*Author

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg27493#msg27493
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 07:57:17 am »
But to answer your question, elementals want the same thing as humans do in our universe. You can tell by the False Gods, who desired more power and control over other elementals. Remember that the predominant, intelligent species in Elements are not humans, but elementals. There are no humans in my version of Elements.
That only explains the motives of The False Gods. What about the rest?

A simple unimportant but sort of related question.

Can Humans really lay claim to being the predominant, intelligent species of the Universe like the Elementals can? I mean we only inhabit one tiny little planet and the only claim to power we have is that we have not yet seen evidence of a greater species in the tiny portion of space we have actually seen. :)

Offline Bloodshadow

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Bloodshadow is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • 吞天纳地,魔渡众生。天下万物,唯我至尊。
  • Awards: Ultimate Profile WinnerOpposites Attract
Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg27746#msg27746
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2010, 04:24:16 am »
Perhaps I should've said "world" instead of "universe". You cannot deny the fact that humans are the predominant species on Earth.

That only explains the motives of The False Gods. What about the rest?
Elementals think and act just like humans in the real world. All of them want power, wealth (electrums), etc. Except maybe that the elementals do not have sexual desires like humans, because they're genderless in my story.

But that leads to another question... Do elementals have genders in your story? If not, do they reproduce asexually? Or do they not procreate at all? I'm highly unsure about this in my own story.

And what do elementals look like in your story? I've explained that in my story, elementals look like colorless and translucent humanoid beings made of energy; only their Marks in their cores are colored. But as they absorb quanta, they gain color. I don't think one type of elemental should only have one color; for example, a Fire elemental can absorb both Fire and Air quanta, and it would have an azure and red body and a red core.
To be or not to be, I can do both at once. Go learn quantum mechanics, n00b.

Xiahou Dun

Re: A Re-envisioning of the Elements Fan based Story. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2850.msg27764#msg27764
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2010, 06:09:41 am »
But that leads to another question... Do elementals have genders in your story?

Elementals can have the appearance of Gender to Humans but they are Hermaphrodite creatures. None of them have a Gender.

If not, do they reproduce asexually? Or do they not procreate at all? I'm highly unsure about this in my own story.
Remember that my Elementals are all simply consciousness born from the fragmentation of an earlier beings mind. It is not unreasonable to believe that an Elemental could fragment itself further into more beings if it were pushed to do so a similar way to the Original Being but would this count as procreation even?

And what do elementals look like in your story? I've explained that in my story, elementals look like colorless and translucent humanoid beings made of energy; only their Marks in their cores are colored. But as they absorb quanta, they gain color. I don't think one type of elemental should only have one color; for example, a Fire elemental can absorb both Fire and Air quanta, and it would have an azure and red body and a red core.
I originally said that the Elementals were comprised of nothing more then Energy and Consciousness. They in their base form have absolutely no visible or physical existence whatsoever. However they use their energy to draw matter to themselves, they shape their creatures, their pillars and everything else from this matter and so they may also choose to shape an appearance and physical body from it. An Earth Elemental may appear to be a Rocky Humanoid Golem of pure Stone, a Fire Elemental a burning figure or really anything the Elemental chooses to appear as, a Life Elemental is just as likely to look like Treebeard from Tolkeins fantasy as it is a giant Lolwut Pear, but this is just a cloak it wears. IT purely by itself does not look like anything.

anything
blarg: