe me, I was just... jealous of you.  :D

Offline YvoTopic starter

• Bazi student
Re: desyncs https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=60124.msg1211098#msg1211098
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 11:31:01 am »

I didn't think that you didn't believe me, I was just... jealous of you.  :D

Lol
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:35:22 am by Yvo »

anything
blarg: